• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon for 96 Hours Straight - Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
Years
Hello Poképeeps!

Last year a group of gaming enthusiasts played Pokémon for 96 hours solid for the Japanese Tsunami Fund run by British Red Cross. They managed to raise £4000. The idea was that people would donate for various things such as naming a Pokémon they caught, for other actions they carried out in the game and things for them to do in real life (ie eating fish fingers and custard). This was a really popular format which meant that they'd constantly be interacting with their viewers and above all, was a lot of fun.

This year they're doing the event again, operating under the official fundraising name 'Full Restore'. This time round they're trying to raise £8000 for The British Red Cross Disaster Fund. This is where you can help. Have a look at the event trailer here:

05.png
http://youtu.be/pkUswYSD9HQ

Please, if you can get the time, share this trailer with as many people as you know. The more people who see it, the more people watch their stream, the more people who watch their stream, the more money we can make for a really good cause.

Their main website is http://fullrestore.co.uk/
Here you can find out more info about them, watch the feed when it goes live from 3rd April and donate any money you can spare. If you can't donate or if you're just not that interested, please just pass on the website link to anyone you think will be.

Hopefully see you in the chat when they go live.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Hello Poképeeps!

Last year a group of gaming enthusiasts played Pokémon for 96 hours solid for the Japanese Tsunami Fund run by British Red Cross. They managed to raise £4000. The idea was that people would donate for various things such as naming a Pokémon they caught, for other actions they carried out in the game and things for them to do in real life (ie eating fish fingers and custard). This was a really popular format which meant that they'd constantly be interacting with their viewers and above all, was a lot of fun.

This year they're doing the event again, operating under the official fundraising name 'Full Restore'. This time round they're trying to raise £8000 for The British Red Cross Disaster Fund. This is where you can help. Have a look at the event trailer here:

http://youtu.be/pkUswYSD9HQ

Please, if you can get the time, share this trailer with as many people as you know. The more people who see it, the more people watch their stream, the more people who watch their stream, the more money we can make for a really good cause.

Their main website is http://fullrestore.co.uk/
Here you can find out more info about them, watch the feed when it goes live from 3rd April and donate any money you can spare. If you can't donate or if you're just not that interested, please just pass on the website link to anyone you think will be.

Hopefully see you in the chat when they go live.

I remember watching a marathon like this last year; I'm not sure if it was the same group (it probably was, as the concept described above is/was very similar). They went from Generation 1 to Generation 3... It was freaking hilarious, especially with a literal Magikarp vs. Magikarp "Splash" battle and people sending in donations so they could request a song for everyone in the livestream to sing aloud. They also posted pictures on Facebook afterwards to help commemorate the event. I'm hoping we could get a YouTube archive of the event, so it could double as a kind of Let's Play as well (although the video length would probably be absurdly long).

One of the Elite 4/Champion battles (either in Generation 1 or 2) was very tense; I remember them thinking that the whole Pokemon party had fainted, only to discover a Pokemon (Magikarp?) that just so happened to have an extremely low amount of HP left, to the point where if you quickly glanced at the Pokemon party screen, you would've thought the Pokemon in question had fainted because you could barely see what was left in the HP bar.

I love their official fundraiser name, and I will do my best to pass on the trailer of the event to other people. I believe the last event was very successful and excellent, and I hope that the feat is even surpassed this year so that those afflicted with troubles can be greatly assisted in their recovery.

Good luck to Full Restore, and I'm hoping that I can tune in when the time comes around. :cer_nod:

EDIT: Upon watching the aforementioned awesome trailer, I can confirm that it's the same group I watched last year. I distinctly remember the names of the epic Magikarp (srsly) and the GSC Red/Shiny "Lake of Rage" Gyarados that were used in last year's event. :cer_laugh:

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2012
I'm Kelly from the Full Restore team. Thank you so much for putting this topic up here Rukario. :)

Fenyx4 - That was a really lovely comment. I read it aloud for everyone else to hear and we all had a nice ole grinfest at it. :D

Kelario 27 - Nope, we were pokemon4japan last year and Full Restore this year.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'm Kelly from the Full Restore team. Thank you so much for putting this topic up here Rukario. :)

Fenyx4 - That was a really lovely comment. I read it aloud for everyone else to hear and we all had a nice ole grinfest at it. :D

Kelario 27 - Nope, we were pokemon4japan last year and Full Restore this year.

0_0 Whoa...thank you for the kind remark, Kelly; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) I'm surprised that I'm able to interact with you guys here on PokeCommunity, even; I thought I'd hardly ever manage to reach/contact you all to express how much I enjoyed last year's event! :cer_laugh:
I had viewed the chat during Pokemon4Japan but was unable to post anything as I didn't have an account (on USTREAM, IIRC) at the time. I might make one this year for Full Restore's charity event to contribute to discussion in the chat (and Full Restore's events will probably be the only reason I use such an account XD).

For anyone else who would like an idea/example of what the event is like, here's a video from Ben's channel (who belongs to the Full Restore Team) detailing the "Alice Pond & Pikachu vs. Brock" battle, also featuring the chat that was ongoing at the time:

And below are examples of the "singing requests via donations" I had mentioned before. The "Be A Man" one brings back memories:

Spoiler:

Also, I can't believe I forgot about Hammy the Clefable from last year (possibly one of the coolest Clefable of all time) >.<

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
[SIZE="a"]Wow! 96 hours of Pokemon woooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'm surprised that they managed to already complete Blue Version by the time I tuned in earlier this morning. XD They're going through Emerald Version now, and currently have 2 badges.

I'm hoping that they would be able to post a YouTube video documenting the whole 96-hour marathon, because I won't have computer access for the rest of the event. :cer_cry: And it's (currently) my favorite Pokemon game, too; I would have loved to see the Elite 4/Champion challenges...

Continue to spread the word if you can, everyone! :) I managed to help contribute a Bulbanews article, but I'm hoping that other sites can get wind of the fundraiser as well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude...

Pokemon for 96 hours? Wow. Good on!!!!!!!!!!! If I had the money, dude, I would totally do that. :-D

Sam

AtemAndrew

Pokemon Expert
Years
This event appears LOVELY... however, where, exactly, is this event showcased? Anyone happen to know? Perhaps I should check out the site... or maybe I just didn't read the thread close enough.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
This event ended in early April, so you're a bit late to the show. I don't think it's showcased anywhere, unless one of the viewers recorded it, in which case it would probably not be that much that was recorded, since I don't think any of the viewers stayed up during everything xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back