• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, just how much do you swear?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
You know, "naughty words". How much do you swear?

Me? Ever hear the term "swear like a sailor"? I swear more than that. Try and imagine that. I swear way too often but am still able to hold my tongue when speaking to someone I should be respecting, though that goes out the window if I'm pissed enough or even mildly aggravated.

I think this thread is fine since there are censors for "naughty words". Unless someone starts bypassing the censor.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Irl I swear about as often as any 16 year old.(Which is pretty often.) When I text close friends I cuss about 5 times more. And when talking to people I dont know or talking to people on the internet I cuss only when its completely necessary.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I won't usually swear, unless I'm like realllly pissed off. It won't just be swearing for the sake of swearing, which I think occurs more often than necessary. x)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I swear a lot...or at least that's what I think. I swear verbally on occasion and I do so constantly when I'm pissed. When typing, I rarely swear, unless I'm mad. If you want an example of my swearing, go check my twitter. :P

I never swear in front of my parents, though. I got used to not swearing with them, idk why. I'm such an angel. lol

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Why in flipping **** are you asking me this? I don't curse unless I'm LIVID, or trying to make a ****ing point.

...okay, livid engines are off. I really don't swear that much unless I'm extremely angry, or emphasizing a certain thing. It's not uncommon for me, really. I'm trying to get better... especially with censoring that stuff xD

Years
Sometimes I swear without realising, I told a customer fml but with real words and got in trouble by my manager. I actually had no idea that I swore at him.
Swearing is just part of culture where I am, if someone really important is around or rich people I try my best to not swear but it just falls out sometimes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Usually only when I'm angry. When I'm not I try to use other alternatives because GASP they do exist still.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't really swear, but when I do, I'm really angry.

Years
Quite a bit, especially when talking to a close friend - don't really mean what we say, it's just our way of bonding :)

But when in public... it doesn't really change, I probably should hold my tongue when around kids and that but sometimes it just comes out without my knowing :/

And don't even get me started on when I'm s*** faced :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't swear that often, and I've been brought up not to swear; but occasionally I do out of frustration or anger. I prefer not to though.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I only swear if I mess up in a Video game or If someone has upset my day.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Even at my angriest I don't swear, I just take in a deep breath of fresh air, and just listen to music. No reason to be angry at others if something they said or did offended me.

I only time I swear is if the 'swearing' is part of the lyrics of a song, or movie/tv show.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
When we talk online, I can hardly even recall a time where I've sworn just over the past year, but it's also easier to control when you can read what you're typing before sending it out to everyone. IRL, it's a bit harder to control, but I still don't really swear much. When I'm upset about something, I tend to throw out a swear or two, but it's still not that often.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I do happen to swear quite a bit and I can see how it might compromise one's professional appearance so I am working to curb that.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Four words for ya. Never. Sworn. In. My. Life. @%$#^ thats five. Nah, anyway, the only time I ever said any swearword was when I was talking to my little cousin in my "baby voice" and said sit. Only it didnt sound like sit. But, as for that, nope.

Years
I swear around friends a fair amount. Also, when I'm angry I'll silently swear under my breath.

I have an extremely good filter, however, so it's easy for me not to swear around family/little kids/whoever I don't feel comfortable swearing around.

Also, I used to swear a lot when I was a little kid, as my father would swear at the cats to stop being annoying and stuff, so I picked it up. But, after my conservative neighbors got mad at me/sent me home for swearing (I was friends with their kids) I went into an anti-swear mode up until middle school. Yay!

Back