• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pin to Taskbar!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you have Windows 7 (or the Windows 8 Preview, like I do), you have the option to "pin" or stick your programs on your taskbar for easier access and not having to minimize your programs or access to start. It's been around for years now and some of us have grown to used to it by now.

What programs do you have "pinned" to your taskbar?

My taskbar is in here. xD
Spoiler:

I don't intend to fill it up, but these are the programs I use frequently. xD

This topic is for everyone and not just limited to non-7 users. If you have an older version of Windows, Mac or Linux, what programs do you have on your "launchers"?

Last edited:
Years
I'm actually one who dislikes taskbar clutter so usually I have mine empty with nothing pinned (on my Windows 7 laptop).. though when I did use Windows 8, I pinned my common programs.

Years
Spoiler:

I've found placing these shortcuts here easier than searching for them in the Start Menu. I've also made the icons smaller so I have a) more screenspace, and b) more space to put more taskbar shortcuts. I use some of these fairly often, while I don't use the Raptr one at all.

And having my taskbar at the top is something I did only fairly recently, in order to try to prevent screen burn-in.

Years
Well I'm not using windows 7 right now, so no amazing screen shots, but I've always been very minimalistic when it comes to shortcuts and such. The most I could handle having pinned to my task bar is Chrome, MSN and then windows explorer. That's the most I could handle without getting all ocd about how messy it looks.

Years
Why do you have two web browsers pinned, Meggy?

I have stuff like Microsoft word and Outlook pinned as well as windows media player and chrome. Got my documents pinned too.

Years
I've cut out the blank space because the taskbar is 2560 pixels wide otherwise. :P

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
That would be quick launch for me (Win 98–XP), which I don't and have never used. I prefer desktop icons and keeping a list pinned to the start menu.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have Chrome, Firefox, and mIRC all pinned to my taskbar. In addition I have the Snipping Tool, Calculator, Word, Notepad, and Paint all pinned to my start menu JUST IN CASE.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The only thing I have pinned on my taskbar is Windows Media Player. I only really use the icons on the desktop for other things.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've got a bunch of unpinned programs running atm so I won't screenshot, but it's just Google Chrome and PaintTool SAI, lol.

Going to add Microsoft Word 2010. Did not even realize I didn't have it on there already ._.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
The only items that are actually in my dock full time are Finder, the Applications Stack, and the Trash. Though I usually always have iTunes and Safari running 24/7 so they may as well be pinned.
I keep my Dock on the left side near the top of the screen so as to be unobtrusive and easy to mouse to with any pointing device. (I find the dock on the bottom a bother since my cursor is usually resting on or near the bottom when watching movies fullscreen, which activates the dock on the bottom.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Desktop (Win7)
  • Windows Explorer
  • Notepad
  • Firefox

Pretty much the essentials. :P

Laptop (OSX)
  • Finder (because you can't unpin it ffff)
  • Firefox
  • Tweetie
  • Documents
  • Downloads
  • Trash (see Finder <_<)

You might be able to remove stuff from OSX but I've never figured out how and don't actually look at the dock enough to care that much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Finder
App Store
Mail
Safari
uTorrent
Adium
Facetime
Contacts
iCal
Reminders
Notes
Preview
iTunes
World of Warcraft
Spotify
Photo Booth
iPhoto
iMovie
Garage Band
Adobe Illustrator CS5
Adobe Photoshop CS5
Coda 2
Microsoft Word
Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft Excel
Keynote
Pages
Numbers
AppDelete Lite
Time Machine
System Preferences
-----------------
Documents
Downloads
Trash

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
How do you take pictures like that? I have a Windows 7 Laptop also..do I have that feature already & not know about it? xD

Here's mine, I like to have mine "Auto-Hide the taskbar" & "Use small icons" though. More stylish!

In order:
HP Adviser Dock
HP MediaSmart
Windows Media Player
Windows Explorer (aka Folder)
Microsoft Office Word 2007
Windows Task Manager
Windows Live Messenger
Google Earth
Google Chrome
FireFox (Default Browser)
Windows Live Mail

Last edited:
Years
7VSqy.png

Third icon is OpenOffice, fourth icon is FocusWriter. FocusWriter doesn't actually install (it's just an .exe) so I have it pinned for quick access.

Years
Since we're all doing OSX docks as well, here's mine:
Spoiler:

I only put Applications I will need quick access to on here. Most of the time I just use Spotlight to launch, anyway. :P

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
whatspinned-2.png

My Libraries folder, Steam, and Kapersky Internet Security 2011, and Snipping Tool are what is pinned to my taskbar. Chrome and HP MediaSmart DVD aren't. I'm watching Negima! right now.

Sorry the screenshot is so tiny. Wish I knew how to fix it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have the Windows Live Launch Box, iTunes, Chrome, Windows Explorer and Sticky Notes pinned :3 I barely ever remember they're there though so I normally end up using the Start menu x]

Back