• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting!

Crux

Evermore
Years
Do you know any martial arts?

Which styles, if so?

Which ones do you want to learn if any?

Have you ever taken part in a tournament?

And other martial arts related questions!

Years
I spent a couple months taking aikido classes a while back. I can't really remember why I started, but it was probably something to do with the 'softer' nature of that martial art. It's a lot of throwing and rolling and much more self-defense oriented than the punching and kicking you get in other martial arts.

I don't remember any of it now and I don't have plans to go back and try again.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Started Karate when I was 5
Started judo at 10
Started Mixed Martial Arts at 14
Started Muay-Thai at 15

I could say I'm pretty experienced in different forms of martial arts since I'm teaching 12-14 years old :)

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
1.5 years of aikido. (I dont remember much anymore)
And now Taekwondo 2 times a week. (ive been doing this for about half a year etc)

When this doesnt interest me anymore ill find something else. I dunno... Maybe I should start looking something that would suit me personally. :'D

Years
I took some tang soo do classes during my middle school years, back when I was all "omg karate yeeeah". Stayed in them for a few years, not sure why I stopped. I'm thinking it had to do with my parents not being willing to pay for more classes (and I might have been losing interest by then as well).

Took a karate class as a PE class in college, not sure what style it was. Might have been taekwondo. I just know I took that since I needed the credit and I was interested in trying out martial arts again. ><

That's basically it. Sadly, I don't remember much of what I learned at all. :(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I don't know any currently, but I want to learn aikido. I am not a violent person and I feel that the style greatly reflects my intentions. Unlike some people... I have no desire to pummel some guys face to a bloody pulp. Violence is a tool of the weak--the strong need raise but a finger to send their enemies away.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I did Karate when I was younger because I obsessed with the Movie Karate Kid( the old one not one with Jackie Chan). I quit it when I after about 2 years.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I really don't see a use for martial arts. I don't think it's all that interesting. 3:

I've never learned it, but watching it is boring and I even fought my brother who learned karate and I still won just by blocking him and pushing with my hands. Not that hard.

I agree with you, I too don't see the use of it however I do find it interesting, but only in movies.

I have a friend who practiced a martial art (I forgot what it was) I manage to beat him by grabbing him and throwing him to the ground. There's also this bully in school who was showing off his "skills" he later tried to take my pen for whatever reason...then I stabbed him in the hand with the pen. Basically martial arts don't really do anything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I stopped karate when I was like 14. I was a black/red belt.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I've done Taekwondo for two years. Currently green-blue belt. Went to two tournaments, highest rank being 3rd at my first one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I took tae kwon do lessons for 6 years. I stopped at some point after that, but I think I remember some of my moves.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've never taken any karate or martial arts classes cause I never had interest in them as child plus I'm not really psychically fit for these kind of things. I still really don't , but I can see a use for them in way. Really good for protection. I've known many people who have been in martial arts classes and it does seem like a neat art.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I haven't took any classes regarding martial arts, but from young, I've always been interested in it. Especially Wu Shu (or you guys call it traditional Chinese martial arts) However, I just didn't had the courage to learn when I was young. Damn, now it feels awkward for a 15 year old kid to join a class full of kids. And I am Chinese.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
never took any classes. i was going take some classes a few years ago but something came up ..and i didn't take them..

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yes, I did one year of Karate but stopped since i lost my interest in it and became more attached to sports. Oh yeah and i love wrestling.

Back