• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Well I guess we'll see when it comes out.

My proof is that all of this was stated during my interview with Game Freak, they told me a few things of what's to come.

After Gen 4 and 5 failed, they're really stepping up their game on Gen 6, trying to make it as amazing as possible, GF only wants to make cash so they can continue to pump out these games, but they need you to buy them and continue to feel their wallets.

After Gen. 3 they learned that the development and design in Pokemon wasn't important anymore, for half of the new pokemon, all they have to do is take the old designs and edit them slightly into new pokemon, it saves time and money, they have a good thing going for them, reuse Pokémon, and then add a semi-original storyline.

Spoiler:

Generations 4 and 5 failed? After Generation 3, designs and development weren't important anymore? I don't know about that...

Years
In my opion gen 3 was the best aleast ruby saphire and emerald had a pretty decent story. Anyways I wont likely get to play xand y for a bit

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's common knowledge, you just have to turn your fan boyism off, and actually SEE it for what it is.

I'm sorry, no its not common knowledge. Based on sales alone, your "Gen 4 and 5 Failed" has no merit. You're making things up as you go to troll fan sites.

I severely doubt you have resources capable of pulling off an interview with Gamefreak let alone them telling someone like you more information than what they've told companies directly under them like Pokemon Smash.

Try posting proof before you try make things up or go to 4chan.

Years
No gen 5 imo failed gen 4 was decent gen 3 was the best and gen 6 now seems like it will be the best. I wont get to play this cause Im 15 and come from a poor family. But I might find away to make enough money but I doubt it.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I disagree, Just take a look at Plusle and Minun, reused Pichu, tailo and pidgey, wurmole and weedle.

You fan boys don't get it, and that's how they're still making money.

And the Nazism in Team Galactic in Gen 4 should have been a dead giveaway that they were getting despirate, or perhaps nazis themselves (joke)

And you missread my post, AFTER GEN 3, they became lazy, and gen 4 begain to fail, as did gen 5

I have to admit that in the beggining I was almost believing that you weren't a troll.
Good job, I guess. Now go to 4chan.

Years
Nobody cares about this but i'll say it anyways, I have some rare nes games I can sell and hopefully get enough to buy a 3ds and then as for x or y for Christmas

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But these are my opions. I just disliked the gameplay of gen 5 because there wasnt to much to do after the E4

I don't think Twilight Sky was talking to you. We're talking to the troll who says things without a doubt and has severe holes riddling his whole discussion. He has no proof. You stated that its your opinion. He didn't. He's saying it is what it is.

While I do disagree with what you said as I found Gen 3 to be the worse Gen of Pokemon history (sales attest), I found Gen 4 to be mediocre and Gen 5 was just amazing. Gen 3 almost killed my love for Pokemon and Gen 5 is what slammed me back in.

Though there isn't much to do after ANY E4 in the initial released games. Gen 5 actually had more to do Post E4 than any other main series game that wasn't a remake/Third Copy. Just as Move Tutors haven't appeared in the initial releases in any of the games after second gen where they were introduced. All the added stuff always appears in later games within the same generation.

Gen 6 is most likely going to do the same thing. Barely anything to do after the story until the third, a set of remakes, or a sequel appears.

As for reusing Pokemon designs, that is a common thing in any game. Look at Mario who use the same bad guys, same backgrounds, same Story. Look at Dragon Quest, there are maybe 30 variations of slimes. They are all the same thing just recolored. There are less unique designs as games move on as and more clones within the game.

All gaming companies do this. They reuse. Pokemon on the other hand go out of their way to make things appear as different as they can instead of simply recoloring a Pokemon and saying it something else.

The guy doesn't know anything about marketing or how business. I'm willing to go out and say he knows nothing about design or any basic knowledge needed for a game. He seems to have come here with the sole purpose of being a troll, which is a very easy thing to do.

Gen 3 began with just reusing Pokemon, but it sailed well, Gen 4 just didn't try, and Gen 5 was terrible, so bad they made a sequel trying to earn money, but failed.

Remakes are their only option, before long they will succumb to the greed and remake Hoenn games, then the Kanto. Money money money money, they want it, they make it

You do not know what you are talking about. They have come far from failing. Gens 4 and 5 have recieved outstanding scores as individual games. Please do some real research instead of spouting your idiocy everywhere.

Years
Imo they need to bting back gym leader rematchs and vs seeker. I loved those two thing because it made it less boring after E4. I also liked that gen 3 had end of the world scenario because kyroger and groudons battle was flooding the world if I remember right.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I disagree.

Sales mean nothing, it's what the customers think.

Sales are how you determine what the customer thinks. You know nothing about sales or business. Sales are the driving metric on how much people like or dislike certain materials. Pokemon was in a fairly dark spot when Gen 3 didn't sell as well as they had predicted they would. This was bumped back up when Gen 4 sold better and Gen 5 is doing better than that.

There is a lot on Gen 6, a lot of good based on what we're seeing. There are a lot of expectations in the market for them. Gen 6 is going to have the highest estimate for sales to date. That completely destroys your "They failed" statement.

If a customer thought poorly of the games they would not have sold.

Years
Sales are how you determine what the customer thinks. You know nothing about sales or business. Sales are the driving metric on how much people like or dislike certain materials. Pokemon was in a fairly dark spot when Gen 3 didn't sell as well as they had predicted they would. This was bumped back up when Gen 4 sold better and Gen 5 is doing better than that.

There is a lot on Gen 6, a lot of good based on what we're seeing. There are a lot of expectations in the market for them. Gen 6 is going to have the highest estimate for sales to date. That completely destroys your "They failed" statement.

Well actually sometimes they make things look good so people will buy it as soon as its realesed. Then when people play it might nkt be as good as it looked. This is a good trick companies use. Due to everyone buying the game because they think it will be good doesnt meN anythi g. The company make all those sales. Whag im trying to sY is they make things look better so everhone buys it when its released instead of waiting to here if it is actually good or not. So sales kinda dont actually determine much. But this is my opion

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

And would've returned them if they bought them. Sales mean a lot in the video game business, as unlike a movie in the theaters you can return it.

As for generations...I started with 3 which was awesome imo, I also played some 2 (Silver which I borrowed from a friend) which was a great experience, especially since it had some things which 3 sadly took out like Night and Day, and 4 was alright, I really loved the main legends and the largeness of the region, 5...that was my low point out of the ones I've played but it wasn't bad, it was great in it's execution of story, though the number of Pokémon overwhelmed me, and the post game was more boring than 4's imo. Hopefully this generation will have a modest number, have night and day, and have the versus seeker, and a larger facility we can use after the main story.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I know this is off-topic, but are you guys seriously filling 2 pages replying to this obvious troll?
Just ignore him.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
During an interview with Game Freak, and followed by a tour, I was allowed to play Pokémon X and given some hints of what's to come, while some of the new Pokémon will leave you either scratching your head or facepalming yourself, asking yourself "what in the world is that?", there is a lot of great stuff going for it, giving you the ability to travel to all past regions after becoming champion, and for the first time ever, each professor will give you one starter from THAT region!

I don't want to give too much away ;)

I hope no one else acknowledges your post.

It took a few days, but now he is making bolder claims and arguing with people. The Guy is a troll. Why? If what he says is true, it will remain true weather or not we believe him. So, there is no motivation to convince us. His only motivation is to argue. Don't argue.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
So you joined yesterday The Holy One and your first post was about that interview. We don't know you and I don't think Gamefreak will give this kind of info only to an interviewer and not Pokemon Smash and other kind of media.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
So you joined yesterday The Holy One and your first post was about that interview. We don't know you and I don't think Gamefreak will give this kind of info only to an interviewer and not Pokemon Smash and other kind of media.

Game Freak is a Japanese company... so why is this even surprising.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That's what I thought, too! When I first saw the drawing of it, I was immediately reminded of Treeface from Dragon Quest. @_@ It's so odd lmao.

Kinda hope he's similar status tactician like Treeface. That tree was a badass. I ended up keeping mine halfway through Terry's Wonderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back