• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
The items are:

Spoiler:

Anyway recently I finished doing a blind nuzlocke challenge of brown which was very enjoyable and proved to be quite a challenge and there weren't many points where I was stuck with what to do next as all of it seemed straightforward for the most part. Some of the level increases in the E4 and final dungeon were crazy but added more to the fun and challenge of the game. Thanks for making such an amazing rom hack.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
Is anyone getting a colorless game instead of regular colors? Dunno if it's something with the patch or what but my game is black and white and doesn't have any colors in it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
Here my pokemon are seen with blank spaces.

EDIT: If someone has the same problem, use VBA instead of VBA-M.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac

Pingouin_7

after i downloaded the game and applied the patch, when i open the game, there are blank stripes going through the pokemon diagonally. This also happens when i look at my pokedex. How can i fix this? I am on a mac

Disable real GB VRAM inaccessibility.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2011
hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
hey, i just wanted to know if there was a tm for shadow ball or other ghost/dark type moves.

If I remember correctly, it's TM30 just like in the newer games. I haven't played Brown in a while so I'm not 100% sure. To get the TM though, you need to bring either the Red or Blue orb (don't remember on this one either but it's one of those two for sure) to the girl at the Hayward City Department Store. Shadow Ball is also a Dark type move in Brown.

Years
Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Hey Guys I need An Answer:
I Have defeated 4-5 Gyms but still i cannot make my Charizard to Fly. I have the HM02 but still it says a new badge is required. Can any one help. Which city gym i had forgotten to defeat?

You need to defeat Sparky at the Jaeru City gym. He uses a Raichu, Electabuzz, and Jolteon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Another Question:
What do I do with Items like red orb , red amulet and tradestones?

The red orb's only use in Brown is to be traded to the little girl on top of the Hayward city Department store to get a TM. Don't remember which one though.

The red amulet needs to be given to a man in the house behind the jump ledges in Hayward city. To get there, you need to enter the Rijon tunnel through Eagulou City end. From there it's a straight forward path to the house. You get HM04 in there (still strength).

Trade Stones evolve Graveler, Machoke, Kadabra, and Haunter.

Also how do i evolve my kadabra , haunter , magmar , rhydon?

Kadabra and Haunter evolve using the Trade Stones or trading them to another game.

Magmar evolves using the magmarizer which is found on Route 34 (the only johto route you can explore) in a Surf only area.

Rhydon evolves with a Protector which is found in an unnamed cave north of Seashore city. You need cut to get to it and if you haven't turned in the red amulet yet, then you will want to wait to get the protector. There are trainers in the cave with Pokemon over lv70.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Thanks zdude0127 for ur help. Another quick question:
How many HM's are there coz i have only three?
Also where can i find the MIST STONE.

The original 5 are technically still programmed into the hack, but HM05 (Flash) is unavailable due to no caves requiring it. And the Mist Stone is behind the boulder in the Amulet Guy's house (where you trade the amulet for HM04).

Gorstak said:
This game is not in color?

What emulator are you using?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
am using vba emulator,maybi i missd some setting?

Under options, there is a sub-menu labeled Gameboy, in there you have some letters representing the gameboy mode. SGB needs to be selected. Once you have it set, reset the emulator and then Brown should be in color. It isn't like 2nd gen coloring, its more like Pokemon Yellow.

Years
ok it works now,tnx for help.And does pokemonbrownfinal link at first page is that newest patch with that dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back