• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
So I managed to scurry my way through relic castle to volcarona.
It took one crit aqua jet from carracosta to hit it to 3% hp. Then about 16 turns later, a timer ball caught it. And when I check it in my PC, it's timid. So I may use it in my party. :D

Wow, that's amazing! I never get that lucky with natures (Mine will probably be adamant or something). You should definitely use it if you are willing to give up Chandelure.

Well, I challenged the 6th gym and murdered Skyla's team with this team:

Scrafty Lv47
Excadrill Lv46
Chandelure Lv46
Reuniclus Lv47

Next up on my team to get is Jellicent. I have some training to do for the Ice gym now. I'm loving my Chandelure too. It's going to be a good team member until I get Volcarona to replace it which will take a long time!

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Finally got myself a Lucario, evolving the Riolu took longer than expected. Now I look at it's stats and movepool I'm tempted to have him on my team... Also about to stock up on pokeballs to persue the 3 musketeers, followed by Thunderus who's at 1hp now thanks to Zangoose. XD Still really want to poke-shift my poke's from SS but I only have 1 DS! O.o

Years
The other day I beat my Pokemon white. I am now continuing my adventure with my Samurott and catching new Pokemon and making a new team.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I just beat the fifth gym. His Exudrill was strong and fast, I am defiantly going to consider it as an option for my next team. Now I am going to move onto Route 6 and try to catch more pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Trained my Zweilous and let it evolve int Hydreigon. =D

Currently hunting for Kingdra.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
i have settled into a routine of starting the game, catch the swarming Pokémon, battle the Elite Four and Champion, battle the Nimbasa Stadium trainers, admire my team, save and power down. my team atm:

Mienshao Lv. 79 (Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick, Acrobatics, U-Turn)
Serperior lv. 79 (Leech Seed, Coil, Leaf Blade
Chandelure Lv. 80 (Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Overheat)
Archeops Lv. 81 (Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fly [it's my in-game team - i need it!])
oroark Lv. 83 (Nasty Plot, Night Dae, Flamethrower, Hidden Power [Dragon])
Starmie Lv. 79 (Surf, Psyshock, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt)

also, i discovered that Arcanine can learn Wild Charge. which made my day.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Haven't really been doing much. Over the weekend I was up at my grandmothers' place, so I thought about just visiting the rest of Unova, which meant Undella Town and Pasadena town name I forget. I actually thought I'd have to fight Cynthia as soon as I saw her, but she gave me the option not too so I went with that since I'm not ready.

I also took a visit to Chargestone Cave so I could catch a Joltik, which I then bred for some nice natures and abilities etc, and came across one with Timid, Compoundeyes and 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed, so I went with that. It's also awesome in Defense, which is a plus. I'd prefer it to be in HP or something, which would make life so much easier for me. :) I've EV trained the Joltik the way I want to and now I'm battling trainers in the Field and Court in Nimbasa City for experience. I'm waiting until it reaches level 48 before I evolve it, so it learns Bug Buzz as a Joltik. I don't really want to be waiting to level 60 before I get Bug Buzz. This just makes my life so much easier. :)

I'm going to give it the specific moveset of Thunder, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball and Attract, so I can use it with effect for the Single Train in the Subway, which is going to be awesome. I'm probably going to give it either a Life Orb, or an Electric Gem, or even an Occa Berry, which would be nice. :)

Pancake86

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Bought Pokemon White today. Started in the 1st town. Went to 2nd town. Saved on route 2. Oh, and I caught a Lillipup. Man, there's a lot of cutscenes in the beginning. And on an unrelated note, Tepig is my friend. I named it Tepig. o_O; YAY I'M AN IDIOT!

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
OH MY GAWD.
OH MY GAWD.
OH MY GAWD.
I FOUND A SHINY POKEMON.
It's a Slowpoke, Level 53, caught it at the Abundant Shrine after catching Thundrus.
Realized that the ship I thought went to the Liberty Garden was wrong and the one I wanted was the next pier over :P.
Finished the The Three Trainers Challenge(My special challenge where I have 4 days to train a team to beat 'em all)
So yeah, eventful weekend :P.
~RulerArceus

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Just picked up Black after no playing for about two weeks. In victory road right now.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've been moving a tad slow lately, but I'm currently on Route 5 looking for a Minccino that has a beneficial nature and the ability Technician to go with. While looking for a Minccino, I did run into a wild Solosis that I just had to catch. Other than that, I haven't been up to much.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Part 1

I've only just started my Pokémon Black game, and I decided to head out on a journey with a Relaxed Oshawott after beating both my friends Bianca and Cheren.
After recieving the Xtransciever and the Pokédex from Professor Juniper in Nuvema Town, Oshawott and I battled a couple of Patrat's and Lillipup's on Route 1 for some experience.
Finally arriving at Accumula Town, the Professor taught me the basics of any Pokémon Trainer then left for her lab.
In the same town I heard a speach from Ghetsis of Team Plasma about Pokémon Liberation, then battled a weird trainer wanting to hear my Oshawott's voice..?
On Route 2 my Mom gave me the running shoes and I battled some trainers including Bianca just before reaching Stiaton City where the first gym in the Unova region currently is.
Before taking Cilan the gym leader on, I was given a Pansear in the Dreamyard to the east and had a battle with Cheren in the trainers school.
Using Oshawott I quickly knocked out Cilan's Lillipup and used Pansear's Incinerate to slowly lower his Pansage's health. Sent in Oshawott that survived a two time Work Up, Vine Whip from Pansage and won me the match for the Trio Badge.

Team so far:
oshawott_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3802eq.gif
Oshawott Level 15
male.gif
pansear_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3804n2.gif
Pansear Level 10
male.gif

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Evolved my Dewott into Samurott and trained him to lv.40.
Caught today's swarm.
Caught the Igglybuff I befriended in the Dream World.
Currently training a Tepig into a lv.40 Emboar.

Pokémon in need of training:
Pupitar into Tyranitar.
Gabite into Garchomp.
Dragonair into Dragonite.

As you can see, I also have to finish training Pupitar, Gabite, and Dragonair.

Pancake86

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Yeah, due to stupid stuff in my life, I can only play a half hour a night. No joke. So last night, I went on route 2 and got a Patrat and a Purple Cat thing I forgot the name of. Then I went into the third town and got a green monkey whose name I forgot in the dream yard. I explored the town a lot. Went to the trainer school battled Cheron or whatever, and Bianca wanted to battle before entering the third town. Yeah. So I went to gym, and the red haired guy and green haired guy was like, "Battle the blue hair guy" and I was like "My half hour is up, leave me alone and i'll battle you tommorow." To be continued.

I found out my Tepig is female btw. Cool huh?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
- Went to Giant Chasm.
- Caught 4 male Clefairy. I was looking for a male Cute Charm one. First three had Magic Guard.
- Did the GTS glitch and got Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta.
- On Route 12, REing for a shiny Pokemon, preferably a female Combee (hence the male Cute Charm Clefairy [now Clefable])

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
Pokémon Black Part 2

After leaving Striaton City Pokémon gym I was given HM01 Cut from Professor Fennel and she told me about Pokémon dreams and Munna's Dream mist.
I went back to Route 2 to catch myself a Patrat so I could use Cut, and met up with Bianca at the Dreamyard where two Team Plasma grunts were kicking a Munna.
After battling them both Munna's friend, Musharna made their dream become a reality where their boss was angry with them, whch resulted in them bolting.
For saving Munna I recieved the C-Gear and a Pal Pad and the freedom to continue my journey. On Route 3 I caught myself a Pidove after evolving my Oshawott in battle with Cheren. Learning Team Plasma are Pokémon thieves Cheren and I gave chase and fought them in a double battle in Wellspring Cave, which is where I caught a Hasty Drilbur and added her to my team. Continued on Route 3 battling more and more trainers and arrived at Nacrene City, healed up my team at the PokéCenter.
In Nacrene City I did a little training to my team to be prepared for the battle against Lenora for my second Unova gym badge.

Team so far:
futachimaru_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3802kg.gif
Dewott Level 20
male.gif
drilbur_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d382nm5.gif
Drilbur Level 20
female.gif

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
-Went to the Battle Subway. Got to battle #17 in the single battle then got unlucky w/ one trainer..Will go back soon.
-Got the the Elite 4, were pretty easy to get through.
-Caugh Reshiram
-Beat N and Ghetsis
-Got the super rod from looker & the national dex and right now I'm still in Nuvema town.
---
Loved the ending and pokemon league, the best of any game so far.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I got through Chargestone Cave, which was freaking awesome! It is definitely my favorite place in the game so far.

Now I am making my way through Route 7 to go help Skyla.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
Late in my journey to start a journal entry but I feel successful today:

Earlier my Archeops (Kreston) made short work of Iris' Pokemon thanks to Dragonbreath aided by an Expert Belt. My Mienfoo (Ling) evolved into a Mienshao on my way through Victory Road and now I'm currently ready to face the Elite Four for the first time. However I decided to take a detour to Mistralton Cave to gather items there and catch an Axew. Although I was already satisfied catching a female Axew and getting Rock Slide for Kreston, I decided to venture further into the cave only to find Cobalion (which I had no clue that this was his hiding spot). I battled him and he was captured in a Timer Ball so I returned to Driftveil to check his nature and IVs. Lax nature with terrific IVs my first try! (Well, except for the special defense.) Not the most recommended nature but good potential for a physical wall/mixed attacker despite his horrible special defense but Cobalion do not have naturally good special defense anyways. I think I'll call him Athos, after the musketeer he is seemingly based off of. Now to go after the other two, you're next Terrakion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back