• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

This place is more or less the only place on PC I still frequent. :B I need to find more places to post in... or I'll never be able to earn my blog~

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years

There are still lots of other places you can post in such as in Chit Chat and Polls and Discussion and Debates, GE, The Welcome Lounge... and etc.

Also, Dragon Ball was cool back in the day, sorta miss it but meh, don't like when main characters stay as kids through out the whole series...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
But I always feel like I have nothing (smart) to add to conversations. :B Or nothing new to the thread, so I don't post at all.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I just say read the manga, no filler and a lot less screaming (then again, no Bruce Faulcunor music and less family moments and AWESOME DRIVING FILLER). Toei can be a mess sometimes. *Looks at GT*

Having said that, I do like DB more than DBZ regardless of the medium. Z had the better story and more complex concepts, of DB had a much more welcoming atmosphere and better characters...or rather, its emphasis on characters was better. I wish they would have remade the series the same way HunterXHunter 2011 did, but instead they made Kai *sigh*

Well, I still have Dragon Ball Multiverse.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I think any Shonen fan should watch DB/Z since they were basically the framework for Shonen media henceforth (Dragon Ball presenting the Adventure side while Z represented the fighting side), without feeling too old or dated in the process. The unique thing about them is that while they can be said to be responsible for many of the cliches that exist in Shonen today, they aren't directly responsible, and you will find that many of the aforementioned cliches were born from the generation of anime/manga that DB/Z influenced. And, on the pro-side, it ended up influencing and creating many of the nuances and conventions in not just Shonen, but anime as a whole (and really media as a whole). It's interesting to think about where anime would be without it (and how anime would be seen in the West). So, even if you don't like it, it still manages to be a revolutionary piece of work.

Having said that, if it weren't for Toei, there wouldn't be nearly as much filler in the industry, so take that as you will :/

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Is Miyazaki = Studio Ghibli? I mean, is he the one who's in charge? Because honestly, I've heard TONS of good stuff about SG. :O

Also, no One Piece this week. Probably not in the next week either. Oda's apparently sick. ;___; Get well soon, man. Our well wishes are with you! I was hoping for some entertainment from naruto this week and that I got, I guess. I couldn't take the chapter seriously and sasuke's "I wanna b da hokagayy!!!" just craps on past few hundred chapters of him being built up as an antagonist but I'm not gonna lie, the whole thing was entertaining.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Studio Ghibli does have a lot of good non-Miyazaki movies. I'm not sure if he's in charge, exactly, but he does head many of the projects. But then there's Takahata, who made Pom Poko and Grave of the Fireflies, and Kondo, rest his soul, who made Whisper of the Heart, which is definitely one of my personal favorite and most inspirational Ghibli movies.

On the subject of Naruto, given that change (which I didn't know about until just now), did his personality change as well? Sasuke's, I mean.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

He's still Mr. I don't give a crap, if that makes any sense. And he still seems to be angry, but I think he's redirected that from killkillkillkilleverything to you shall all fear me and do as I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back