• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
I've had no crashes on Desume at all. I've played for hours on end before. It's really nice..and kind of funny, that B/W is easier to emulate than HG/SS

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
My comp's a bit worse-off than yours, Surmonter, but your suggestions actually worked! Runs a bit slow, but it's bearable. ^.^

Nothing like when I tried running Dolphin on this.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I have the game, but I have no clue what to do, is there some sort of guide as to help navigate this in japanese? Or do you pretty much have to wing it

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
For those who cannot be able to save on DeSmuME:
  • Check the "Path Settings" in Config and see if the save files are in a folder path that exists (in other words... a folder that really exists).
  • If you have changed some folders around recently, be sure to change the location in Path Settings.

For those who have DeSmuME running slow on their computer:
  • Check to make sure that the 3D setting is set to Softrasterizer and NOT OpenGL, because using it on OpenGL is basically running on the computer's graphics card and processor, which would already be used by other applications too.
  • Make sure that DeSmuME is not running any Firmware or the Bios for the Firmware, 'cause it WILL slow Pokémon Black or Pokémon White down.
  • Make sure that you only have ONE DeSmuME emulator running, having more than one running can also slow it down. Press Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the Task Manager and click the Process tab and check if desmume.exe is running if it doesn't appear at all, then launch DeSmuME again.

I hope this comes in handy for those who have DeSmuME running slow for Pokémon Black or Pokémon White ROMs.

And I sure hope it also comes in handy for those who can't save on Pokémon Black or Pokémon White ROMs on DeSmuME. 'Cause I did have that problem yesterday, I thought I might as well let you all know for sure.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I have the game, but I have no clue what to do, is there some sort of guide as to help navigate this in japanese? Or do you pretty much have to wing it

Go to pokemon.marriland.com, he has a walkthrough in progress.

Also my question hasn't been answered yet.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Pokemon B/W won't work on DesMuMe 0.9.6.
It runs up to the bit where it says Pokemon 2010,
then it shows the picture that i attached.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Haha, a second ago i wanted to post the same problem. What the hell this thing is? When i try to load B\W ROM on DeSmuMe the same error appear. Until the first video with this star-thing the game is working perfectly. But then emulator is crashing. Can anyone help?

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
apart from not saving in no gba, it runs perfectly, no crashes or whatsoever, i can wait a few days for a patch though ,either way my comp is retarded, i fell asleep playing it in desmume

phantominoid

Darkness Within
Years
i play it full screen and trust me my comp is so retarded and it works anyway, i dont think its the size, maybe you got something else

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Anyone knows how do I do savestates in nozommer? every time I load state it restarts the game?

Save states or Load states don't work.

I hope they bring out a save patch for No$gba :/

Well I've ordered White in japanese, so Im not that bothered only that all my overleveled Pokemon will be lost ;__;

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
apart from not saving in no gba, it runs perfectly, no crashes or whatsoever, i can wait a few days for a patch though ,either way my comp is retarded, i fell asleep playing it in desmume
Yeah, same with me. It's funny, No$GBA runs B\W much better than HG\SS. No crashes\freezes at all : D
Anyone knows how do I do savestates in nozommer? every time I load state it restarts the game?
I think, that save state option doesn't work properly. When i using No$GBA without No$Zoomer it just crashes. I don't know what happens with No$Zoomer... o-o

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
It's a new page, and since I highly doubt anyone will browse through and go "I wonder what questions weren't answered!" I will post this again:

Possibly noobish question here!

Will a Japanese Black/White ROM on a flashcart (Supercard, R4, etc) work on an American DSi?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Possibly noobish question here!

Will a Japanese Black/White ROM on a flashcart (Supercard, R4, etc) work on an American DSi?
It should... not 100% sure though. For some reason these more recent pokemon games have been having more trouble on flashcarts (for example, the black screen codes for HGSS didn't work on my R4). I saw a youtube video somewhere that said that it worked with wood R4 1.12, but I don't know if it's compatible with R4i...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
It should... not 100% sure though. For some reason these more recent pokemon games have been having more trouble on flashcarts (for example, the black screen codes for HGSS didn't work on my R4). I saw a youtube video somewhere that said that it worked with wood R4 1.12, but I don't know if it's compatible with R4i...

A Supercard DSTwo completely bypasses the Anti-piracy in Black and White, it runs an unpatched ROM perfectly. Thank you though :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

OK, First question: Do you have the 3D settings set to Softrasterizer or OpenGL? If you have it on OpenGL, then switch it to Softrasterizer instead.

Second question: Is the Save Type set to Autodetect or a save type lower than FLASH 256 Mbit? 'Cause it's best to have it at Autodetect.

Third question: Have you updated Windows lately? If you haven't, check Windows Update by clicking Start>All Programs>Windows Update. If the runtimes haven't been updated... then I'm sure DeSmuME won't run Pokémon Black or Pokémon White ROMs properly.

I hope that information had helped you. If it hasn't, be sure to let me know. ^^

looper

German Hacker
Years
Maybe the problem is Action Replay code, which allow you to play B\W versions on No$GBA? I've read, that this code not allow you to save\load.

no. the problem is that the I/O-system of no$gba has a little bug, so it can't save states which have a special size...

PS: I've heard that playing B/W on a R4 doesn't work....

Back