• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Trying to push the 30th release as much as I can. But the path to the 3rd city was so long, and filled with so many trainers, it was really draining. The path to the 4th city is Almost just as long. Also, after I'm done, I have to send the rom over to NO_Obslayer to insert the titlescreen. Luckily, he can do it within a couple hours. But sometime next week, you'll be able to play. That's a 100% sure thing. If it's not by Monday(30th) it'll be around wednesday-thursday(1st-2nd)

Good luck! long paths are always fun, but they suck when you're mapping them x.x
I hope you finish it by the 30th like you planned!

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I've been watching this for days. I see that the hack is almost done, when it gets posted, I'll try to make a video of it around August.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Will you release a 'how to evolve all the Pokemon guide' I think it'll be kinda hard to get a Porygon Z without one. Just a couple more days...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Glaceon12

Sure, although it isn't really needed. Must pokemon evolve by level & a few evolve by stone. Porygon will evolve into Porygon 2 & Porygon Z by level up. Most by trades in the orginal games will evolve by level up as well. Off the top of my head, I may miss some;

Level Up:Rhyperior, Steelix, Gengar, Machamp, Scizor, Mismagnius, Honckrow, Porygon 2 & Z, Politoad, Alakazam, Electivire, Magmortar, Gigalith, Yanmega, Gliscor, Kingdra, Ambipom, Mamoswine, Probopass, Escaviler, Accellgor, Magnezone, Dusknoir, Weavile, LickiLicky

Stones: (Don't worry, you get the stones pretty early) Gallade(Use the Moon Stone on Kirlia before lv30 or it'll try evolving into Gardevoir), Togetic(Sun Stone), Slowking(Use the Water Stone on Slowpoke before lv37 or it'll ty evolving into Slowbro), Tangrowth(Leaf Stone), Roserade(Sun Stone), Frolass(Use the Moonstone before Lv42 or it'll try evolving into Glalie)

Leafeon & Glaceon are their own pokemon in this hack. Eevee will not evolve into them. You simply catch them in specific locations. There's only a 2% chance of them appearing in the area though.

Believe I got'em all. The rest of the evolutions occur like they normally would in the original games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Yea, my previous post was meant for another Hack.
This looks great however and i'll definitely play it!

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Teacher, teacher I have a question... again. For the starter Pokemon, will their experience to level 100 be changed to a lower amount, or will it still be 1,250,000 exp to level 100?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Am I the only one who notices this. If you google Pokemon Dark Rising, it takes you to 4shared, and you can download it... Is that supposed to happen? I'm not sure about that...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_DylanRockin

I checked & saw that rom is the older, incomplete, glitchy rom I tried hacking a long time ago. It's in Tajaros's account as he was showing me some of his scripting skills using that rom as an example since it's an abandoned copy. That rom has no comparisons to the one currently being developed. The OWs, scripts, sprites, and tiles are from the first time I tried hacking. It'll be removed before the night is over, sorry for the confusion everyone. I advise you not to download it if you can, as you'll only be disappointed visually & the glitches will probably freeze the rom within 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
jkk8rp.png
I'm almost near the 4th major city. These guys are helping me get there. I've fixed every glitch & error so far that I've encountered playing through. Everything's coming out Great.

jh4ldj.png
Ha! FLORINA's Aerodactyl has a Choice Band on it & it's locked on Earthquake! Time to avenge my Blastoise. Archeops doesn't have it's hindering ability in this hack so it's very dangerous. IMO the strongest bird pokemon in the game(It has the ability Intimidate. What it should have gotten in the first place. Screw Gamefreak!)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
You recieve their fossils around the time of the first gym. The lab to revieve them from their fossil forms is in the 3rd major city. You can either pick the Plume or the Cover Fossils (Archen/Tirtouga)

GREAT NEWS!

Progress is going so good I can almost 100% garuntee it'll be released either Monday July 30th or Tuesday Morning July31st. I'm about an exit or 2 away from the 4th major city. No_Obslayer is inserting the titlescreen for the hack as we speak. After he's done(which'll be only within a few hours) I'll finish up the last city, add a few changes to some maps so it don't feel too empty, and that's it!

Here's some random battles through-out my long but very fun playthrough:

fmq78k.png
Dray's Emboar is no joke.
9u56qd.png
One of my Favorite Pokemon. Him & the main player make a perfect fit.
14k8y9c.png
The basic trainers you'll find on routes in this hack is a little different then the original pokemon games. The opponent's pokemon levels will vary depending on the type of trainer you face. For example, this battle is against a Youngster who usually has Watchogs by this point. But will occasionally have a GRASS/WATER/FIRE starter somewhere on his team. Very rarely though...
ib9q9x.png
This battle is on the same route as the one above it. However, you can notice the obvious level differences in the opponent's pokemon. That's because now I'm battling a Cooltrainer. Who usually has very powerful or rare pokemon that can do some heavy damage if you let'em.

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Hey, when will Mienfoo evolve at, still at LV 50, or a bit lower? Because it's kinda shocking for it to evolve at that level even though it has a high Attack stat.

Back