• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese version of B2/W2

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I already imported my copy and it's coming in at monday morning. I'm constantly resisting my urge not to check Serebii for spoilers.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I have the Japanese version of Black 2 and plan on getting the American version of White 2

and people said studying Japanese in school was a waste of time, HA!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I played HeartGold in Jap, going mostly from memory of playing Crystal and my instincts as a pokemon gamer.

Let's see how Black 2 goes!

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i started playing japanese version and theres alot of pokemon that are good in beginning
i never believe a game have

mareep electric pokemon
patrat normal pokemon
Riolu fighting pokemon
Purrloin Dark pokemon
Sewaddle Bug/Grass pokemon
Pidove Normal/Flying pokemon
Lillipup Normal pokemon
way before u reach the first gym.
it makes me believe in hopes of having a ultimate team by midgame.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As I've done since HGSS, I'm importing a copy of Black 2. I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow, cause I'll be mad if it comes while I'm away for a week lol. I'll just ignore that I'm away and be like "OMG I WANNA GO HOME NOW PLEASE." But yeah, the good thing about Pokemon, especially in this day in age, it's not that hard to play along with a game you can't read. I get a lot of people that think I'm weird for playing it in a language I can't read, but that doesn't render it unplayable. If you've played the games as long as I have, you can kind of gather what moves a Pokemon is learning, what moves you're using, "yes" and "no" aren't hard characters to memorize, there's internet, etc etc. So it's not that bad playing in another language, you just miss out on story, which I don't really care much for in Pokemon games (sorry!). It's not a huge loss to me, so yeah. -goes to sit by the mailbox and wait-

droomph

weeb
Years
I couldn't play, haha :P It takes me forever to comprehend Japanese (I have the Japanese reading skills of a 6-year old with dyslexia) and I'm too interested with Japanese to let something like that keep me from understanding Japanese, so it's gonna take me forever to even get past the intro.

So I'll stick to English tyvm.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I get a lot of people that think I'm weird for playing it in a language I can't read

WEIRDO

But really, it makes sense. But my thing is, I'd love to read the story, and if I can't do that, the game is a little disappointing. I would order it, but only to have as a collective item, not as something that I'd play and really, that'd just be a waste of my time and money (that I don't have). So I'm just waiting until it's US release to play it.
It just annoys me if I can't read it, and plus if I don't know a Pokemon's moveset and it starts learning a new move, it'd be tedious to have to look it up and such. I'd rather just know right off the bat.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
No it is not worth it. For once pokemon has started to make engaging storylines with interesting plots, you cant understand nothing if you dont know japanese.(thats like playing a zelda game in all japanese which is impossible without help)

Im currently looking online for a free way to learn japanese but no luck
If only public city schools in my city offer japanese instead of spanish french and chinese

blue

gucci
Years
I've learnt from purchasing both HGSS & BW from Japan kinda ruins the game for when I buy it in english so I'd rather last out and enjoy it more in a language I can comprehend rather than go through having no clue.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I really don't get why people would get it other than for collecting purposes. It ruins the English playthrough like Vaporeon said and you'll miss half of the story. I don't really fancy having to have a walkthrough with me constantly either. Besides, why would you play the original version when you're gonna have to buy the English version eventually? That's a waste of money too, so no. And it's not like I enjoy these games so much anymore that I can't wait for the English version to come out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I imported Black and White from Japan. Gameplay was ok and yes I did have to look up walkthroughs but it didnt really ruin my English playthrough. Though it was longer a wait for the English version of Black and White. Seeing as its now 3 months till release of BW2 in the US, I see little reason for me to import the game. Its more expensive especially with the cost of shipping. I like having Japanese games for collectinf purposes, to connect to the DW and get Japanese events(over wi-fi) but thats about it.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I just got it in the mail yesterday.

Honestly, I got a little upset, but after looking up translations I'm very happy with the game. Its still the same thing, and I was so excited for it. The game is reaching my expectations, and I'm really glad I tried getting it early.

My little sister is getting White 2 in English for her birthday. She wants the japanese version, but honestly I'm making her wait because I know she'll be confused and angry she won't be able to read it X'D Silly

Back