• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Leaders Paid?

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
Do you think gym leaders get paid to be a gym leader? They would have to make a living somehow.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2007
Yeah, of course. It's their job.

It's what you do after you do your whole pokemon journey. You become a member of the elite four, a gym leader, a researcher, or drop the whole pokemon thing and live a normal life.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Well you dont necessarily have to go on a Pokemon journey. Flannery simply inherited the job from her grandfather and my theory is that Clair's father gave her the job too.
I think it depends on how long you've been a gymleader and what your level and location is. In my Clair stories, Clair gets paid loads of money and helps support her family while her dad makes a living somewhere.
It just seems so logical

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
Gym leaders get paid simply by winning battles. At least that's the only proven way they receive a salary as shown in the games. XD I suppose they could be funded by the government or something of the sort...maybe as a charitable organization! 8D

~Kelsey

Years
  • MD
  • Seen Mar 17, 2007
Yes of course Gym Leaders are paid as too maintain a Gym would take money. Like how in Brocks Gym he has the ability to change fields and a mechanism like that obviously take some mulla to maintain.

Gym Leaders are probably paid on a regular basis(i.e. monthly/weekly) and are probably given small bonuses per trainer they beat. And if you consider how it is in the games they may also possibly get money from each trainer they beat too as you get money from those you beat in the games.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 31, 2013
I would imagine so, as it'd be hard to balance training and battling nonstop all day and then working a shift at Burger King or something. They probably get most of their income from winning battles. In the games, you lose money when you lose to them just like any other trainer. I would like to say that their pay comes from tax money, but then either A) the taxes are ridiculously high in Pokemon world or B) they get paid as much as teachers, which unfortunately isn't much.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I suppose. I think thats another one of those questions that goes with government. But I guess they'd have to get paid, so they can live and all. Unless they had two jobs, like as a gym leader and something else... maybe there is no money in their world? dunno, I guess what I said

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Interesting topic...Never thought about it before....

Like what Rika said// They probably get payed when they win a battle >:3

Prioven

Hsss! Die, human!
Years
Most likely, though I never really though about it before. They probably get paid whenever they first become Gym Leaders, but end up getting more money when they beat trainers.

Crunkn' Munky

Feed me bannanas!!!
Years
espeongirl said:
hi i am a new trainer im trying to make friends

Then don't spam our posts, make a new thread in the new users forums.

I like the Goverment idea, that is a good one. What is the goverment in the Poke'mon games? The poke'mon leage probably?

Edit: though your avatar seems somewhat hot

Last edited:

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
You know, I have never thought about that. They problably do some other job or something. As, Misty's family owns the gym. So they don't get payed for being a gym leader. So, They must do something else, or be really rich to not work atall.

Back