• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you evolve your pokemon with a stone?

Years
So, what if your Pokemon wouldn't mind that you would want him to evolve with a stone for his type. Would you evolve him/her with it? Would you even consider it or you think that when the time is right your pokemon will evolve by him/herself? I know that in pokemon games you can't get some pokemon in other way than evolving them with stones, but I think that in anime all pokemon can evolve by themselfs. If I am wrong please corect me.
I would personaly evolve with stones just those pokemon which I would like to have and I could not get them in any other way. Not that I have something against evolving them with stones but I think that it's more interesting to let it happen by itself. It would be like a plesent surprise for me
:D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I was under the impression that some had to have stones. But oh well.

I probably would if they needed a stone to evolve and they wanted to. It's doing them a favor by helping them become stronger I suppose. But yeah, I would.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, as most, if not all, of yous state, it's unfair to force a Pokemon to evolve using a stone - who knows what the repercussions could be after you do so - your Pokemon will resent you even, and that's the last thing you really want. I'll let them decide, doesn't mean they can be smart enough to evolve themselves with the stone! I guess really both sides have to agree, but the Pokemon should be put first before you. IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Sudowoodo12345I/yes.gif[/IMG]

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
As you said, if the Pokemon had no argument against using a stone then I would consider it depending on the current Pokemon's abilities. I'm an impatient person but I also can't stand it if I make a mistake because I rushed into things. I would make sure that the Pokemon is comfortable with its current abilities and then possibly consider giving it a stone, as long as he/she is willing. Like others have said, you should take the Pokemon's feelings and attitude into account before making any irreversible decisions.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
Years
All up to what the Pokemon wants, they do have feelings after all and they should be taken into accounts.

I also think that it is a pokemons feelings which should be seriously taken into consideration as its them who will change for ever and they may like the way they are such as Ash's pokemon like bulbasuar and pikachu who resisted to evolve because they liked the way they are. Also i dont think that its good to evolve a pokemon just because it would help you to become stronger because its not the way that a pokemon would like to be treated.

~Kipper~

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
I just select the stone I need and evolve the Pokemon. Easy as pie and I'm sure they don't care. It's like when a Pokemon hits puberty, they realize they are better off with a new, intelligent brain and body.

Years
It all really depends on whther my pokemon wanted it or not. I mean I wouldn't want to be forced into something that I did not want, so I would never force it upon someone or something else.

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Only if it like, wanted to evolve at all. Forcing someone to do something they don't want to is just lame imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would. Cause they would hate it at first, but then..accept it and be glad that it's better then before. Plus the Pokemon would agree to it for the trainer anyway.

Years
I'd say 'I DO WANT MAH PIAKACHOO TO EVOLVE'

Considering I don't own any pokemon IRL and the pokemon in the games are just sprites and coding, which probably don't have feelings, I' just catch another pokemon to evolve with the stone if I liked the pokemon thatI could evolve

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
Years
Depends really.

In the games i rarely hesitate to evolve via stone, but there are a few times where I get spooked by the knowledge it will never be the same again.

If pokemon were flesh and blood real... I would truely be conflicted. It would be an aganizing decision to make, unless the pokemon wanted to...

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
No i would not becuse it`s difficult

No, I wouldn't give rock to my pokémon! What kind of place is this? D:

Emm.. excuse me what do you guys mean??:paranoid:

But anyway I would evolve my pkmn only if there wasn't any different way.. and I would of course consider wheter the pkmn actually wanted it. Oh and I would also evolve my pkmn if it urgently (sp?) wanted to become strongly and couldn't get stronger in another way.. but I would try to convince it to wait to evolve with training.

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
What I mean is I wouldn't want to transform my pokemon into a mini version of Snoop Dogg by giving him such substances =x

Is this supposed to be a joke?? Because you made me even more confused:paranoid: :nervous:

Back