• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Welcome, Para-Dox! You might wanna fix the username typo, though. XD

I must agree that the Nidos are pretty cool, among the most iconic Poison-types. I always loved them in the Pokemon Stadium rental Pokemon.

Years
Thinking back on the first gen, a lot of awesome pokemon were really pointless because they learnt nothing by leveling, like Rhydon and the Nido's. I found that quite disappointed.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
So, we're just 3 votes away from having enough eligible members to hold a WiFi-based event I've been planning since I started this club. Since all but one member have voted, we need to try and get more members!

On Pokemon not learning many moves in Gen I, omg yes. In the current gen, some stone-evolvers need to be kept unevolved until they learn certain moves. Back then, however, Pokemon like Clefairy had horrible level-up movesets, so they could be evolved immediately and taught TM moves.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Stone evolution is pretty hard to decide now, since some Pokemon learn much stronger attacks at higher levels when unevolved.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Stone evolution is pretty hard to decide now, since some Pokemon learn much stronger attacks at higher levels when unevolved.
Yeah, I agree. To be honest though, I have no idea why Game Freak has to make pokemon become less useful when they are evolved with stones. Hope I make sense :P

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
merry christmas guys! ^^

christmas02.png
I will follow ikarochase Merry Xmas and Happy New Year :)

Years
In the first gen The only type that didn't have more than 3 stone evolutions that evolved by stone was Electric with only Pikachu and Jolteon.
Out of all the stone evolutions the eevee's were the best even with their poor move sets.

Also
Did anyone do the Slowpoke/Poliwag guys Mew cheat in Red/Blue/Yellow?

miltankRancher

Years
vaporeon could utilize those moves pretty well, Jolteon is simply a speedy beast, and Flareon is hot. I guess.

Cheat? Nah. when I was playing that time, I am not familiar with any kind of cheat in Red.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
No, I didn't utilize the Mew Glitch myself. But, apparently my brother had, because I remember him having had a Mew. Also, it was interesting that in Pokemon Stadium, there was a trainer in Prime Cup (iirc) who had a Mew.

Years
Well you obviously have the multiplication of item cheat.
But yeah there is an actual legit way to get Mew in the Gen I games without a gameshark or whatever. Granted i discovered this when i was young and don't care much for cheating at all

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Username: Ciax
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Squirtle, Scyther, Pinsir, Electabuzz, Butterfree, Cubone, Arbok, Tentacruel, Venonat
Partner Pokemon: Blobbo the Tentacruel

I never cheated, probably because I was about 2 then but if I did play the games back then I would have cheated. But only for mew........... and maybe a few others

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Welcome, Ciax! Be sure to vote in this club's poll for my reference for the purpose of creating WiFi-based events. Also, if you want to take part in the Create-a-Banner contest, you still have until December 28 at 11:59PM EST to submit your work!

miltankRancher

Years
welcome Ciax! good to see you have a wide plethora of first gen favorites. It is actually the best generation amayright?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
As the deadline approaches for submissions for the Create-a-Banner contest, please remember that the absolute maximum size a banner should be is 600x350px, as this is the maximum space allotted for a signature. Also, the file size should not exceed 1MB. Remember, the main purpose for these banners is for use in signatures. It is advisable to leave some space in the vertical area so that members may have room for text in their signatures. Just remember to bear the PokeCommunity signature rules in mind when making these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back