• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm surprised no one's mentioned that Sylveon's colors are like that of Milotic's

350Milotic.png
Actually a lot of people have speculate the prism scale being the exact shade of the ribbon tail ends might be a hint to it being used to evolve it. But I say its silly, considering how that would imply a water typing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As I speculated earlier. I believe Sylveon is a "part 1" in the series of two new eeveeloutions. This is quite the long shot but I really think Sylveon is either a Normal type pokemon or a completely new type (like light or love) But I ALSO believe Sylveon is FEMALE only. Meaning if your Eevee is a female, it could evolve into this under certain conditions. This would make sense seeing as the prefixes "sylph" and "nymph" (from Ninfeon) are FEMININE prefixes! I took Latin for a little while so there's my credibility I guess. The Pokemon also has very obvious feminine features and attributes.

Only major issues with this is Neither Sylph nor Nymph have female specific origins. Neither have real gender and can appear as male or female. Secondly, NINfia and SYLVeon don't give us NYMph or SYLPH. Pronunciations are different, letter build up are different. SYLV as some pointed out can come from Sylvia which is feminine and latin that revolves around forests. But at the same time there are names such as SYLVester which is male so name origin is a nearly useless discussion without more info on the Pokemon. NINfia by many was thought to relate to NINja. Its missing like 1 syllable but still, the names cannot give us a decent enough meaning as pronunciations are too different to be a close coincidence.

When we get actual typing and Pokedex history, all the background info collected so far will either change completely to something different that what we already have, or solidify one of the hundreds of different meanings we already have.

As I stated earlier I do think this is just a "part 1" and I think maybe we'll see a male counterpart very soon. There is no male prefixes that begin with S from Latin, just to throw that out there.
I think the male version would evolve from Eevee very similarly. And have more of a blue/black color scheme.

Sylvester is a Male Latin name that has roughly the same meaning as Sylvia. Sylvester means wooded. There are other latin words that start with S that are masculine terms. Quick google search brought up five different dictionaries with a long list of words.

Also backing up my theory, we HAVE seen plenty of male and female exclusive Pokemon come in pairs!
Spoiler:

Of course all of this is just speculation. But it would really be cute and it makes sense to some extent.

There are many feminine looking Pokemon as part of pairs that are not 100% female.

367Huntail.png
368Gorebyss.png

All Pokemon with split gendered evolutions have a 50% chance of being Male or Female.
Snorunt, Ralts, Burmy. These are the only ones with split evolutions with one(or more) being a specific gender. Snorunt is 50:50, Only females can evolve into Frostlass while either female or male can become Glalie. Ralts is 50:50, Only males can evolve into Gallade, while either male or female can evolve into Gardevoir (most feminine Pokemon ever).

Burmy, while it has a 50:50 chance of being either evolves into two gender specific Pokemon. Males can only become Mothim and Females can only become Wormadam.

Only other Pokemon in existance that has a gender based evolution is Combee, but unlike the others ONLY females can evolve so Combee is a conditional evolution.

As for how Sylveon looks, that's all personal opinion. To me Sylveon is no more girly than Vaporeon, Espeon, Flareon, Glaceon, and Leafeon. To me Jolteon and Umbreon are the only two Male Eevee Evolutions. There are a lot of pictures on Tumblr of male Sylveon Gijinka as well, so Sylveon looking female only is personal opinion.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
What makes this so frustrating is, it dosent look like its any particular type. Pink could imply a Normal type as there are many cute, pink Normal types, but that's not always the case. I wont rule out Flying type because I wouldnt put it past Game Freak to have found some way to make a quadroped Flying type with wind/air based powers. Im not particularly ruling out any type at this point because, I simply dont think we can without very much info. They've made it and its name rather ambiguous, probably for a reason, which makes me believe theres something unique and special about it in particular. I wont rule out that a new type may be that reason.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What makes this so frustrating is, it dosent look like its any particular type. Pink could imply a Normal type as there are many cute, pink Normal types, but that's not always the case. I wont rule out Flying type because I wouldnt put it past Game Freak to have found some way to make a quadroped Flying type with wind/air based powers. Im not particularly ruling out any type at this point because, I simply dont think we can without very much info. They've made it and its name rather ambiguous, probably for a reason, which makes me believe theres something unique and special about it in particular. I wont rule out that a new type may be that reason.

Already have a flying quadruped without wings.

landorus_sacred_beast_forme_by_xous54-d528mrm.png

I never ruled Flying out, though its wind based by suspected origin, not flying. There has only ever been one other Wind Based Origin Pokemon and he's Grass/Dark. (Does not count Drifloon and Drifblim because they aren't "wind based" just air travel based.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
As I speculated earlier. I believe Sylveon is a "part 1" in the series of two new eeveeloutions. This is quite the long shot but I really think Sylveon is either a Normal type pokemon or a completely new type (like light or love) But I ALSO believe Sylveon is FEMALE only. Meaning if your Eevee is a female, it could evolve into this under certain conditions. This would make sense seeing as the prefixes "sylph" and "nymph" (from Ninfeon) are FEMININE prefixes! I took Latin for a little while so there's my credibility I guess. The Pokemon also has very obvious feminine features and attributes.

As I stated earlier I do think this is just a "part 1" and I think maybe we'll see a male counterpart very soon. There is no male prefixes that begin with S from Latin, just to throw that out there.
I think the male version would evolve from Eevee very similarly. And have more of a blue/black color scheme.

Also backing up my theory, we HAVE seen plenty of male and female exclusive Pokemon come in pairs!

Of course all of this is just speculation. But it would really be cute and it makes sense to some extent.

And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.
And I think Sylveon is Normal type, so my theory is:

Gen II --- Umbreon is SE against Espeon.
Gen IV --- Glaceon is SE against Leafeon.
Gen VI --- (Fighting type Eevee?) is SE against Sylveon??

Last edited:
Years
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Here's my piece

I don't consider it Normal-typed, because if so, it would make sense to look like Eevee.

I don't consider it to be Flying typed, because if so, it should have wings and be a shade of light blue- not.white. (I'm aware that there's cyan on the tips of it's ribbons, yes) and I know the similarities to Skyla.

I don't consider it to be Love-typed, something mentioned earlier, because even though the pokémon was released on Valentines Day to the social media, love-type is a bad idea. (in my humble opinion)

I want it to be light because I can't come up with anything better. It's fur is the color of all forms of visible light combined. But then I think of Psychic as the opposite to Dark already.

In conclusion, Gamefreak made this pokémon to screw with everyone and make everyone irritated about not knowing everything about it.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.

The 'card move' Sylveon used in the video is Trump Card. That is a move that any Eeveelution can learn.

TheRabid

A Random Survivor
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2014
I personally dont care what type sylveon is, however, I do have a theory on how it evolves.

Every pokemon generation that have eevees, each have a different way to evolve

Gen 1: Stones
Gen 2: Day/Night Friendship
Gen 4: Areas

So I have done some research and have come up with this theory.
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are most likely named that based on the x and y axis,
But in the Japanese title art there are rainbowish symbols which i believe to be sex cells.
X(the girl sex cell) is blue and also the color of Xerneas
Y(the boy sex cell) is red and also the color of Yveltal.
This could mean these legendaries have genders, like Latias and Latios.

But this lead me to think that since each eevee gen (a gen with eeveelutions) has new evolution,
this generation could have a boy and a girl evolution since the sex cells which seem to be shown in the japanese art.

This is a theory, and this is not for sure what is going to happen.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
And that's exactly how I think about it! You see that Generations with an even number introduced (one) or two Eeveelutions.
Gen II-> Umbreon and Espeon
Gen IV-> Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen VI-> Sylveon and ???????

So IF there is going to be a part 2 of new Eeveelution, and IF Sylveon is female only, then we can expect a male only Pokémon which will probably be a Fighting Type? They look so bulky! Fitting the male look.

It only being done twice in the past does not make it a pattern.

Gen 1: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon
Gen 2: Umbreon, Espeon
Gen 4: Leafeon, Glaceon
Gen 6: Sylveon.

Its plausable that this is the only new Eevee Evolution added. The Coro Coro shows ALL of the Eevee Evolutions and only lists Sylveon as New Evolution. Doesn't show any silhouette or even hint to another one possibly showing up. Not to mention Sylveon is the center focus for a miniature movie. Why hype just one if there are to be 2?

I personally dont care what type sylveon is, however, I do have a theory on how it evolves.

But in the Japanese title art there are rainbowish symbols which i believe to be sex cells.

But this lead me to think that since each eevee gen (a gen with eeveelutions) has new evolution,
this generation could have a boy and a girl evolution since the sex cells which seem to be shown in the japanese art.

Highly doubtful. Unless Eevee pulls a Combee (which has the same gender ratio) and only the females can evolve. Otherwise all Pokemon with 2 gender evolutions and alternate gender evolutions (Snorunt and Ralts) all have 50:50 gender ratios.

Also Latios is male and colored blue which is represented by Xerneas in X which is for females. Latias is female and colored red which is represented by Yeveltal in Y which is for males. Not to mention Blue text is used for males in the games and red for females. If gender is involved like that it would be backwards based on that data so I doubt the gender effects much where these three mentioned are concerned.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm going with ghost type. I mean, look at it. LOOK at it. It has that weird vibe in its eyes.

It must evolve in a haunted house or something.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, it can be a ghost type, but is not ~precieved~ as a ghost type. It's a common misconception in pokemon; people can precieve a pokemon as one thing, but can totally be another. So, a ghost type can be in the mix, and I'd love more ghost pokemon, but... I'm still leaning for it to be flying.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The moves I saw used include Trump Card and Swift. I couldn't identify the other two, but one looked like a Ghost-type move while the other seemed to have elements of Fire. This suggests Will-o-Wisp which has been used by Ghost types.

Analyzing Trump Card, we can get an idea for types. There are three Pokémon who can currently learn it by leveling up. One is an unevolved Eevee, so this Sylveon may have leveled up late for this demonstration or might learn it earlier than Eevee does. The other two who can learn Trump Card are Slowking (Water/Psychic) and Minun (Electric). We already have Jolteon, so I rule out Electric. We already have Espeon, so I rule out Psychic. We also have Vaporeon to rule out the Water type, which rules out half of those who learn Trump Card by breeding (others are Normal).

Swift meanwhile can be learned naturally by 11 different types, none of which include Ghost. I see Bug, Steel, Flying, and Fighting among those types. If a second Eeveelution comes, Fighting is supported as a suggested type if both have similar moves at points in the move chains. Additionally, this very Pokémon could be your fighting type.

Can anyone identify the first move of the four displayed, as well as the third? I'm certain which ones are Trump Card and Swift.

Cyclone

Years

Even if we got another Eeveelution and it was Fighting, Sylveon could still be a Flying-type since Flying moves are effective against Fighting-types.

I don't consider it to be Flying typed, because if so, it should have wings and be a shade of light blue- not.white. (I'm aware that there's cyan on the tips of it's ribbons, yes) and I know the similarities to Skyla.
There are a variety of colors to Flying-typed Pokemon, and not all of them have wings.

Spr_5b_084_m.png
Spr_5b_188.png
Spr_5b_207_m.png
Spr_5b_425.png

But what would trigger evolution? Reaching a certain level? What would happen if they reached, say, level 30 at the same time that their happiness got high enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon? And if it's some item/event what would it be?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Even if we got another Eeveelution and it was Fighting, Sylveon could still be a Flying-type since Flying moves are effective against Fighting-types.

There are a variety of colors to Flying-typed Pokemon, and not all of them have wings.

Spr_5b_084_m.png
Spr_5b_188.png
Spr_5b_207_m.png
Spr_5b_425.png

But what would trigger evolution? Reaching a certain level? What would happen if they reached, say, level 30 at the same time that their happiness got high enough to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon? And if it's some item/event what would it be?
If the Dragon type theory were to be accepted, then it could be something like the Dragon Fang. Or even the Dragon Fang. Same one Gligar uses.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Eevee typing thoughts and theories :)

While the new evolution for Eevee, Ninfia or Sylveon, has been announced, no one knows it type or the evolution method. Its also likely that there will be second eeveelution. There has been no single eeveelution, and they have come in all the even generation games, other than gen1. Gen 2 had espeon and umbreon, gen 4 had leafeon and glaceon, now its ten 6s turn. Also, one was strong against the other. Umbreon is strong against Espeon, and the same is true for glaceon to leafeon. So if this is a normal type like most are guessing, there will also be a fighting type. If its a flying type, maybe we will see a rock type since we already have an electric and ice type. If its a new type, there will be a second new type to balance everything out. Maybe the two new types could each get an eeveelution.

The most likely typing for this eeveelution, however, would be dragon. Now I know it may seem unlikely, but if history repeats itself, it will be another "special type." Prior to generation 4, moves were either special or physical. Fire, Electric, water, grass, ice, psychic, dark, and dragon were all special types. Dragon is the only one to not be in an eeveelution yet. Now, since eeveelutions are introduced in pairs and one is strong against the other, I am proposing that maybe there are going to be two dragon eeveelutions: one male and one female. This is obviously the female dragon eevee.

In the scans/trailer, it can be seen using some powerful-looking attacks, as well. This may try well be a dragon eeveelution!

What do you guys think about this theory, and do you have any of your own? Lastly, don't come telling me that you don't like it because it doesn't look like a dragon. Oh well. This is purely my own thoughts and I would like to hear yours.

Back