• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Update 3:

After making my way through Mt. Moon we arrived at Cerulean City, going straight to Misty with Lavender taking the lead, as I taught him TM Bullet Seed that I picked up beforehand. Even though Paras was quite underleveled (6 levels lower), she managed to easily defeat Misty, earning us the second badge. So far my money has been going to Repels and Super Potions and it feels a bit weird to not run into Pokemon haha.

On my way to Vermillion City I got a Meowth to be my Flasher and Cutter. Taking on all the trainers in the area and on the S. S. Anne we are now taking on Lt. Surge.

Team:
eevee.png
Pine ♂, Modest nature, Lvl. 25
fearow.png
Mint ♂, Mild nature, Lvl. 24
parasect.png
Lavender ♀, Mild nature, Lvl. 25

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Badge 2 -
Spoiler:

Team -
Spoiler:

Berries -
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Update 4:

I took way too long with the switches in Lt. Surges gym, haha! Luckily Pine learned Dig from the Rocket Grunt's TM and we swept him pretty easily. The routes and tunnel to Lavender Town took a bit but Lavender carried us all the way through and learned Spore while at it, an amazing move I intend to use for the hard fights later in the game. Mint is falling off in usage for now but had his moment with Erika, destroying all her Pokémon with one Aerial Ace. In the Dpt. Store Pine could finally evolve into Flareon and as soon as he learns a fire move Sunny Day will see way more usage. For now, I'm getting ready to grab the Leftovers from Snorlax and tackle the Silph Co.

Team:
flareon.png
Pine ♂, Modest nature, Lvl. 34
fearow.png
Mint ♂, Mild nature, Lvl. 33
parasect.png
Lavender ♀, Mild nature, Lvl. 33

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Update 5:

Our second big challenge came in the form of Koga. After clearing the Rocket Hideout and obtaining the Silph Scope, we made our way to free Mr. Fuji and then take the Cycling Road to Fuchsia City, grabbing Fly and Strenght. Since my team was close enough in levels I tried beating Koga. It was not pretty. His Muk gave us massive trouble, high defense, high attack on Sludge, constant poison with Toxic and Minimize and Acid Armor spam made Dig absolutely useless and Lavender was one-shot crit by Sludge. After trying out some strategies I settled on an X Speed and X Attack on his first Koffing (after making sure not to get poisoned or Smokescreen'd) and then used Spore and Slash on Muk until it died. Overall I needed 19 resets until it got the perfect run. The rest of his team was easily defeated and we are moving on to clear the Silph Co. building. Team-wise I will move Sunny Day over to Pine in the future and teach Return to Mint. Lavender will learn Growth soon to replace Thief.

Team:​

flareon.png
Pine ♂, Modest nature, Lvl. 43
Quick Attack
Dig
Fire Spin
Bite

fearow.png
Mint ♂, Mild nature, Lvl. 42
Drill Peck
Secret Power
Sunny Day
Steel Wing

parasect.png
Lavender ♀, Mild nature, Lvl. 42
Slash
Spore
Giga Drain
Thief

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Update 6:

Silph Co. and Sabrina were super easy, Pine demolished her with Bites and Lavender took care of Giovanni. While on our way to Blaine I grabbed the two Leftovers and gave them to Lavender and Pine for now, teaching Mint Return after a nice sweep through the fire gym thanks to Dig and Secret Power. I actually forgot that Growth doesn't interact with Sunny Day on Gen III and I'm now thinking of teaching Lavender Solar Beam, but I'm not sure yet. Spor & Growth is probably the better strategy. Since I got a Meowth as HM slave I might grind until I can get Hidden Power.
Time is sadly tight and I have to cut it short here. More details next time!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Update 7:

I think I ran into an impasse and need your help to decide what to do. It was smooth sailing, Giovanni went down without a hitch, I made my way through Victory Road and the Elite 4 with relative ease until I stood before Lances' Aerodactyl. It just demolishes my whole team with one attack, being super fast as well, so I can't Spore it. I tried different strategies but nothing works, Fearow, Parasect, and Flareon are just no match for an Aerodactyl, they are barely scratching it. On Gen III my options in terms of movepool are also abysmal and I tried everything I could without cheating. My only option here is overleveling massively, which removes any challenge after the flying devil is defeated and I really dislike, or I have to call it here. I'll post my current team so you can try to come up with a strategy if you want but I don't see a way out of this. It was fun while it lasted tho!

The Team:

flareon.png
Pine ♂, Modest nature, Lvl. 55
Sunny Day
Dig
Flamethrower
Bite

fearow.png
Mint ♂, Mild nature, Lvl. 55
Drill Peck
Secret Power
Return
Steel Wing

parasect.png
Lavender ♀, Mild nature, Lvl. 56
Slash
Spore
Giga Drain
Growth​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2023
Username: Heemi
Which Game: Shield

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 27, 2021
NAME: Sunset
GAME: doing this for fun...don't really have one I wanna reset; it could give me an idea for a casual battle team though

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Username: Heemi
Which Game: Shield

Spoiler:

Class: Gaming Influencer
Primary Mission(s):
1. Catch Spiritomb (if you have the DLC)
2. Customize your appearance, buy lots of clothes
3. Customize your league card, share with five people
4. Catch a shiny pokemon
Malamar (Dark, Influencer, Brains, Slender, Marsh)
Grimmsnarl (Black, Fairy, Dark, Metal)
Mimikyu (Fairy, Ghost, Halloween)

NAME: Sunset
GAME: doing this for fun...don't really have one I wanna reset; it could give me an idea for a casual battle team though

Spoiler:

Class: Artist
Primary Missions(?):
Well, since this is casual, I would suggest just drawing a picture of this team, but only if you want to! I will just focus on the team
Azumarill (Teal, Fairy, Mammal, Art, beach)
Furfrou (Normal, Dog, Art)
Venusaur (Grass, Teal, Pink flower, forest)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I'd be happy to participate on this challenge, it seems very fun. And tests and exams that say stuff about one are fun!

A) USERNAME: Tagus Knoll
B) WHICH GAME: Moon
C) GENDER: Nonbinary guy

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
I'd be happy to participate on this challenge, it seems very fun. And tests and exams that say stuff about one are fun!

A) USERNAME: Tagus Knoll
B) WHICH GAME: Moon
C) GENDER: Nonbinary guy

Spoiler:

Class: Multi-Faceted Novelist
Missions:
1. Participate in the battle tree to "interview" its famous trainers.
2. Get three different special tea biscuits from the cafe in the pokemon centers (you get a different one each day of the week) (travel/culinary writig)
3. Come up with a name and concept for a novel your trainer would write!
Politoed (Green, Gecko, Water)
Rihombee (Bug, Fairy, Frail > Stone Wall)
Alolan Muk (Varied Color, Green, Purple)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Class: Multi-Faceted Novelist
Missions:
1. Participate in the battle tree to "interview" its famous trainers.
2. Get three different special tea biscuits from the cafe in the pokemon centers (you get a different one each day of the week) (travel/culinary writig)
3. Come up with a name and concept for a novel your trainer would write!
Politoed (Green, Gecko, Water)
Rihombee (Bug, Fairy, Frail > Stone Wall)
Alolan Muk (Varied Color, Green, Purple)

Thank you for the Pokemon! I actually started on this challenge now, just had to write up the update so I could have something to show for it.

The update in question:
Spoiler:

Information on the Tea Biscuits [Chocolate version]
Spoiler:

Current team:
Spoiler:

Hope this is enough for now! I'll be back with more updates after either:

Defeating Ilima and the Totem
or
Defeating Hala and finishing the first Island

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 11, 2021
Beelzebuth
White 2
Male

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
Looks fun!
A) USERNAME: Inkwriter
B) WHICH GAME: Sword or any Gen 5 game
C) GENDER: I assume this means in-game gender, so female
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Beelzebuth
White 2
Male

Class: Film Maker
Missions
1. Get Ex Rank in PokeStar Studios
2. Beat three of the movies with your own pokemon
Samurott (Water, Sagittarius, Fun)
Magnezone (Film Maker, Electric, Grey)
Umbreon (Dark, Wolf, Loyal/Quiet)

Looks fun!
A) USERNAME: Inkwriter
B) WHICH GAME: Sword or any Gen 5 game
C) GENDER: I assume this means in-game gender, so female

I am gonna do Sword, because it is a little easier.

Class: Administrator
Missions
1. Choose one organization to join (ex. Macro Cosmos, Team Yell, A evil team from another region, or any organization (real or fictional) you can think of). Look for atleast four battle-able trainers that are not already a part of that organization and, after beating them, note them as "recruits."
Dusknoir (Ghost, Administrator, Literature)
Grimmsnarl (Nordic, New Year's, Fairy, Classical, Muscular, Mythical, Variety of colors, Literature) (I know, it technically starts out kind of magenta, but it really fits you otherwise)
Steelix (Snake, Steel, Shiny is Gold (if you want to try for it), Thick-Skinned)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
Class: Film Maker
Missions
1. Get Ex Rank in PokeStar Studios
2. Beat three of the movies with your own pokemon
Samurott (Water, Sagittarius, Fun)
Magnezone (Film Maker, Electric, Grey)
Umbreon (Dark, Wolf, Loyal/Quiet)

I am gonna do Sword, because it is a little easier.

Class: Administrator
Missions
1. Choose one organization to join (ex. Macro Cosmos, Team Yell, A evil team from another region, or any organization (real or fictional) you can think of). Look for atleast four battle-able trainers that are not already a part of that organization and, after beating them, note them as "recruits."
Dusknoir (Ghost, Administrator, Literature)
Grimmsnarl (Nordic, New Year's, Fairy, Classical, Muscular, Mythical, Variety of colors, Literature) (I know, it technically starts out kind of magenta, but it really fits you otherwise)
Steelix (Snake, Steel, Shiny is Gold (if you want to try for it), Thick-Skinned)

Thanks for the response! I've actually never seen Grimmsnarl before haha, but I do really like it! Definitely going to do this challenge.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
A) USERNAME: kaizodakitten
B) WHICH GAME: Sun
C) GENDER: female

a) Favorite color: yellow
b) Select one of the following which best describes you: blissful
c) Favourite Animal:Dogs and snow leopards
d) Where would you rather be: Cit
e) Favourite Food:Any form of seafood, especially fish
f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?
g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil- Good, but may consider evil in some conditions
h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?-Muscular
i) Which do you prefer? Mammals
j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference.
1.Dark
2. Fairy
3.Water
k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5)-Rather than hating certain Pokemon, instead I
l) What profession do you aspire to be most? - vetenarian/graphic designer/something related to medical science
m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?-color variety
n) Name a person that Inspires you?-Toby Fox
o) What is your favourite music?-FNF (if that counts as a genre...)
p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? -Halloween
q) What is your zodiac sign?-Libra
r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?- Paris
s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent?- smart and unattractive
t) What colour do you loathe?-NONE!
u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 6-7, depeneds on the task
v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect)-English/Art
w) Name one talent of yours.-Humour
x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty- Stubborn,Creative,Ambitious
y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most?-Serena/Blue
z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?-I'm less likely to use slow Pokemon as I value speed a lot.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
A) USERNAME: kaizodakitten
B) WHICH GAME: Sun
C) GENDER: female

Class: Medic
Missions
1. Keep track of every trainer you beat. For every one trainer pokemon you defeat, you must buy one potion. In this way, you are "healing" the pokemon you defeat.
2. (OPTIONAL HARDCORE) If you want to challenge yourself, only heal using items.
Primarina (Water, Fairy, Seafood Diet, Mammals, Medic, Humor Talent)
Rihombee (Fairy, Dex Entry for medical use, Yellow)
Absol (Dark, Medical Use of Warning Ability, Speed Valued, Kind of like dog/snow leopard combo)

RebeccaRain43

Dark Queen
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
USERNAME: RebeccaRain43
WHICH GAME: Omega Ruby

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
USERNAME: RebeccaRain43
WHICH GAME: Omega Ruby

Class: Game Dev
Missions
1. Complete all the trick house challenges
2. Take notes on ways the game, omega ruby itself, could have been improved upon
Mightyena (Dark, Evil, Forest)
Mawile (Fairy, Petite, Goth)
Magnezone/Magneton (Virgo, Electric, Game Designer)

Back