• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Nuzlocke Challenge

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2020
Seriously doing one on Fire Red and I've got 3 Rattatas, 2 weedles, 2 Spearow, 2 Pidgey and 2 Meowth. I get nothing decent lol.

Current team is Fearow, Charmeleon and Gyarados (from Mt moon poke center). I just lost Geodude to Digging a Graveler with Magnitude. How silly.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Username: Superstrength79
Version: Ultra Sun
Single/Ultimate?: Single

728.png
744.png
676-s.png
425.png

Team:
"Tamara Rojo" Popplio LVL 14 - Hardy nature
"Ruffles" Rockruff LVL 14 - Jolly nature
"Leonard" Furfrou LVL 13 - Naughty nature
"Plump" Drifloon LVL 13 - Lonely nature

I have caught two, new Pokemon for my team. A Furfrou in Hau'oli City, and a Drifloon in Hau'oli Cemetery for my Route 2 encounter. I went ahead and got my Furfrou the Star haircut as well.

Worked my way past all of the tutorial areas of the first island and I'm poised to enter the Verant Cavern and take on the first trial!

EDIT: Leonard soloed the totem Pokemon and its ally. Just needed to use one Baby-Doll Eyes and Sand Attack on the totem, used Work Up twice and spammed Headbutt. No heal items needed!

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Well, just failed a Y nuzlocke. I don't know if it's just me or not, but does anyone else always have trouble with Grant?
Even if I'm doing a normal run with a full team of Pokemon that are strong against his, he still always gives me trouble.
WHYYY!!!

Anyways, here's my list of caught Pokemon, as well as deaths. And don't ask about some of the nicknames, I just don't know why those things come to my head.
Spoiler:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
I just started a Fire Red nuzlocke with the normal rules and with dupes clause turned on

I am currently in Cerulean City and only have one death, my Pidgey, who i sacrificed in Viridian Forest when my first encounter was a Pikachu, it sucks that Pidgey is gone, but Pikachu is pretty great and i'm glad I have him

Current Team
8.png

Level 18
- Water Gun
- Tail Whip
- Mega Punch
- Withdraw

25.png

Level 19
- Thundershock
- Quick Attack
- Double Team
- Thunder Wave

Boxed​
Spoiler:

Dead​
Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE #2

I am currently in Celadon City, everything has been pretty normal so far, and surprisingly few deaths have happened. I caught and lost a Diglett in Surge's gym, so after the losses I decided to save Surge's gym for later, since my team isn't exactly built to fight Surge. In other news, I caught an Oddish north of Cerulean and it has been a valuable member of the team so far. Finally getting to Cerulean is exciting because I was finally able to evolve Pikachu and Vileplume. I am excited about this team, and would be devistated if we had a major loss

Current Team

8.png

Level 29
Water Gun
Bite
Mega Punch
Tail Whip

26.png

Level 30
Thunderbolt
Slam
Double Team
Thunder Wave

45.png

Level 29
Absorb
Secret Power
Acid
Sleep Powder

58.png

Level 20
Ember
Bite
Roar
Leer

Boxed
Spoiler:

Deaths
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
It's been 3,000 years...but I finished my Y Nuzlocke. So between when I last updated and now, here's a short review of events that took place.

-The Whip died from a crit
-I got through most of the game with no deaths after that
-During the battle with Lysandre's Mega Gyarados, Littlefoot took one for the team and got critted by Outrage and died. However, he left behind a Leech Seed and wore down the Gyarados for Thunderhand to finish the job
-Horde encounters suck
-Thunderhand was killed by a crit Focus Punch turn 1 by a wild Gurdurr in Victory Road when I was trying to catch it as my first encounter.
-Oddball, the Gloom that eventually became a Vileplume, that I had to replace Littlefoot, died against Calum's Vaporeon. Tragic.
-I blew up the Elite Four and Diantha. Shrek, my Drapion, really came through for me against the Goodra since it had ways to handle some of my main heavy hitters. Lived on 6 and killed Goodra with a crit Poison Jab. He has Battle Armor, not Sniper.
-AZ got erased. GGs Kalos.

Team Ruby (Final)

talonflame.png

Red Falcon (Talonflame) Lv. 66 @ Sky Plate
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Roost, Brave Bird, Steel Wing, Flare Blitz

snorlax.png

Big Hank (Snorlax) Lv. 65 @ Nothing
Nature: Calm
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Crunch, Heavy Slam, Body Slam, Earthquake

lucario.png

Anubis (Lucario) Lv. 64 @ Nothing
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Claw, Aura Sphere

lapras.png

Tessie (Lapras) Lv. 67 @ Mystic Water
Nature: Docile
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Ice Beam, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Surf

victreebel.png

Bigmouth (Victreebel) Lv. 64 @ Nothing
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Borophyll
Moves: Protect, Leaf Blade, Knock Off, Sludge Bomb

drapion.png

Shrek (Drapion) Lv. 65 @ Poison Barb
Nature: Docile
Ability: Battle Armor
Moves: Earthquake, Crunch, Poison Jab, Brick Break​

Meanwhile, I am preparing for my Alola salty runback with an Ultra Moon Nuzlocke, because I can't take that loss to Kukui sitting down.

Years
Username: LRachelR5
Version: White 2
Single or Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules: If I still have pokemon in the PC after a black out I may use them until I have none left. Nicknaming theme will be Disney characters and characters from the Descendants series

Years
After taking a decently long break from Nuzlockes on my channel I actually did two right before new years but I forgot to share them on here lol

Mega theta emerald: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVy6OESx6c&list=PL9uTqoQc8K79ZAnx-kitJc6xmOogXsz4u

This game was pretty sweet but pretty challenging too even though the final evolutions of possible megas were megas instead of normal pokemon (grovyle evolved into mega sceptile not into a normal one) and there were a lot of fanmade megas too, the game was still brutal and I've only managed to keep one pokemon alive through elite 4 and champion so the true champ of the game was my meganium - I was so happy when I've managed to beat the game just because of it because I seriously thought that I would lose but I didn't :D

Christmas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYRI4TWp3Zk&list=PL9uTqoQc8K78u0vCC_4mVBoVkpzUy22dS

This was just something that I did for fun because I wanted a quick and easy game to play during Chrismtas and before new years - it's a short game but it was challenging + I got to use leafeon after 1000000 years of not using one lol so that was cool xD

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
It's been a very long time since I last posted here. Multiple years in fact.last I remember I was planning out (or maybe finishing) a Gen IV sololocke. I specifically remember quitting due to my inability to put in my Charmander in Gen V and proceeded to fail Gen IV. (Sololockes are really tedious and mind numbing.)

I decided I would come back after I picked up FireRed again and trying a normal locke. Got an Abra paired with an eventual Jolteon powered through to the Elite Four and made it past Lance with only Apollo (Jolteon), Loki (Alakazam) and my planned sacrificial Loch (Lapras) who I speed trained to the max and pushed to level 60 to Perish Song Lavir (Rival backwards) on his final pokemon.

Loch died just before the Perish ended and Loki was already low from fighting Blastoise and the opposing Alakazam. My only unboxed survivor was Apollo.

I'm not trying to confirm a Locke, I just really missed doing this with everyone. I never actually shared my heartbreak from the solos or how many times I failed. I want to get back into story writing now that I've gotten older and a bit more mature. So I might be right back with an Emerald nuzlocke :)

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Username: Strike The Blood
Version: Emerald
Single or Ultimate: Single
Optional Rules: Dupes Clause, Shiny Clause, White-Out isn't game over, Can't use pokemon higher level than gym leader and Champion.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Username: DefiningTheDecade
Version:
FireRed
SoulSilver
Emerald
Platinum
Black
X
Single/Ultimate?: Ultimate

The Opted Rules

• Nicknames are mandatory
  • Blackout is a Game Over
  • Games must be in SET
  • First seen, first caught
  • PokeCenter only
  • No Legends
  • No Dupes
  • Seperated areas (Route 4 for example) Which will be specified before starting each game.

I figured I would do a full ultimate so I can write out some strange intricate story about it.

The short summary if you care not for story:
Spoiler:

The Intro Chapters:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/1/The-Elite-Fear
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/2/The-Elite-Fear
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12848279/3/The-Elite-Fear

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Finally got this updated, but I'm sure I missed some stuff, so let me know if I missed you.
---------------------------------
Username: Volga
Version: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, White, White 2, Y, Moon
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Optional Rules: Shiny Clause, Dupes, Gym Leader Level Cap.

Years
I've been meaning to play Snakewood for a while now, so this is the perfect way to do it, right? XD

Name: James and Eevee
Game: Pokemon Snakewood(base: Ruby)
Callenge: Single
Optional Rules: Dupes, Nicknames, Black/Whiteout is Game Over

Years
Update the First
I'm playing Snakewood partially blind, so bare with me if something odd happens XD
Spoiler:

And the team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Put me down for Sun as my Generation 7 game for the Ultimate Challenge, please!

--

It's been...a year since I last posted here? And two years since I last posted an update about my Blue Nuzlocke? Now that I cleared out more games from my backlog, it's time to concentrate on the Ultimate Nuzlocke Challenge and get through all these games. Still have to buy X, though!

So we're going back to the very beginning with Blue. As I said, it's been two years since I last played it, so I decided to just start fresh with a better plan in mind. Named myself Hunter, the rival Gary, and my naming theme for the Pokemon is philosophers of religion (it was someone else's choice for me). Additional rules are:
-nickname all Pokemon
-level limit is set to each Gym Leader's highest-level Pokemon
-only five duplicate encounters for each route before I lose the encounter for that area
-game is over when I black out, even if there are Pokemon in the PC
-five healing item limit in battle

Update:
Started off with Charmander (Friedrich), since my trainer ID ends with five. Out on Route 1, I caught a Pidgey (Paquda), and grinded out a few levels for it. Once Paquda was leveled enough, I headed up to Route 2 to see what I could catch there. Found a Caterpie (Cardoso) and now have to level it up next.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Aaaaand the game broke. So I cannot continue the Nuzlocke. I'll probably start another one eventually, but for now, that's all I wanted to say. rip me

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It's time for the weekly...

Blue update:
Continued level grinding Cardoso to level 8, and decided that it was strong enough to head back up to the Viridian Forest to train there. Also, a new encounter! After four duplicate Caterpie encounters, I ran into a Pikachu (Tzaddik). Which meant that there was more level grinding, but that's always fun to do when a video is playing in the background.

With Tzaddik at level 9, headed up to fight the rival on Route 22. Tzaddik and Friedrich took care of both Pidgey and Squirtle with ease. That fight out of the way, headed back to Viridian Forest to clean out the trainers and make it to Pewter City. Then it was time for more training to get ready for Brock!

The entire team got up to level 12, and went into the gym to battle. The battles there were a little difficult, but Cardoso and Friedrich pulled through. Now with the Boulder Badge, Route 3 was next with all those trainers, and wound up at Mt. Moon where a Geodude (Craig) was caught.

More level grinding commenced.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Blue update:
Made it through Mt. Moon with very little issue. Really glad that Craig joined the team instead of a Zubat. Cardoso was also a great help against the Nerd at the end of the dungeon, where I selected the Helix Fossil.

On Route 4, ran into five Rattata in a row, so no capture there. The level grind continued to get everyone's levels up enough for the fight against the rival. Nearly everyone got to participate in that battle! The fights on Nugget Bridge weren't that terrible either, with Cardoso, Craig, and Tzaddik taking care of everyone. Once I reached the grass of Route 24, a Bellsprout (Kierkegard) was caught and quickly joined the team.

After rescuing Bill and getting the SS Ticket, it was time to recover the Dig TM. This allowed us to get to Route 5 for additional grinding. Along the way, a Meowth (Aristotle) was captured. The training on Route 5 got Kierkegard and Tzaddik up to a decent enough level that they could handle the Gym, and we left Cerulean with two badges in hand.

It was just a matter of using Craig to handle the trainers on Route 6 so we could make it to Vermillion City.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Name: Disturb Not The Harmony
Version: Red
Single/Ultimate?: Single
Optional Rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pok?mon.
No healing in battle.
I usually play with Dupes Clause, so Dupes Clause OFF here; if I somehow get Rattatas all the way down, so be it.

Going with Charmander because Blastoise and Venusaur are both capable of soloing Gen 1 with minor difficulty.

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Thoughts: Spearow and Diglett SHOULD be good to carry me if anything goes wrong, but it's really shocking how many Rattatas/Pidgeys/etc. you get without Dupes Clause...

Back