• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Tales of the Abyss is almost out for the 3DS! Who else is getting it? It's half the reason I got a 3DS in the first place.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm not. :( I probably will one day when I get a 3DS... maybe. My favourite part of Abyss was playing through it several times with my best friend. We still have so much fun recounting our epic fight with Nebillim... I think it was on unknown (or else I have no excuse for this next part). I was Jade, he was Guy, and his job was to run around her really close to keep her distracted and targetting him and my job was to switch between Jade, Tear and... I think we brought Anise... and have them continuously attack and heal. If I didn't watch the other two, they'd run up and attack for no reason. XD; The fight literally took over an hour of this and by the end, we ran out of life bottles and it boiled down to a casting battle between Jade and Nebillim which... even plot-wise would be so epic. n_n;; I had to cast mid-level spells so that I could attack and get the heck out of the way when she cast her high-level spells in roughly the same time. But after 10 minutes of this or something, I dealt the last blow and we were just so amazed that we did it.

...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer. And that's kind of the most important thing for me when it comes to Tales games. I've never played a main game all the way through with myself because it's way more fun playing with my friends. It's probably part of the reason I never finished any of the handheld games that weren't spinoffs. :x But regardless, the no multiplayer makes me sad and means it's not a "OMG OMG MUST HAVE".

If I give into my desires (which I really shouldn't because I don't have the money for them), I might end up with a Japanese 3DS eventually and if I do, I'll totally get Abyss 3DS on Japanese. VOICED SKITS. <3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well its that, and a couple of other reasons why I own a 3DS. :)
Now one honest thing: I hate Abyss's World Map. @___@ Like...urgh; I hate the framing.
I really hope they fix that with the 3DS version.

Nebillim's a tough cookie in unknown. @__@ I used Guy, Tear, Jade and Anise. Honestly...it took me 4 tries. :|

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
They did fix the framerate in the world map, if that's what you mean. :B

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer. And that's kind of the most important thing for me when it comes to Tales games. I've never played a main game all the way through with myself because it's way more fun playing with my friends. It's probably part of the reason I never finished any of the handheld games that weren't spinoffs. :x But regardless, the no multiplayer makes me sad and means it's not a "OMG OMG MUST HAVE".
omg, this. I have Legendia and Phantasia as well as Symphonia, Symphonia2, and Abyss, but I've never finished them. The reason being is the fact that Phantasia isn't multiplayer, and my sister never played Legendia with me (I'm not even sure if it's Multiplayer). XD;

Nebillim's a tough cookie in unknown. @__@ I used Guy, Tear, Jade and Anise. Honestly...it took me 4 tries. :|
Why thank you Shawn. Now I feel like such a horrible Abyss player. :( /never beat her on unknown, tymv

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
...but the 3DS version has no multiplayer. Not even local both-of-you-have-a-3DS-and-the-game multiplayer.

Wait...what? WHY!? H-how DARE they! That's just evil...Did they give a reason why?

Also, wasn't the Playstation version of Phantasia multiplayer?

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
They did fix the framerate in the world map, if that's what you mean. :B

Another reason I should get it then. ^___^
It was the only thing I didn't like about Abyss. :(

Why thank you Shawn. Now I feel like such a horrible Abyss player. :( /never beat her on unknown, tymv

I won't strike it against you. :3 I just ~barely~ beat her in Unknown. @___@

Cherrim

Years

omg, this. I have Legendia and Phantasia as well as Symphonia, Symphonia2, and Abyss, but I've never finished them. The reason being is the fact that Phantasia isn't multiplayer, and my sister never played Legendia with me (I'm not even sure if it's Multiplayer). XD;
I'm pretty sure Legendia has multiplayer. :s I hope it does since the only way I'm gonna get through that is if my Tales roommate (and possibly our other roommate if we can convince him) plays with me. ><; But yeah that's the same reason I never played Phantasia to the end. :/
on why?

Wait...what? WHY!? H-how DARE they! That's just evil...Did they give a reason why?
I imagine because they're lazy. Abyss 3DS is literally a straight port of the NA version. Nothing new was added except some 3D effects. Implementing some sort of multiplayer would not only be hard to envision (how would 2P see/play the game outside of battles?) but obviously more effort than they cared to put in. :(

Another reason I should get it then. ^___^
It was the only thing I didn't like about Abyss. :(

I won't strike it against you. :3 I just ~barely~ beat her in Unknown. @___@
No kidding. She's ridiculous. :/

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Legendia surprisingly does NOT have multiplayer. But I think the Playstation version of Phantasia did. At least I think it did.

Cherrim

Years
Really? :( I thought it did. Uggggh I guess I have no reason to keep putting it off now. But it was so hard to get into the first time I played when I was all excited for another Tales game. ~_~ Now that I think it's crap AND I have no one to make play through it with me... ugh.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I don't see how envision-less it could of been to implant a multi-player mode in Abyss in 3DS. :|

They could of just made it a download play. @___@
Or a Wireless link.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I just pre-ordered Abyss for the 3DS. I don't know why it wasn't on the list a few days ago, but now it is. ^_^

Cherrim

Years
Well they would have had to completely write new code to program in the wireless (of any sort) multiplayer, not to mention it would be a pretty huge addition and I'm not sure how much space is left on the DS card for that sort of thing. Abyss is a pretty big game, all things considered. :x Maybe there just wasn't room? *has no idea*

Wish they could've gathered the English cast back for it to record skits. ;_; That would have made it a day 1 buy and I would have a 3DS right now in preparation for it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Japan's usually the only one with voiced skits. Very few English ones have voiced skits.

Cherrim

Years
Japan's usually the only one with voiced skits. Very few English ones have voiced skits.
I know, but I still think it's dumb that they didn't voice the skits. They did for Legendia, iirc. (But then, they also left half of that game unvoiced, apparently, so I guess it's not a very good benchmark.) At least they proooobably will from now on since they were voiced in Symphonia 2. :s

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I hope so too. I've gotten used to silent skits but it's nice to hear voiced ones too. I still don't know why Symphonia 2 is the one of the only voiced skits but it was nice hearing classic Symphonia moments.

Back