• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] March 2013 lists

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Source

Well, it's that time of year again. This list won't take effect...just yet.

Forbidden:
-Sangan
-Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Limited:
-One Day of Peace
-Solemn Warning
-Wind-Up Magician

Semi-Limited:
-Advanced Ritual Art
-Thunder King Rai-Oh
-Tsukuyomi

Unlimited:
-Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
-Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
-Mind Crush
-Shien's Smoke Signal
-Spore

It looks like Wind-Ups have suffered a lot with this list. Oh well; so much for that, since I had a Wind-Up deck in progress.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
This banlist won't make players rage as much as the previous ones lol. I'm not even touched by this banlist at all except for Sangan which I use in like one deck only.

Still wish they touched Inzektors =/

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Good riddance, wind ups. You won't be missed.

As for Sangan, I couldn't care less; in my opinion, his ban was another good move.

But Shi-En's Smoke Signal at 3? Way to break Six Sams again, Konami.

Too bad Mermails weren't killed, though.

One day at 1 is real nice though; no more Exodia FTK.

As for Solemn, I guess it's an okay move, but I'll have to change my deck.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
No surprises re: Konami's financial plan here. Fire Fists, Mermails and Inverz are going to dominate.

Wind-Ups aren't dead but are nerfed. Rai-Oh at two is an interesting choice. Don't know why Reborn wasn't banned... hmm.

Those are about it (my thoughts on the banlist).

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
No surprises re: Konami's financial plan here. Fire Fists, Mermails and Inverz are going to dominate.

Wind-Ups aren't dead but are nerfed. Rai-Oh at two is an interesting choice. Don't know why Reborn wasn't banned... hmm.

Those are about it (my thoughts on the banlist).

Eh, Evilswarm will be like Dark World: They win the first duel in the match, but then Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror kills 'em in the next 2.

As for Mermails, yeah, they are annoying, but they'll be handled in September. Already, I am hoping for Abysslinde at 0 and Abyss-Sphere at 1.

I'm not really convinced yet that Fire Fists are that amazing of a deck, I mean, they're good, but I'm much more worried about the Prophecy/Spellbook archetype. Whereas I see Fire Fists as more of a high-tier 2 deck, Prophecy is easily a tier 1 deck.

Inzektors are also dead due to Sangan's ban, which means that there will be much rejoicing!

My tier predictions are:

Tier 1:
Mermail/Atlantean
Prophecy/Spellbook
Evilswarm

Tier 2:
HERO
Geargia
Fire King
Dino Rabbit
Fire Fist
Chaos Dragons
Madolche

Tier 3:
Dark World
Six Samurai
Wind-Up
Inzektor
Ninja
Watt/Thunder

Years
Eh, Evilswarm will be like Dark World: They win the first duel in the match, but then Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror kills 'em in the next 2.

As for Mermails, yeah, they are annoying, but they'll be handled in September. Already, I am hoping for Abysslinde at 0 and Abyss-Sphere at 1.

I'm not really convinced yet that Fire Fists are that amazing of a deck, I mean, they're good, but I'm much more worried about the Prophecy/Spellbook archetype. Whereas I see Fire Fists as more of a high-tier 2 deck, Prophecy is easily a tier 1 deck.

Inzektors are also dead due to Sangan's ban, which means that there will be much rejoicing!

My tier predictions are:

Tier 1:
Mermail/Atlantean
Prophecy/Spellbook
Evilswarm

Tier 2:
HERO
Geargia
Fire King
Dino Rabbit
Fire Fist
Chaos Dragons
Madolche

Tier 3:
Dark World
Six Samurai
Wind-Up
Inzektor
Ninja
Watt/Thunder

Tier 1:
Mermail/Atlanteans
Prophecy
Evilswarm
Fire Firsts
Macro Rabbit

Will be the tier 1s of the format, in my opinion.

On the ban list, I think it is an odd list; didn't think they needed to ban Zenmighty, but whatever. Happy about Advanced Ritual Arc going to 2 though! :D​

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Fire Fist are actually very good. My friend got a very competitive Fire Fist deck as of now, and it's not even completed^^

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Right uh, how do you plan to beat Verz when they can side in hate versus your hate and they have access to Rabbit into Laggia? Also, Kerykeion makes good rank 4 Xyz regardless. Shadow-Imprisoning is definitely not the sole answer.

Geargia and or Karakuri is going to wreck faces with the addition of Redox. Machine archetype that can run Fortress + ability to spam Redox + card advantage to use Redox's effect with = BIG EYE DRAGO-SAC REBORN O'CLOCK. Very likely tier 1.

Fire Fist is monstrously powerful. By no means will they be anywhere near tier 2 - they are solidly tier 1, and that is only at a minimum. Powerful search, powerful advantage engine, powerful field presence, and inability to fight against in battle a lot of the time means that they will terrorize the metagame. Plus, the current hybrid right now - Rabbit with Vorse Raider and Nin-Ken Dog - is also quite strong; easy access to Deck Devastation and Lightning Chidori.

Also, Verz is the new Macro Rabbit. Just cut Kerykeion and run Macro! (if it comes to needing it, that is.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tour Guide lost a target XD So glad I didn't run Tour Guide now that Sangan is ban since Tour Guide is a dead draw for me now. New Luminia limit for my deck! My brother is stupid happy about 3 Shien Smoke signals.

Shadow-L

Lonesome Road
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
I was a bit surprised at how Mermails weren't even touched when I first saw the list, but looking back, it makes a lot of financial sense. Tour Guide still has plenty of usable targets, Wind-Ups are bleeding but still alive, and sams got a little better. All in all, a pretty good banlist.

Digital Eevee

Team Digi-Eon
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Several people over on Dueling Network were freaking out when Sangan got announced.
Was actually a little entertaining to watch.
I don't really play any decks that use these cards (I don't play competitively) So this change affects me not one jolt.

Back