• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Perfect Memory Challenge!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
This challenge was devised from me trying to make a somewhat difficult challenge, as most of them are, surprisingly enough, easy.

So here it is! Perfect Memory Challenge!

Its what many of you are scared of: Your pokemon are not allowed to forget moves. Ouch.
Rules:

1. No pokemon may ever forget a move. (see rule 3)
  2. If it only has 2 or 3 moves upon capture, you may learn moves via TM or HM to fill up the spots, or by level up.
  3. If a pokemon knows amnesia, it may (after using it, of course) learn another move replacing amnesia (the only move allowed to do this)
  4. If you catch a pokemon with 4 moves, and they suck, you can deposit the pokemon and try to find something with only 3 moves (to teach a TM) or a pokemon with better moves.
  5. HM slaves allowed! But these cannot be used as item fodders, and must be deposited before major battles (gym battles, elite 4, rival battle, etc) unless the Slave is required to get into the gym. At this stage, do NOT use the slave whatsoever in the battle.
  6. Emulator + Speed button are allowed!
Of course i forget what its called...you know the run thats more challenging than the run itself normally? (awesome wording there)

Well here are some uber challenge rules: (pick one, or do both!)

1. Unevolved Run!
  2. No HM's / TM's! (trust me this makes it pretty difficult!)
  3. You can only catch the first 6 pokemon (including HM slaves) and cant catch more. so be careful...
If you do it like this, than you will get the title of Master of Memory! a regular completer will get the title of Forget me nots!

Username: thebowsinator123
Game: Ruby

^Well thats all i need to be honest :D

Participants:
Spoiler:

Forget-Me-Nots:
Spoiler:

Masters of Memory:
Spoiler:

Drop Outs:
Spoiler:

Good Luck everyone! You must update your challenge within a week of your previous update! (Mini-Updates allowed)

Last edited:

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
This looks insanely frustrating. But I have a question regardless. Do we have to stick with the first 6 we catch other than HM slaves, or can we say, catch a replacement pokemon after filling our party?

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Sign me up!

username:pleryt16
Game: Red

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
This looks insanely frustrating. But I have a question regardless. Do we have to stick with the first 6 we catch other than HM slaves, or can we say, catch a replacement pokemon after filling our party?

You can replace. It is kinda hard in case you catch a pokemon, and it knows,

Tackle
Leer
Growl
Defense Curl

or something. But i can make that an optional rule :D

Ok, and plerty16 i signed you up so good luck to you :)

------------------------------------------MY FIRST UPDATE--------------------------------------------------

You can replace. It is kinda hard in case you catch a pokemon, and it knows,

Tackle
Leer
Growl
Defense Curl

or something. But i can make that an optional rule :D

Ok, and plerty16 i signed you up so good luck to you :)

----------------------------------------MY FIRST UPDATE--------------------------------------------------

1) Gets Mudkip!
2) Defeat May
3) Learn Water Gun (YAY)
4) Head to Rustboro, saving some noob devon
5) Catch a Whismur, saving my next update for the first gym. Deposits Whismur.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Sounds Interesting

I may like to join using my Pokemon Diamond or Platinum, but what do you mean when you say only using the first 6 Pokemon. Meaning the ones we see or catch?

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
Sign me up
Game: Emerald
Name: ??? (forgot my name :P)
Rules:

1. No pokemon may ever forget a move. (see rule 3)
  2. If it only has 2 or 3 moves upon capture, you may learn moves via TM or HM to fill up the spots, or by level up.
  3. If a pokemon knows amnesia, it may (after using it, of course) learn another move replacing amnesia (the only move allowed to do this)
  4. If you catch a pokemon with 4 moves, and they suck, you can deposit the pokemon and try to find something with only 3 moves (to teach a TM) or a pokemon with better moves.
  5. HM slaves allowed! But these cannot be used as item fodders, and must be deposited before major battles (gym battles, elite 4, rival battle, etc) unless the Slave is required to get into the gym. At this stage, do NOT use the slave whatsoever in the battle.
  6. Emulator + Speed button are allowed!
  7. Not fully evolved!
  8. No HM's / TM's! (trust me this makes it pretty difficult!)
  9. You can only catch the first 6 pokemon you encounter (including HM slaves) and cant catch more. so be careful.(only exception is if I encounter 6 pokemon and don't have one that can learn surf, then I must change my last captured pokemon)
So, I'll be doing all the uber rules for one hard, really hard challenge!

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Sorry, but I have to drop out... I got to Cerulean City with Clefairy, Ivysaur, and Nidorino but I lost my Red version :( ...

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
emerald.jpg

Pokemon Emerald "Perfect Memory" Challenge
Chapter 1: The beginning
Umm, where am I? Oh, now I remember. I'm in a moving van, driving to my new home with my mother. What's her name? What's my name? What's in those boxes? Are we there yet? I kept asking myself countless questions as if I had amnesia or short term memory loss. After few hours of driving, we finally arrived. After setting the clock in my room, I went to the neighbors to meet them. They are an odd family. I think they're all kind of sick. But anyway, after meeting them, I went out in the wild just to see a grown man running away from a wild Pokemon, how miserable. Helped him with my new kicka** Pokemon. Named my new bud "Cpt.Falcon" (how original of me). The professor asked me to go north and kick his daughter's ass speak to his daughter. We battled and I won even though she had type advantage. After I finished my "hard" quest, I was entrusted with the pokedex and some pokeballs to go on a "once in lifetime" journey. That's how it all began. As I wanted to go outside of Littleroot Town, my Mom gave me Running shoes - dadadadada*Zelda obtaining an item sound*... and suddenly I remembered how to Run! I crossed my fingers in hope I wouldn't encounter any pokemon until I get to Petalburg city. I was lucky, I didn't encounter any pokemon! I went into the gym to see my dad (It's a miracle that he remembers me). Helped Wally to get his first pokemon (lvl 5 Ralts in route 103??? he's cheating!), bought some repels in the pokemart and moved on with my journey. I beat the hell out of a Team Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Woods and I got a Great Ball in exchange. Continued going north and after a long walk I got finally to Rustboro City, where I was going to challenge the first gym leader. But before I challenged Roxanne I had to train a bit. I killed all the trainers northeast and then rushed into the gym. I went in there like a tornado, blowing and beating every trainer in there with my strong Cpt.Falcon including Roxanne the gym leader. After getting out of the gym, I stumbled upon May and I beat her too.

My team:
emespr256.png

Cpt.Falcon Lv. 19
Docile Nature
Blaze
- Scratch
- Growl
- Peck
-
Double Kick

I'll upload the videos of those battles soon! Oh and I have one concern, if I can't teach my pokes a HM, how can I get past the rock smash? xD I'll just use a HM slave for this until you respond me with a solution to this problem.

Last edited:

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I may like to join using my Pokemon Diamond or Platinum, but what do you mean when you say only using the first 6 Pokemon. Meaning the ones we see or catch?

Catch. Catch. :D so if you do it that way try not to catch like a geodude by mistake, and it only knows crappy moves which is the challenge there. Yeah. but ok i signed you and everyone else up

---------------------------

YOU BROKE THE RULES (the guy with the combusken) YOU DELETED A MOVE .-.

So you have to restart your challenge...which is why i dont recoment torchic as a starter for this challenge. lol were you even paying attention? after someone else posts, i'll post my next update :o

Which...is against the rules...so uh...fail?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
one more questions

how many HM slaves can we have?

Zadajo watches TV and is ambushed by rival A.K.A. Mr. Fan (idk)
After being slammed in the face by door, Zadajo decides to follow Mr. Fan into the tall grass
Our hooligan plan is foiled by Professor Rowan, who gives us Pokemon for being stupid and loving Pokemon.
Zadajo chooses Turtwig and Mr. Fan, naturally, chooses Chimchar.
Zadajo crushes Mr. Fan.
Mr. Fan needs a nap, so Zadajo goes home and talks to Mom.
Receives running shoes.
Zadajo and Mr. Fan race to Sandgem Town, after an encounter with Cyrus. Creepy. Both of them.
Mr. Fan slams Zadajo's pretty face again, and runs off. Jerk.
Zadajo receives Pokedex after naming Turtwig: Earthshake.
Zadajo tells Mom about journey and gives Zadajo a journal.
Mr. Fan's mom gives Zadajo Parcel to give to Mr. Fan.

Ok that's my first update. The rest won't be as detailed as it is a waste of time.

Turtwig/Earthshake Male
Level 7 Relaxed Nature
Tackle
Withdraw

Last edited:

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
how many HM slaves can we have?

Zadajo watches TV and is ambushed by rival A.K.A. Mr. Fan (idk)
After being slammed in the face by door, Zadajo decides to follow Mr. Fan into the tall grass
Our hooligan plan is foiled by Professor Rowan, who gives us Pokemon for being stupid and loving Pokemon.
Zadajo chooses Turtwig and Mr. Fan, naturally, chooses Chimchar.
Zadajo crushes Mr. Fan.
Mr. Fan needs a nap, so Zadajo goes home and talks to Mom.
Receives running shoes.
Zadajo and Mr. Fan race to Sandgem Town, after an encounter with Cyrus. Creepy. Both of them.
Mr. Fan slams Zadajo's pretty face again, and runs off. Jerk.
Zadajo receives Pokedex after naming Turtwig: Earthshake.
Zadajo tells Mom about journey and gives Zadajo a journal.
Mr. Fan's mom gives Zadajo Parcel to give to Mr. Fan.

Ok that's my first update. The rest won't be as detailed as it is a waste of time.

Turtwig/Earthshake Male
Level 7 Relaxed Nature
Tackle
Withdraw

As many as you want, it doesn't matter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
MmHmm

Ok thanks... that may help as most Pokemon can only learn 3... I will post updates daily unless unable to...

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Unfortunately...

For some reason my Platinum data was, for some reason, deleted. Bowsinator, I'm afraid I have to drop out... I am very sorry.

Back