• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Did you use your Togepi?

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I used it one time around, the other I used Noctowl.
I wanted a female Togepi and at the time hadn't realized that gender was set for the egg. I restarted the game before the egg hatched, hoping that I would eventually get a female. It didn't work. So I used a Noctowl for my flyer instead.
On a different run of the game, my Togepi actually hatched female. I used her on my team throughout the whole game.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
I always wanted to use one but it would always hatch with a crappy nature, and my ocd will not allow me to use a pokemon with a crappy nature, even ingame.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I boxed mine for later use, but I think I transferred him into a Gen 5 game. In Platinum, on the other hand, I trained my other Togepi a lot after the League.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yeah I used it. Togekiss is damn awesome too. With having a cool assortment of moves and stats, its not so bad in competitive battling either. But I never got around teaching it fly. I used a slave for that.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
At first time I played, I didn't use it, I just think it's weak and useless.
But at second time, I tried to use it, and I found that Togepi isn't useless. =)

Years
I didn't use it at all, since mine didn't hatch with the gender or ability I wanted. Getting it to evolve was a hassle too so I just boxed mine. >:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Unfortunately... no. I boxed it when it finally hatched, which made me kinda guilty since Togepi was just a new born pokemon and I boxed it right away without even leveling it up once. That cute face just made me feel guilty :(

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Yes I used it, because Togetic's Metronome saved my ass against Lance

blue

gucci
Years
I could imagine more people would with the introduction of Togekiss in Gen IV but I still haven't really used it on my team. I used Togekiss in Platinum once but not in HGSS...

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Togekiss is cool. Togepi looked cute so I decided it use it. Though it didn't have really good stats Didn't want to say bad It's cuteness did bring me to a point where I decided to use it. Decided to use it in Soulsilver but didn't use it in Diamond and Pearl since I already had a Starly.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Well I must say..
I had trouble training it.
Exp.Share did the trick hehe.
It was pretty useful when it evolved into Togetic and Togekiss in Platinum.Yes.Very useful,since it helped me beat Cynthia's Garchomp with Air Slash.
In HGSS I also trained it but...
I got tired of training it.Togekiss only level 86 now.Lol :P

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have yet to use one in Platinum cause I haven't done a full playthrough of it. But in HeartGold I used it for a bit on my team but then boxed it in my PC sometime after Ecruteak I believe. Though not too long ago I took it out and evolved it into Togetic. Once I find a Shiny Stone , I'll evolve it into Togekiss. I'm thinking of getting a copy of Soulsilver and if I do I'll use it on my team and evolve it into Togekiss. That or try to play it on my emulator again.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I didn't use my Togepi as I already had a flyer that did not require a stone to evolve, which was Zubat. Yes, Zubat. That so-called annoying bat Pokemon. But mind you, its third evolution, Crobat, is simply amazing. *ahem* Anyways, back to my point. Yup, never used Togepi, just boxed it. I did try using it in one of my games (don't remember which) and evolved it to Togetic, but it just got boxed in the end.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I only trained it till Lv.5 because i already had a HootHoot and didn't really think i'd need it.

Back