• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokémon Trial Black (Pokémon Black Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
scaled.php

Pokémon Trial Black

I am Spanish, so sorry if my English isn't very good.

Introduction:

Well, this is a hack I've been doing along with my sister. It's our very first hack. We are noobs at hacking, so there are many things we don't know how to do yet. I am just using tools that are easy to use. I would greatly appreciate some help in a few things I'll say later... This hack is supposed to be a challenge. I hope you enjoy it... Ok, here it goes!

Hack of: Pokémon Black (To apply the patch, you must have a clean USA Pokémon Black Rom. To get it, use google.)

Features:

- EVERY Pokémon has had its stat distribution changed, in order to make them more competitive and stronger.
- Many Pokémon have new abilities, some are from the Dream World, others are ones that we think suit them, or just make them more competitive, like Forretress with Heatproof, Girafarig with Adaptability, or Raikou with Flare Boost.
- The game is much harder than the originals. The level curve has been increased.
- Trainers, including Gym Leaders, will use different Pokémon. Important trainers are much harder than ordinary ones.
- Wild Pokémon have been edited as well. All 649 will be available.
- New starters! (Treecko, Chimchar and Totodile).
- There are no trade evolutions. Some Pokémon have also had their evolution level changed because they appear early in the game (Pawniard, Rufflet, Axew, Deino...)
- Some type changes here and there. As I said before, some in my opinion they suit them, or some to make the Pokémon better, such as Sudowoodo being Grass/Rock (I know it hates water, but Grass eliminates some of its weaknesses, and gives him STAB Wood Hammer), or Banette being Normal/Ghost (Eliminating its weakness to Ghost-type moves). There are more (Masquerain- Water/Bug (with the ability Levitate), Seviper- Poison/Dark, Zangoose- Normal/Fighting, Porygon-Z- Normal/Electric...)
- Some moves have been changed to make them more useful.
- Some item location edited, but this is difficult, and I fon't know how to change the number of items you get... In Beta2, this is untouched, but some items will be changed in the final releas

- Some features we would like to add:

- Edit movesets. This is being done, but it's long, as I want to edit almost every Pokémon moveset.

- Bugs:

- Some rangers don't give berries... I read this happened due to using neltazero's Trainer editor... Don't know if it's fixable...
- The images of the starters are Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Just choose the correct typing to get Treecko (Snivy), Chimchar (Tepig) or Totodile (Oshawott).
- The in-game text refers to the starters as if they were Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott. Don't know how to edit this.
- There can be more. If you find one, tell me.

- Screenshots:

Spoiler:

- Credits:

- My sister and I, because we've done everything.
- neltazero, for his Trainer editor, and Wild Pokémon editor.
- KazoWar, for his Trainer editor.
- TwistedFatal, for all his tools.
- OxNite, for his move editing tool.
- Drayano and The Grubby Pup, because their hacks are amazing and inspire me a lot. They made me believe doing a good difficulty and varied hack is possible with great effort, so I have to thank them a lot.

- Downloads:

The new Beta2 goes up to Chargestone Cave. You can fully explore it, meaning that the Beta ends after you beat N in Chargestone Cave. Documentation with Pokémon changes, Wild Pokémon changes and that type of things will be available as soon as possible.

Sendspace Beta 1
4shared Beta1

Sendspace Beta2
4shared Beta2

We are open to all type of suggestions. Even if you want us to change a trainer roster, or want to suggest an ability or something that can make the Pokémon better, just tell me, and we'll see if it's better than what there is. Also, if you want a team of Pokémon you like to be included, just tell me the roster, and if I like it I'll add it to one of the post-Pokémon League trainers.

Support us!
scaled.php

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285187"][IMG]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg826/scaled.php?server=826&filename=userbarpokmontrialblack.png&res=landing[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

sethiey

Probably editing a video
Years
Looks good, people like you who hack B/W amaze me! Keep up the great work and ill check out the finished project for sure!

~Seth

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Hm... Any reason you gave Pidgey Adaptability? I'm just curious, seems like a random placement to me.

Years
Good luck on this :) Hope it gets more views

Looks good, people like you who hack B/W amaze me! Keep up the great work and ill check out the finished project for sure!

~Seth

Thanks for the support! I'll do my best to get a challenging game you all can enjoy.

Hm... Any reason you gave Pidgey Adaptability? I'm just curious, seems like a random placement to me.

I gave the Pidgey's line Adaptability because I wanted them to be stronger, because it makes them better... You know, Pidgeot's normal abilities suck (Big Pecks, Keen Eye and Tangled Feet), so I gave it something different to make it stronger, there is no other reason.

Ok, I've finished Nimbasa City trainers (well, not all the dome ones have been touched yet, I have only edited the ones you can battle when you first get to Nimbasa.) Now I am editing Cheren's battle in Route 5. Wild Pokémon have been edited up to Route 6, as well. I am also elaborating movesets for some Pokémon. I hope to release a new Beta (1.2) this week, but I won't be able to implement moveset editing, not all, but there will be a few changes.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Good luck in finishing this hack=3 only one question: why 648 pokemon not 649?=3

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
i am NOT gaining ANY exp! i have tried with a BUNCH of different SD cards, and all of them have the same result: no EXP. The game doesn't work with YS Menu, and on Acekard RPG it gives no EXP. do you know why? it's driving me CRAZY!

Years
i am NOT gaining ANY exp! i have tried with a BUNCH of different SD cards, and all of them have the same result: no EXP. The game doesn't work with YS Menu, and on Acekard RPG it gives no EXP. do you know why? it's driving me CRAZY!

The game gives me experience in m3iZero, and in Desmume. In YSmenu it does not work, that I know, but there I can't do anything. The game doesn't have the patch that makes it give experience, I thought that the latest Flash Card updates solved this without needing to patch the Rom. Try patching the game with the Exp patch. If it does not work, I'll try to apply it for the next update.

Years
Ok, I am posting to say that soon there will be a new update! It will go up to the Driftveil Gym, meaning you can do everything up to the entrance of Chargestone Cave, and a few more things have been edited as well, for example, the first leaders won't use the monkeys (I don't like them, sorry for those who do), but a different not fully evolved Pokémon. I have to edit a few things, and when I have them, I'll post the new version here. Sorry if this is running slowly, as I am writing the moveset edits I'd like to implement in the game in a text document, and after I have them, I'll put them in the game, but 649 Pokémon means that is slow (now I am in Clefairy's line: #35...)

Also, If someone tries or has tried the game, please, tell me if the levels are right or not, or if it is too easy or too difficult in some parts. I need information, as it is my very first hack, and I don't know if I am doing things properly...

There is something else. When I finish this, I plan to release a White version of the hack. It will have different starters (Cyndaquil, Mudkip, and Turtwig), and a few changes.

Last edited:
Years
Ok, double posting to say that a new update is available in the main post. There's good news, the beta doesn't finish after you beat Clay, now you can fully explore Chargestone Cave, meaning that the Beta ends after you beat N in it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2017
Hey there! The hack looks quite attractive! It's a great pleasure to see a hack with these type changes, ability changes, move changes, etc.
A request - why don't you edit splash and make it a nightmare for opponents and take all players by surprise on seeing its power!
Azurill family, Castform and other single family pokemon, *JOHTO POKEMON* - I advise you to heavily edit them. All those early encounters need power. And Steel and Dark types need more attacks. Maybe make leer useless for them? idk.
Sorry, but Banette being normal type doesn't sound good, however useful it might be. I only mean cosmetically, so if you change Banette's color...
Otherwise, I am looking forward to the hack. And a brother and sister making the hack together? Believe me, it will be a huge success.

PS. I'm telling this without playing it actually. I badly want to try it and post again critically praising the hack.
And sorry - when I start typing, I go on forever. So sorry...

Years
Hey there! The hack looks quite attractive! It's a great pleasure to see a hack with these type changes, ability changes, move changes, etc.
A request - why don't you edit splash and make it a nightmare for opponents and take all players by surprise on seeing its power!
Azurill family, Castform and other single family pokemon, JOHTO POKEMON - I advise you to heavily edit them. All those early encounters need power. And Steel and Dark types need more attacks. Maybe make leer useless for them idk.
Sorry, but Banette being normal type doesn't sound good, however useful it might be. I only mean cosmetically, so if you change Banette's color...
Otherwise, I am looking forward to the hack. And a brother and sister making the hack together Believe me, it will be a huge success.

PS. I'm telling this without playing it actually. I badly want to try it and post again critically praising the hack.
And sorry - when I start typing, I go on forever. So sorry...

Hey, thanks for posting. You know, I've made those Pokémon you mention quite stronger, in this game there are not Pokémon that are horribly outclassed by others.

The progress is slow because thinking of movesets for more than 600 Pokémon is slow, but I am still working on this (now it's hard because I have university exams, but I'll work on this in summer a lot, I'll even try finishing it).

About Castform, it has 80 in everything, except for Speed (100) and Sp. Attack (110). It has improved quite a bit.

The Marill line now has usable Special Attack, but Azumarill's selling point is Huge Power, and it is great as it is, well, now, it's Attack is even higher, it has 60 base Attack, which means that with Huge Power, its attacks hurt a lot.

About Johto Pokémon, Snubbull is now quite good, I advise you to train it because it appears in the first Route. Girafarig with Adaptability packs a punch too. Dunsparce and Delibird are far from useless, Mantine has even better Sp. Defense, and nice Sp. Attack as well, Shuckle has a nice HP stat to back up its amazing Defenses, as a Rock/Grass Pokémon with Head Rock, Sudowoodo's Wood Hammer is amazing. Noctowl is now Psychic/Flying, and it's Special Attack and Speed are quite improved. IDK, I've improved many Pokémon, not just Johto ones, but you can see that Johto Pokémon are good.

And about Splash and Banette, I won't be changing sprites, sorry... And Splash will stay as it is now.

You should try the game and see if you like it. I really need people to play it because I want to know people's opinions.

Last edited:
Years
forretress with heatproof

Forretress is already pretty competitive and giving it no weaknesses might mess things up

Heatproof doesn't make Forretress have no weaknesses. It just makes its x4 weakness to Fire a x2 weakness. Its Special Defense is still exploitable, so I don't think it's broken,

DudeToMan

The Dude.
Years
This seems like a pretty cool challenge! And about Forretress getting Heatproof, it doesn't make it invincible, it can't really do a lot of damage to the opponent if you're immune to toxic.

Years
Ok, wanted to mention that this isn't by any means dead, I've been working on the movesets, and the progress is slow, but the hack will be finished. Every Pokémon will be having a unique moveset, except for maybe a few, the next release will be changed a lot, with many Wild Pokémon locations changed, many rosters changed, and some item location as well. I hope to release the final patch in the next release, it won't be soon, but be sure to know this hack will be finished, and a I am thinking things calmly, so that the hack has good quality when coming out. Thanks for reading, and if you have any suggestions, let me know. Of course, you can try the actual version and tell me about it (it's too hard, too easy, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back