• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Updating points.... Snivy063, I noticed that your profile still has yet to be themed for the contest. The following post of yours suggested to me that you wanted to join. Am I right?
Ooh, that sounds certainly fun! It's a great idea by the way and I would totally participate! :D
If not, please let me know.

ikaroschase, thanks for that suggestion. I've now added an option in the points shop to rename a partner for 15 points. But, since you suggested the idea, you get to rename yours for free. I'll just go ahead and rename it now. :)

All profiles are looking excellent so far. It will be a tough choice of who I vote for, that's for sure. Just fyi everyone, all participants are required to vote, as with the last contest.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
thanks deoxys (:

@miltankrancher the names you give your pokemon are so awesome c: i not good with names \(O-O)/

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I apologize for a lack of activity, I just seem to get inactive whenever there's a topic I'm not sure I have a contributing answer to. Anyways, those banners and userbars are extremely well-made, ikaroschase. You sure have a great challenge with those.

OT:
Now I don't know many of the shiny designs, and I am frankly just too lazy to go look for them right now, but looking at the above sprites, Caterpie really caught my eye. The golden colours just really fit on it, and shows what I truly believe is a 'shiny' Pokémon. Charizard is one I already knew, and that is also one of my favourites, since black is one of my favourite colours and Charizard certainly doesn't look bad in those colours.

Last edited:
Years
If only i was artistic! D:

Yeah the gold caterpie goes well.
One of the most boring shinies from the original 151 would be Dugtrio. I mean it's just dugtrio with a blue nose Creative.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
These are my favourite Kanto shinies:

Spoiler:

As you can see, I really like shinies. Lol. I agree with what you guys say about golden shinies, those are just so... <3

One of the most boring shinies from the original 151 would be Dugtrio. I mean it's just dugtrio with a blue nose Creative.
I must be weird for absolutely adoring it, then. xD
Same with blue-eyed Venonat and blue-mouthed Haunter. Love them!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Haunter also looks good! But, I agree with Dugtrio there. It is so... simple. Like some coloring pallet just gone wrong.

Anyway, the nidoqueen needs an improvement in my eyes. I love Nidoking's shiny, but the queen? No.

ikaroschase

Years
done with my avatar (: oh and about the golden caterpie... don't mind the noobness in this but i thought i should make one :3 i know it isn't really good but i'm still working on my animation skills ):

uKFxp.gif

ikaroschase

Years
oh about my pokemon names :3
i named my vaporeon marina because it means 'of the sea'
named charmander rhyme because i find the name nice lol (: totally no link :/

miltankRancher

Years
i know marina. LOL.

I just laughed out loud. It really has no link. Then I will be naming my next partner... marcadian because it sounds nice too! ^^

ikaroschase

Years
marcadian is a really nice name (: i'm still struggling to think up a good name for my future partner :/ hey i just realised we're in the same time zone >< tomorrow's the big day where voting begins :D goodluck. something tells me you're gonna get lots of votes :3

miltankRancher

Years
well, you are better. I'm sure it will be a good fight tomorrow. :) good luck to all competitors. :)

anyway, this is some userbar I am making. not totally polished yet. I will prbably work on it this coming weekend, when internet is not that slow.

i know it is all blurry and something. that's due to the resizing.

45144ba128a7f26dda849eeb149d2106.gif

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
done with my avatar (: oh and about the golden caterpie... don't mind the noobness in this but i thought i should make one :3 i know it isn't really good but i'm still working on my animation skills ):

uKFxp.gif
awesome userbar ikaro! ^^
few shiny i like:
24.png
69.png
15.png
148.png
97.png

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, I've updated the points, and ikaroschase, I've added your userbar! miltankRancher, I have yet to add yours, since you say you still have some polishing up on it to do.

Now remember, once the voting period starts, do not make any changes to your theme, or youi will be disqualified. To be clear, voting starts at midnight EST tonight. For those of you in totally different time zones, that is 12 hours from the time of this post.

New topic: If the original 151 were STILL the only Pokemon today, do you think Pokemon would be as popular as it is?
For me, while I love the classics, I think that Pokemon would be much less popular. Many of the fans are younger kids and teenagers that first got into Pokemon in later generations. These fans never would have gotten into older generation Pokemon, as they would have been overshadowed by the more modern games.

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
Years
As long as they just edit the games, making them more modernish, it would still do pretty good.

All this talk about userbars is making me feel guilty that i don't know how to make any! Sorry.........................:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back