• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ***IMPORTANT*** Game Breaking Glitch in Lumiose City

Years
I heard about this yesterday! My friend saved next to a cab in Lumiose and had to restart her game because it froze and she couldn't fix it. :( Glad I never saved in those bad spots, whew. Thanks for the heads up!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Hope it's patchable. If it isn't, I hope they release a v1.1 and allow people to trade in their glitched copies. Rather disappointing to hear this considering they had a lot of time to betatest the game.

Not buying the game until they fix it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Hope it's patchable. If it isn't, I hope they release a v1.1 and allow people to trade in their glitched copies. Rather disappointing to hear this considering they had a lot of time to betatest the game.

Not buying the game until they fix it.

Don't you think that it is slightly unfair to say that you won't buy it because of this glitch? I can see how bad it is but now that you know about it, you can just avoid it. I really don't see how this can stop you from buying the game...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Don't you think that it is slightly unfair to say that you won't buy it because of this glitch? I can see how bad it is but now that you know about it, you can just avoid it. I really don't see how this can stop you from buying the game...

Why buy a game that will glitch out on you and will require a full restart after you transferred all your best Pokémon from your previous games though. Granted the transfers aren't working until December but personally it's not a risk I'm gonna even think of taking until this glitch is fixed.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Their money, their decision.

What's unfair here is that Game Freak shipped a game with as serious a bug as this. I'm actually amazed this skipped Q&A. I can see why anyone would avoid buying the game (as good as it is) from this.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Why buy a game that will glitch out on you and will require a full restart after you transferred all your best Pokémon from your previous games though. Granted the transfers aren't working until December but personally it's not a risk I'm gonna even think of taking until this glitch is fixed.

Sure, when you don't know about it it becomes a serious problem, but now that you know about it you can just easily avoid it, by not saving in those spots. My point is something like this should not persuade you to not buy the game. Sure, it is a serious problem, that has to be fixed, but now that it has been found there is no need to worry about it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

I think you're underestimating how serious this bug is.

However, I'm speaking for me only. I was always going to wait a little while before buying the game, so I escaped the bug for now and I'll wait to see what happens. There have been revisions of Pokémon games for much less serious stuff than this, so I'm expecting a patch.

I'm also a bit OCD about bugs like this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Sure, when you don't know about it it becomes a serious problem, but now that you know about it you can just easily avoid it, by not saving in those spots. My point is something like this should not persuade you to not buy the game. Sure, it is a serious problem, that has to be fixed, but now that it has been found there is no need to worry about it.

Only thing that worries me about this is the possibility that this glitch may happen in other areas as well, yeah I can avoid saving in a particular town but what about one that may have the glitch without my knowledge.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Thank you for saying this...I've saved in the city many times...but never by a cab...hope GF and Nintendo already know of this and are developing a patch...

Years
From what I read, this glitch only happens if you save outside in certain spots, but you should be fine if you save inside a building.

I might have saved outside there once (or it might have been in Sycamore's lab, I don't remember) and nothing bad happened, though it might not have been that.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Goodness, koffi~

I heard about this today. Thank goodness I was not a victim. Oh well, I've come back from worse though. It's good information to have just in case people think of saving by those taxis, koff~

Years
I'm curious with the glitch. Is it in the north part of Lumoise? Cause I remember when you first get to that city in the south end, I saved once or twice. (Thankfully I don't save all that often because my 3DS is almost always in sleep mode xD) Or is it in the North end? I didn't hear about the glitch until I got to the north end of the city. I've avoided saving in the city for now by flying to other cities.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Oh good, now I have to have a dark cloud of worry over my head when I eventually play X... Hopefully Nintendo will fix it... Does anyone know if it happens on the Australian versions?

Lilikoi Juice

I'm on Youtube!
Years
I pretty much save only in the randomest of places so I think I should be ok. It's good to know though, I'll watch those videos just in case.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You know what I think the problem is? Half the city being locked is causing problems for the save file. Has anyone dared to try saving there later in the game with the entire city unlocked?

This would at least explain the bug getting by QA people; additionally, they already knew where to go and probably didn't stay long knowing there wasn't much to do yet.

I've saved in the Pokémon Center there, but I'll be safe not to save outside. Even though I might be able to recover Torchic.

Also, the cave mentioned in an earlier post (city with Bicycle, second Gym) is Cyllage City. And this is annoying in and of itself; you must use Strength to create a shortcut to your gardens, and you must beat that Gym to create the shortcut, but you must top Lv.25 Pokémon to do it. At the time, I had a single Rock type (a fossil to boot) at Lv.29. I have now had to leave a lot of Pokémon behind in the name of leveling up those "already entitled" and with water moves. Wingull already faced the first trainer and ran into a Sturdy Pokémon and, thus, no OHKO only to then be OHKOed itself. That was infuriating with another Pokémon in the wings for the opponent.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
You know what I think the problem is? Half the city being locked is causing problems for the save file. Has anyone dared to try saving there later in the game with the entire city unlocked?

I have since I was unaware of the glitch at the time. Thank God nothing happened :D Now I'm too scared to even set foot in Lumiose.

Back