• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Even if the heads are fused it wouldn't look very appealing at all imo. :( I never liked Magnezone, so if it's like that then yeah...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Yeah, a Dugtrio evolution would be awkward. u__u I remember someone saying somewhere that the heads could be fused though, kind of like Magneton combining into Magnezone?

That was me.

As for the Octillery evo, remind me what's its total base stat is before I could approve it getting an evolution.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
That was me.

As for the Octillery evo, remind me what's its total base stat is before I could approve it getting an evolution.

300 -> 480

But there are some pokemon showing its not impossible:
Electabuzz
360 -> 490 -> 540
Magmar
365 -> 495 -> 540
Rhydon
345-> 485 -> 535

Scyther (500->500) and Porygon2 (395->515->535) are even more extreme, but I regard them to be special cases and not good examples.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
How about a Final trubish evolution? It could be based on one of those giant metal trash cans...it could be Poison/Steel.

If Garbodor gets an evolution, then you might as well have to give Weezing and Muk an evolution too, for they represent a trio of pollution (air, land, and water). However, both Muk and Weezing are already decent Pokemon and have base stats higher than 465, so there's no need for them to have one. Garbodor would've been decent as well if its offenses were higher on either Attack or SpA (it's got some really useful moves like Drain Punch thanks to BW2).

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Steel/poison?
I don't think this is gonna get real.
U knw, imo, steel/poison is just like a water/fire type pkmn which is nvr possible..

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Steel/Poison would be a weird typing, as you wouldn't really imagine something metal having any sort of poisonous attributes. I guess something like a steel best being eroded by acid or something would be cool?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Steel/Poison would be a weird typing, as you wouldn't really imagine something metal having any sort of poisonous attributes. I guess something like a steel best being eroded by acid or something would be cool?

Some metals on the periodic table are poisonous though. Like Mercury. Its not entirely out of the question.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Some metals on the periodic table are poisonous though. Like Mercury. Its not entirely out of the question.

That is true, wasn't even thinking from that angle actually! So I suppose it's not too far out of the realm of reality, so who knows.

As far another evolution that I'd personally just like to see (for no real reason other than that I love the evolutionary line), I'd love to see an Altaria evolution. I have no idea what it'd even look like after evolving, but it'd still be cute I'd imagine =P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe an Altaria middle evolution instead? I mean it goes from this cute bird thing to this gigantic dragon thing and if they go any further in the evolution line they might destroy it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really even see Altaria as much of a Dragon though. It still just looks like a giant cloud puffball to me =P Maybe giving it a final stage evolution to something that has some sort of dragon qualities to it would be nicer to me. A middle stage evolution would just be awkward to throw in. I mean how would Swablu evolve into Altaria...and then just stop and evolve to something different that THEN evolves into Altaria? Just seems weird to me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe an Altaria middle evolution instead? I mean it goes from this cute bird thing to this gigantic dragon thing and if they go any further in the evolution line they might destroy it.
the chances of that happening are the same as the chances that Luvdisc and Alomomola are related by evolution and will gain a middle evolution to connect them...0 percent.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Any idea if Magcargo is more likely to obtain an evolution? The snail hasn't really gotten a lot of love even with Shell Smash. The only is that there needs to be another animal from the same family as snails and slug that's more detailed than a normal snail irl.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe Marcargo could become pure rock...I know most pokémon don't lose a type especially their first type but it's possible...like the magma completely hardens.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Some pkmns aren't made to be loved in any way. What about furret? Anyone remember that sexy normal type pikachu?

Also wt i know about slugma is that it should evolve into heatran..:-P they both look alike..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Some pkmns aren't made to be loved in any way. What about furret? Anyone remember that sexy normal type pikachu?

Also wt i know about slugma is that it should evolve into heatran..:-P they both look alike..

Furret is a Raticate clone...not a Pikachu one owo;;

Its used fairly often by a lot of my friends over the other clones minus Bidoof for slaving sake. Though I do sorta agree, that they are designed in certain ways on purpose.

Back