• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen La la la -- Dun Dun Dun! ♪

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Between HGSS and DPPt what were your favourite tunes? Are you favourites of a particular route? A battle theme? Or perhaps a city, or overworld encounter? If you had to compare the two series, which would you choose based on the music and audio in general? Why?

I love bits a pieces of music from both series of games. I loved the Elite Four battle themes for both Johto and Sinnoh, but in the end I've found that HGSS have won be over based on the face that having the ability to go to Kanto, also gives us the chance to experience new battles with new and much more exciting themes; definitely refreshing.

Discuss!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Tunes...tunes...maybe the VS Champion Red (due to him being one in R/B/G/FR/LG)/Champion Lance theme of Johto. Maybe that's the only thing. Oh, and there's the VS Champion Cynthia theme.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Well, in DPPt I only really like Cynthia's battle theme.

In HGSS, I love a lot. I love Red's battle theme, Lance's battle theme, the gym leader themes, and basically everything with the GB Music Player!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked all the battle themes of the Sinnoh and Johto games, especially Ho-Oh's battle theme in HG/SS.

#isthenumbersign
Years
The Spear Pillar theme was always a fun one to listen too. Oh and Sunyshore's theme. It was so uplifting and awesome, even at night!

In HGSS, the revamped themes were all pretty good, except for the championship battle. I absolutely hated it tbh.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Platinum's Distortion World and HGSS's Champion Lance Theme are on top of my list.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Red's theme, and the Looker overworld theme. AWESOME. Also, the Platinum Legendary Music, i.e. the Lake Faries. It was always awesomelicious when I'd hear that when running through tall grass, even though I never caught ANY ;p
The HGSS cave music was pretty too. Or was it Platinum's that was pretty? I think it was Platinum's. I don't really remember the music that well :P

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
the dailga/palkia theme, i love that song. unless you're talking about the anime remixes too then it would be route 201

oooDrakeooo

Golden Dragon
Years
On HGSS, my favourite melodies are: Route 47 and Cianwood City. The first one is very beautiful, and in my opinion is the best one in the game. The second one is super relaxing. Once, I listened to it while taking a bath, it was great xDD Also, there's the Azalea Town song, I love this song very much, and I was glad when I heard this beautiful remake (and the one on FRLG!)

From DPPt, my favourite one is the song on Route 206. I don't really know why, I just loved it since the very first time I ever heard it! And also, there's the song on Mt. Coronet Peak. This one is... I don't know how to explain it (thanks, poor english knowledge D:!). The first time one hears it, is when you're going to the Spear Pillar to stop Cyrus and the rest of the Team Galactic. This song gives me chills because, combined with the solitude on top of that mountain, it makes me realize that I'm about to face a big moment in the game, probably the most important one.

I must also say, I love (from both series) the Vs. Frontier Brain theme. It's so energetic! If I had to chose one version, it would be the HGSS one.

Ok, that's it :D

Years
My fave music in D/P/Pt would have to be Hearthome City (at night) and Twinleaf Town.

As for HG/SS, it would have to be the Japanese-like music of Ecruteak City.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
D/P/Pt had some amazing tunes like Dialga/Palkia's theme.That was amazing,the instruments working in harmony and making a dark,quick-paced song that I found a pleasure to listen to :3.Cynthia's has always been one of my favourite's too,the piano theme before you battle her tough Pokemon was a beautiful sound.The battle theme I found cool and fast as well.

But even that doesn't compare to HG/SS's soundtracks.They consisted of relaxing,intense,beautiful and all sorts of tracks.Honestly there wasn't one track I found boring or irritating they were all amazing for me. My favourite if I had to snag one out,would probably be Lance and Red's theme. I don't know what about it I love but the dramatic music has always been my top favourite.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I hate HG/SS soundtrack. It sounds very cheap, not to mention the actual composition of the tracks themselves being very irritating.

D/P/Pt have one of the more forgettable soundtracks, although highlights include the Creation Trio battle music, GL theme and Route 208. even though it rips off green day.)

Jacka

PokéFan
Years
My Favourite Tune in HG was versing HO-OH for the first time at the top of the tower. The music suited the mood perfectly, in my opinion. (:

Back