• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi On DS Emulator

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
That would be cool...i went out and bought a ds a week ago or so due to the fact emu could not use the wifi.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
cool iv been looking for a way to be able to battle people online :D

Or do i need a laptop to use wifi

It would be cool if its just the internet needed not built in wifi

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2010
Wifi has not yet been perfected.

Actually it has. In early august two coders decided to mess around with the WiFi in desume. They were able to fix the Wifi 100%. Not many people know about this but ya it works and it has been tested numerous times.

I am not intrested in this however because i have a real DS Lite and Wifi so i dont use emulators etc.

Anyway here it is:

Link/Tutorial how to get WiFi : http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_704996&v=LFxYjsGtFVM&feature=iv

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QomGg7v9Ah0

faospark

web Developer
Years
Actually it has. In early august two coders decided to mess around with the WiFi in desume. They were able to fix the Wifi 100%. Not many people know about this but ya it works and it has been tested numerous times.

I am not intrested in this however because i have a real DS Lite and Wifi so i dont use emulators etc.

I disagree, if this was perfected, then desmume would have overshadowed its peers, since you said it yourself that you have a "REAL" DS lite... is like saying that you are 99% NOT sure of what you are saying, yup I agree that Desmume to a certain extent has a wifi capability but to say that it is 100% working is debatable

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I disagree, if this was perfected, then desmume would have overshadowed its peers, since you said it yourself that you have a "REAL" DS lite... is like saying that you are 99% NOT sure of what you are saying
I disagree with this.
Why swim across the ocean if you have a boat?
The whole emulation thing is pretty messy, and unless you have a newer computer, it's rather slow to use ds emulation. So maybe instead of bothering hunting down ROMS, setting up wfc, etc etc. He would rather just use it as intended. IDK. maybe that's just me though.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
My question for this is just, have they gotten a working version so that you could, for example, battle someone who's using a DS Lite and Pokemon (insert version here) ?

Because if battle is possible, then so would be trading.

I know you can already do this using an R4 and Pokemon Peal/Diamond ROM. So to be able to do this with an emu would be great

Years
I never managed to use the wi-fi when it was first announced that desmume got a working but not yet perfect wi-fi, i saw some tutorials but tbh i dont trust vids on youtube has anyone here managed to get it working and could you trade or battle with other users?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I never managed to use the wi-fi when it was first announced that desmume got a working but not yet perfect wi-fi, i saw some tutorials but tbh i dont trust vids on youtube has anyone here managed to get it working and could you trade or battle with other users?
Those video tutorials really works. I got it working.

what i want to know is if you can trade pokemon for your computer to your ds with it lol oh i hope so
Yes, you can if you use GTS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2018
Hey we can battle online but we need to register some Unique Game Code on
Pokemon.com, only then u can battle, trade and Receive Mystry gifts

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Desume i think but now its on the official Page "we dont support WIFI"
so i think Nintendo says anything than i has stopped it? anyone know more?

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
Years
Maybe DraStic emulator for android platform in next version will have wifi - 3/4G multiplayer option?

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys i want to know one thing i use my neighbours wifi for internet can i connect to NINETENDO WFC with it? sorry for my bad english

Back