• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Gen IV Pokemon didn't you like?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Which Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region did you actually dislike in terms? Not one, but how many and why? Do you not like them because of their appearance or stats? Or how they are compared to the other generations? This is my opinion, right here is a long list.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I particularly dislike the Pokemon found in Mt. Coronet. (Medicham, Bronzor, Meditite, Chingling, Chimecho, Graveller, Geodude, Golbat etc). I think it's mainly due to the fact that because I encountered them an endless number of times during my journey through the mountain, I began to grow tired of them.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Ambipom is very creepy in general. And the whole concept of Shellos was rather pointless I thought. Not to mention they could've pulled him off as a baby Lapras. That's pretty much it. I don't usually dislike Pokemon. There are some that I think are useless in battle and pretty much overall, but still look cool lol.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I have a long list. And this is kind of what I thought of this. I know that not every Pokemon should look cute, but here's my opinion.

1. Wormadam- I mean, what kind of Pokemon is this? I know that she's a bagworm, but it's weird! They are unappealing, slow, and not reliable for much battles! And they have odd concepts. I kind of prefer Mothim.
2. Ambipom- Come on, can they make it a bit less creepier? Its face and its entire concept is scary and looks like a person who would come out of your bed and attack you.
3. Purugly- What the heck is a pudgy cat doing here? First, it was a skinny and delicate one (which shouldn't even be here), but it turns into an overweight lump. I wish it should be like Persian in terms of the concept.
4. Magmortar- I got used to Magmar, but what? It's not cool anymore in terms of appearance. It has potential, but this is in terms of its appearance.
5. Skuntank- Ok, this is one of the most disgusting Pokemon I've seen. I mean, it put its tail on its head and reveals the........ no comment. But it has a gassy sound as a cry and it shouldn't even be there in the first place.
6. Pachirisu- Thank you, you furball. Thank you for being another unnecessary Electric Type that's a spawn of Pikachu and never evolves. It made another waste, Emolga. It shouldn't even be here.
7. Kricketot- A useless Pokemon. Even though that I kind of like Kricketune, but Kricketot is very weak and it should know better moves. And what's ridiculous is that it knows NO MOVES by breeding.
8. Bibarel- Oh god NO. It should know more water types by level up and that it's not even that strong. Its main potential is an HM Slave, which I used one for back in 2007 since it's useless and Empoleon is.
9. Probopass- Ok, what is this supposed to be? It seems a bit.... odd. I have no idea if it's Mario or some kind, but it's completely random.
10. Tangrowth- The last one I'm going to say before I reach my limit here. It has got to be one of the worst evolutions known to man. It's very slow, not even faster than the pre-evolution, and it's sort of like Tangela but a bit stronger. Tangrowth is an unappealing Pokemon and it can get killed off easily by Special Attacks. I don't want to know what's under that creature's blue vines.

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I normally don't have anything against Pokemon so I think mainly Probopass because of it's freakishly large nose and his odd mustache. He just looks... weird.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
Years
Always hated Purugly, for similar reasons as Volcanix. Other than that, I can't really say I hate any others. I'm tolerant of most Pokemon, so it's hard to say if there's any I hate from ANY generation, much less 4th.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
There were a few Pokémon I disliked over the others, including Bibarel, Purugly, and Drapion. I have used two of the three and have never been a fan of having either on my team. My reasoning also goes for the appearance of the Pokémon and their comparison to other generations. Not to mention when grinding in an area I forget the name most of your wild encounters are Bibarel. They grow tiresome eventually. Other than that too I cannot say that I was too disappointed with the Sinnoh Dex as I was with Unova. (:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Hmmmmm let me make a list:
Bidoof and Bibarel: I don't not like their appearances, but I have to admit, Bibarel was a very good HM slave
Kricktune: That mustache
Pachirisu: a Sinnoh Pikachu and I don't like Pikachu
Bronzong: looks like a church bell and a watered down Metagross in my opinion

I like everyone else

:t354:TG

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ohh boy ;___;. There are some fourth generation Pokemon I dearly wish were never put into the game, but then again not all Pokemon can be perfect. Some are small, big, ugly, disgusting, weird, oddly shaped, strange, beautiful, powerful-looking...so there's always a bad bunch in every game sadly D:. For me the awful Pokemon consist of:

Purugly: I have to honestly admit, Glameow wasn't horrible in any way. Just your average Pokemon and actually quite cute, along with loveable :3. I thought it was a brilliant little creature, with sneaky moves like Fury Swipes, but then I saw this. PURUGLY. Uuuugh. It's the most hideous creature I've seen in the Pokemon series, with a smug face, huge body and no good concept in design or colours, this Pokemon takes my cake for the worst Pokemon ever. It's not too bad in battling aspects, as it proved to be a tough challenge when I took on the Galactic Commander Mars, but even stilll... ugh. Not a good Pokemon in my eyes.

Bibarel:
Bibarel is a brilliant HM slave and proves to be useful, but as a member of your party, awful,awful,awful. Just AWFUL D:. Despite it's unique typing, it's stats weren't that good and it didn't prove much use in battle, the only thing I liked about it, was it's capabilities as a HM Slave.

Then there's it's design. The eyes, honestly scare me to death. They're huge and round with a little black dot in the middle. Like the saying "If looks could kill" goes, if that became true in the Pokemon series, Bibarel would easily knock any Pokemon huge or tiny, out in one go. It's body shape and the combination of certain parts, buck teeth and such,made a rather creepy Pokemon. I never had a fondness for either it's design or Bidoofs. Is that just me D:?

Wormadam Family: The Wormadam family in my opinion are awful bug types. They're simply rock-like creatures covered in either leaves, rubbish or dirt, which honestly doesn't score many creative points ;___;. I've tried using them before and found them difficult to use because of their shallow movepool and stats.

I could rant on about a whole lot more, but these are the ones that I particularly hate ;___;.

Years
Here's my most hated 4th Gen Pokemon.

Purugly: I did like Glameow, but Purugly really lives up to its name, cos it is ugly. At least Mars's Purugly can be really tough given how early you first fight it.

Wormadam: This thing is absolute rubbish, shallow movepool, terrible stats and awful design. I hated the entire evolution family but Wormadam especially.

Bibarel: It may have unique typing, but its stats are horrid. Makes a great HM slave though.

Kricketot: This thing takes ages for me to train despite evolving early, and its only stuck with 3 level-up moves. I hated Kricketune as well cos of its design.

Heatran: It may have a niche in competitive battling but I hated its design.

Tbh there weren't as many 4th Gen Pokemon I hated as I thought.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Lucario. This Pokemon shouldn't exist, 'nuff said.

I think Lucario is a pretty decent Pokemon, even if it is so overrated.

And personally, I love Skuntank. It's an especially pesky pokemon to take down in NU, not to mention it's design and concept definitely fit one another. By far one of my many favourites of the generation.

Years
I think Lucario is a pretty decent Pokemon, even if it is so overrated.

And personally, I love Skuntank. It's an especially pesky pokemon to take down in NU, not to mention it's design and concept definitely fit one another. By far one of my many favourites of the generation.

Yeah, not many people seem to share my hatred for Lucario. It's probably because it's way too overrated, but I can't help but wish it didn't exist. :|

ExMedic

Don't trust me
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Bidoof. Sure, you've got to have one fairly useless normal type early on in the game which can be later turned into a HM slave. That's what Ratatta, Sentret and Zigzagoon were for in the other regions. But there's just something about Bidoof that just makes it worse than them.

That, and I really do not much care for this generation's starters. Something in their design is off, or, perhaps it's just my personal preference in which animals they were based off. In my opinion, however, fourth generation may just be the worst when it comes to new Pokemon.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Bibarel: I don't like its design.

Gible: Looks like a ball.

Snover and its evolution: Seven weaknesses. One is x4 weakness to Fire. One of the most popular types. Furthermore, Abomasnow looks like an ugly yeti.

Lake trio: Three little cute legendaries. Each of them is almost the same pokemon. Same type, same body size. Only little differences in design and and a variety in stat distribution. Not to mention they weren't the only Psychic legendaries introduced this gen.

Pachirisu: Useless little squirrel.

Burmy and its evolutions except Mothim: They are just too ugly.

Croagunk: I don't like the smile on its face. Looks stupid.

Heatran: Bad design.

Purugly: Pure ugly or fugly.

Prinplup: It's NOT an owl. It's a penguin.

Shellos: Annoying pokemon to run into in the wild. I also find it a little disgusting. Looks like its made of slime.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me has to be -

Bidoof and Bibarel, never liked their design. Don't know what else to say about them

Combee, doesn't look exciting in design, or even looks like a bee-like animal

as oppose to many above, I love Purugly, one of my top 5 Sinnoh favorites, though they should have picked a much better name.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Purugly-
Pretty much what everyone else said about it :T

Wormadam-
What the heck. Bad moves, ugly, etc.

Mime Jr-
The final evolution is horrible enough. Why design a "baby" version?

Psychic legendary trio-
I just don't like them.

Bidoof-
Not enough shiny variation. Wild ones are annoying because of Tackle at the first few routes.

Bibarel-
Weak and the fact that it holds oran berries (which can be helpful to steal, though).

Luxio-
It's just ugly and I don't like it. :T

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
Bidoof, Bronzor, Glameow and their evolutions. I just do not like their appearances.

Back