• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
School... it reminded me of the school which will be starting 1.25 days to go and after a week, monthly exams comes!
Well, study hard and get good grades on your exams + don't be worried of your hack because when you are worried, it will ruin your grades!
Anyways GL!

wNtR Azazel

I need scissors! Sixty-one!
Years
Your hack is looking great!!! Can't wait to play beta 2...

Yea, school can be a pain (I study at a specialized school), but if you put your mind on other things, it'll ruin your grades, so don't worry about your hack

Anyways, good luck on your tests.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
21ook2b.jpg

Okay, so this week's my final exams, though it's Monday, I got no classes, so I'm gonna be busy with my projects for a while.

Also, I was biten by a dog last Saturday so I got 5 day schedule for anti-rabies... :\
I hate needles...

But last week, I managed to loop a new music, but I haven't inserted it in LoG yet. Hm... Maybe later.

I am a bit confident though 'cause I got high grades during my Preliminary, MidTerm and Semi-Final exams, which, even if I fail in the finals, I can still pass my second year.
But to show my parents a failing grades' a bit embarrassing though... :P

That would be all~

---oOo---​

School?
You too?
It's a pain for us, hackers...
Well, I wish you best of luck both on school and LoG!

jah~
thanks~

School isn't much of a pain for me.
If you know my age, you probably know that I'm only a 6 grader.

Anyways, good luck on your Exams and LoG!

thanks~

Don't worry, djg! :3
Finals could be really annoying. ><

Knowing how smart you are, you'll definitely pass!
But anyways, good luck on your finals~

smart? doubt it. :\
thanks~

Well, I'm new, so I don't really know much, but this is awesome!

I'll be on the computer for days...

But one problem, when I battle, it only shows half of my squirtle's health bar.

probably a bad patching or ROM incompatibility...
could you show a screeny?

Hey.
Cool updates.
I was wondering if you were going to switch to the new DayAndNight tool that has 4 stages of the day made by Hacklars and Andryandrew or if you were going to stay with MM_X's? It doesn't matter that much though.

Also, about the faceplate stuff... You use the 25 pokemon slots for them right? And about them taking too much space... you could always expand to 32mb.

well, I used MX's D&N tool so I guess I'm gonna stick to that.
And I don't know how to remove the D&N ASM in LoG... :\
And no, I am not using the extra 25 slots. I am using the Kanto PKMN ones.
Also, if I expand the ROM, then I can't make a patch for you to download. o.O
Knowing that a regular Ruby ROM's only 16 mb, you'll have to expand it in order to patch it, and I don't wanna receive so many posts like...
"Hey! I patched it on a Ruby ROm, why won't it work!?" or something related to that. :P
Then again, I could be wrong though... :\

Great updates djg :) I feel that beta 2 will be soon :)

maybe~
I still need to script the last event in Chapter 3.
And I also need to fix the trainers in Garden Field, the speeches of the people in Rainbow City, Boulder City and Garden Town.

School is annoying...
You spent too much time at school these days
:p

Meh, the truth of life... xD

I've been waiting for this ever since the final release of PRD:RR and I haven't returned since then. Well, anyway, good luck~

Thanks and welcome back, then~

School>Hacking

Your grades in School depends on what job you get in the future...

I have good grades, and I am dreaming of being a Doctor in the future...

Anyways, wish you good luck in Tests/Exams, DJG!!

thanks~

School... it reminded me of the school which will be starting 1.25 days to go and after a week, monthly exams comes!
Well, study hard and get good grades on your exams + don't be worried of your hack because when you are worried, it will ruin your grades!
Anyways GL!

thank you~

Your hack is looking great!!! Can't wait to play beta 2...

Yea, school can be a pain (I study at a specialized school), but if you put your mind on other things, it'll ruin your grades, so don't worry about your hack

Anyways, good luck on your tests.

jah, you are right. :P
thanks~

---oOo---​

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016

well, I used MX's D&N tool so I guess I'm gonna stick to that.
And I don't know how to remove the D&N ASM in LoG... :\
And no, I am not using the extra 25 slots. I am using the Kanto PKMN ones.
Also, if I expand the ROM, then I can't make a patch for you to download. o.O
Knowing that a regular Ruby ROM's only 16 mb, you'll have to expand it in order to patch it, and I don't wanna receive so many posts like...
"Hey! I patched it on a Ruby ROm, why won't it work!?" or something related to that. :P
Then again, I could be wrong though... :\

Use UPS to patch. Have you ever played Rijon Adventures? Haraken expanded FireRed and then made a patch using UPS. It's just like .IPS but... .UPS? Lol well actually it's a different patching tool and it supports expanding to 32mb (not sure if IPS does). Thus you don't have to expand it before patching because when you patch it, it automatically expands. At least that's what happened when I patched Rijon Adventures.
There's a downside, though, as most tools DON'T support 32mb games.

I don't think you should have that many problems with space though, as Ruby has the MOST space out of all the other games.

Anyways, GL on your game.

Last edited:

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
too bad for your bite (that's why i don't like dogs that much) hope you can get through that withought being too bothered.

i can't wait for the next realse though.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
21ook2b.jpg

Yesterday, I was bored during our exams so I decided to make something for LoG.
It's a guide for all you players of LoG.
Though it isn't finished yet, I'll just show you a preview of what it looks like.

4l0ppx.jpg

It will have a walkthrough, PKMN lists, map shots, and other things that I can think of about LoG.
It's still in it's beta stage, though.

Anyways, today was suppose to be the last day of my exams and the last day of the school year but exams this day was canceled. >:O
My programming and english exams were moved this Saturday and my networking exam was moved next Monday! :(
aw well... more time to study, then...

---oOo---​

Use UPS to patch. Have you ever played Rijon Adventures? Haraken expanded FireRed and then made a patch using UPS. It's just like .IPS but... .UPS? Lol well actually it's a different patching tool and it supports expanding to 32mb (not sure if IPS does). Thus you don't have to expand it before patching because when you patch it, it automatically expands. At least that's what happened when I patched Rijon Adventures.
There's a downside, though, as most tools DON'T support 32mb games.

I don't think you should have that many problems with space though, as Ruby has the MOST space out of all the other games.

Anyways, GL on your game.

yah, I guess. well, thanks for the info, though. :)

too bad for your bite (that's why i don't like dogs that much) hope you can get through that withought being too bothered.

i can't wait for the next realse though.

meh... :\

So DJG how's school and most important: How's the hack life?

school's fine. life sucks, at least, for now... :\

---oOo---​

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I know what your going through with school kind of. I have a huge term paper due soon that's half my term grade but I haven't started it. And with the dog bite theme I got bit by one of my lizards and never got a shot. Bad idea but I just never did. Anyways good luck I can't wait for it to finish.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
EXAMS ON A SATURDAY!!!
What has this world come to!
*Kills self*
*Revives somehow*
?
*cough* Just to be on topic. That thingy for LoG is gonna be useful.

BTW I'm in school now so I know it is important...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
My programming and english exams were moved this Saturday and my networking exam was moved next Monday! :(
aw well... more time to study, then...

W-what!? Exams on Saturday? Ugh... I am going to die
if I was in your school...

Anyways, that "thing" will be really useful for noobs who doesn't know a
thing that is called "read".

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Finished Beta1, finally :)

It was nice. I found the new BGMs very interesting (why do I think I've heard the one in Mineral Cave somewhere else? :P), most of them sounded good. Maybe the only complains are that the first town has a very loud bass (or maybe, try a different instrument for the bass), and that the trainer battle BGM seems to lack some percussion to give it a better mood. But, it's always good to hear different music on a rom hack.

About the game's story. I'm still a bit upset at how fast we get our starter. Pick a starter and that's it? I wish we could see something more before actually ending up in a cave, walking a step down and getting our Pokemon.
But, that's the only thing that I didnt like much (I understand that you didnt want us to capture another Pokemon till the Academy, maybe that's a bit hard, but, I guess it's ok. I just wanted a bit more of variety early, but... meh), the events were interesting and it's good to see many rivals to beat :)

Visually speaking, the game's fine. A mix of FR and Ruby and some add-ons seems to be the way to go.

And that's it for my review on B1. I hope to see a lot of cool stuff for the next release. Good luck on the hack and your life, DJ! :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2iae83s.jpg

Okay pipz, this Monday's the last day of the school year and of exams.
And after that, vacation starts and then I can finally have some time to hack. :)
This Monday's also the schedule for me to take 2 more shots for anti-rabies... :\

I was bored today so I decided to hack, and I finished 2 minor scripts and I looped 2 new musics; one for a dungeon and the other to replace Guardia Town's music.
Though I haven't inserted both musics in the game yet...

Anyways, I am still fixing Garden Field and Garden Town, and I just wanna show you 2 screenies inside one of the houses in Garden Town.

6z4ld0.jpg
25fksgk.jpg

I haven't created a sidestory for Team Go-Getters yet, though...

Also, the tool I showed you is going fine as well.
Here's a screeny...

14nn5oj.jpg

I made it bigger than the last time I showed you a preview.

That would be all for now, I guess...
Thanks~

---oOo---​

I know what your going through with school kind of. I have a huge term paper due soon that's half my term grade but I haven't started it. And with the dog bite theme I got bit by one of my lizards and never got a shot. Bad idea but I just never did.Anyways good luck I can't wait for it to finish.

Ouch... Good luck with that...
Thanks~

EXAMS ON A SATURDAY!!!
What has this world come to!
*Kills self*
*Revives somehow*
?
*cough* Just to be on topic. That thingy for LoG is gonna be useful.

BTW I'm in school now so I know it is important...

Eheheh...
Well, thanks~

W-what!? Exams on Saturday? Ugh... I am going to die
if I was in your school...

Anyways, that "thing" will be really useful for noobs who doesn't know a
thing that is called "read".

hahah... :P
And yeah, it will be, I guess...
But it will also contain big spoilers.

Hmm..
That's a nice feature.
The titlescreen is there just for showoff, right?

Thanks...
And for showoff? not really... :\

Can't wait for beta 2 and the tool to come out .
O and DJG hope you don't have any virus .(Stupid dog )

It will be soon, since tomorrow's the final day for this school year. :D
and yeah, I hope I don't have viruses... :\

Finished Beta1, finally :)

It was nice. I found the new BGMs very interesting (why do I think I've heard the one in Mineral Cave somewhere else? :P), most of them sounded good. Maybe the only complains are that the first town has a very loud bass (or maybe, try a different instrument for the bass), and that the trainer battle BGM seems to lack some percussion to give it a better mood. But, it's always good to hear different music on a rom hack.

About the game's story. I'm still a bit upset at how fast we get our starter. Pick a starter and that's it? I wish we could see something more before actually ending up in a cave, walking a step down and getting our Pokemon.
But, that's the only thing that I didnt like much (I understand that you didnt want us to capture another Pokemon till the Academy, maybe that's a bit hard, but, I guess it's ok. I just wanted a bit more of variety early, but... meh), the events were interesting and it's good to see many rivals to beat :)

Visually speaking, the game's fine. A mix of FR and Ruby and some add-ons seems to be the way to go.

And that's it for my review on B1. I hope to see a lot of cool stuff for the next release. Good luck on the hack and your life, DJ! :)

Thanks.
The Mineral Cave's music was from Chrono Cross. :P
Yeah well, I was still a newbie in music editing then... I already have a music to replace it. Hopefully, it'll be better.
Oh, sorry about the starter, but yeah, that's what I decided to have.
Thanks, and the rivals are growing though... I have rivals in the story who won't be appearing 'till the next beta.., at least, some of them, and some will be for the next beta.

Thanks, zel~

Very nice hack. Cant wait.

Thank you~

---oOo---​

Years
Loving the new screenshots. Just, you should fix "onced" to "once". It's a common typo in your hacks, I've noticed...
Other than that, best of luck with the rest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back