• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Dynamic Overworld Palettes

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 30, 2019
It's a great tool but not 100%, I patched for use OWM and edit my protagonist sprite and the Walk/Running sprite is ok, but I use other palette from Surf, VsSeeker and Bike and when I active them they use the same palette from the Walk/Run

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
It's a great tool but not 100%, I patched for use OWM and edit my protagonist sprite and the Walk/Running sprite is ok, but I use other palette from Surf, VsSeeker and Bike and when I active them they use the same palette from the Walk/Run

All the other Protagonist OW like surfing or bicycle should use the same pallet of the main protagonist overworld.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 30, 2019
All the other Protagonist OW like surfing or bicycle should use the same pallet of the main protagonist overworld.

I Note, I neet put the protagonists with a minor quality of sprite (less colors) cause my bike is a Gogoat and it use I think 4 colors with the protagonist don't use. Well, I just remove some red tones of protagonist until can use the same palette of other like the bike

Delta231

A noob
Years
heads up, your modified npcmod.c doesnt compile. Gives a handful of errors as you can see here.
Everything else compiles fine though
Try to insert it. Tell me what happens.

EDIT: Fixed, try now also ignore those warnings.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Try to insert it. Tell me what happens.

EDIT: Fixed, try now also ignore those warnings.

Still cant seem to compile it, I'm getting the same errors and it refused to compile. Do you have an already compiled asm file?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Still cant seem to compile it, I'm getting the same errors and it refused to compile. Do you have an already compiled asm file?

I got my Windows partition corrupted, I am trying to recover it atm.

EDIT: Try again please :p

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
How to make Shiny Quagsire's Blended Day and Night work with this:

Instructions:
Insert Navenatox Pallete Fix.asm to free space
Go to rtc.asm, and at line 436 replace 805FECC with 8(offset you inserted the fix)
then insert Put 00B5 0148 0047 0000 [Reverse Address+1] 0000 10BC at 0x4B0
open npcfilter folder and open command window: then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook.asm, change the offset to where you inserted npcfilter stuff, reversed +1, and insert data at 0x83598
open mapfilter folder, open command window, then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook1.asm, change the offset to where you inserted the second thing, reversed +1, and insert the data at 0x598CC
Also null out the eight bytes from 0x59A28 to 0x59A2F with 00's
and at 0x59A12, put 00 00
and youre done
Ignore the .bin files in the ASM folder, those were my outputs at my offsets.

Attachments

• Wizard-DN-master.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 25, 2020
Is this dead or is an Emerald version still in the works? Is there any way to explain what you need to research or how to do so? How did you make the firered version?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
PSA:

This patch is incompatible with JPAN's hacked engine. HOWEVER, there is another way to add palette slots, and it will let you load dynamically...

EDIT: Found better solution, update link.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
PSA:

This patch is incompatible with JPAN's hacked engine. HOWEVER, the engine provides another way to add palettes, even though you won't be able to load them dynamically...

How is this incompatible with JPAN's hacked engine? I'm using both of and didn't run in any problems as far as I'm aware...

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
So I'm running JPAN's engine and just got devkitpro and python working correctly and inserted this at an all new address and the game locks up at the first screen like this... is there something I'm doing wrong?

NwFAMY.jpg

I used FSF and put it in at F00B20

Last edited:
Years
So I've been using Overworld manager, which automatically sets each new sprite to a new Pallets, my question is: Can I just keep adding pals as long as there is free space on my rom or is there some limit? I know that we can't add more than 16 to an area that's within our sight, but In terms of overall pallets, could someone put like 200 different pallets into the game without having some kind of glitch pop up?

ScizorBlade

Sup Dogg
Years
vAiLKTg.png

I am having this same problem as mentioned by @Sensual
However, devkitARM's binaries are in the path, but still that error shows up...
Is there any fix for that?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Teach me how to apply that patch to my rom I dont how to im just a newbie hehe or create a video or send a firered.gba file that is already patch with Dynamic Overworld Palettes Im a starter so I hope People here will welcome me

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 19, 2021
Is there any way to convert it for the use of French Rom ? Sorry for reviving an old thread...

Do you mind if I convert the system for French Rom ? With your credits.......I'll post it here if I finish it :)

Last edited:
Back