• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@PinkYellowNideousWolf: Who's turn is it to post? I already posted a few days ago, so I'm wondering who's gonna move the on.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Crimson0191: Sorry, dude, but your Sign-Up is way too short! You've gotta put more details in if you want to hold up to the standards set in the SU Template. I'd like to think it would be funner to play a character you've taken the time to properly develop anyway.

@Eeveelution Co-ordinator: I like what I see, but once again it's kind of short. Do you think you could go back and add stuff to your history and personality sections, whether it be stuff you didn't bother mentioning, stuff you didn't think to mention, or entirely new stuff? I'd love to accept you, but there are quality standards in the SU template. I would also like to think you'll enjoy playing your character more if you develop them further.

Years
Applying for Teacher! Here's my CV xD:

Name: James Tate [Tate]

Sex: Male

Job: Pokémon Biology and Ecology

Appearance: Tate is an average height man, measuring about 5' 7'', and has a thin build. His skin is light bronze, because he's permanently outdoors, due to his job, and gets lots of direct sunlight. In contrast with the skin, his eyes are light green, but if the light hits his eyes in a particular direction, the color will change from green to blue. This happens, because he once had blue eyes and has the years passed by their color changed to light green. Tate's hair is dark brown and thick and, which can make it quite matted, especially by the morning.
He usually uses quite fine clothes, not too fancy, but not too modest, which he prefers to be somewhat practical for working on the field. People usually find him younger than he really is, giving him 19 or 20, when he's actually 25. He often wears an emerald bracelet in his left wrist and a notable feature is his cologne.

Personality: Some call him a dreamer, others think he's just a party animal, because he's rarely angry and very humorous, but Tate finds himself a visionary with a truly open mind, otherwise he wouldn't choose a career as an ecologist. He's also somewhat a lone wolf, but likes to work with other people, what he actually does when it comes to research. He just doesn't want to become compromised, since that could deprive him of his travels around the world and to the yet-to-be-discovered habitats of Pokémon.
When it comes to teaching and interaction with his students, Tate can be as authoritarian and severe as he is cheerful and joker. He gives his classes in a relaxed and calm way, but can quickly turn himself into a very demanding teacher, in order to press his students and make clear that they only achieve excellence, when their limits are reached.

History: Born in the town of Azalea, where he spent his childhood admiring bug and grass-type Pokémon, he was the fourth son of a lumberjack and a water-seller. Like already said, Tate was fascinated by the wildlife that lived around his town, which made him choose a career where he could in permanent contact with the Pokémon he most liked, despite the willing of his father to become a lumberjack like him and his brothers.
Tate met his Pokémon, at the Ilex Forest, when he was just a Karrablast. Like an ordinary day, Tate and his father went to the forest to cut some trees for making timber to sell. When his father cut down a tree, he didn't realize that a little Karrablast was just beneath it and Lance was trapped underneath the fallen tree, stunned by the hit. If Tate didn't shout at the precise moment his father was about to cut the tree on that place, Lance would be nothing but Karrablast Sashimi. Fortunatelly, the boy saw the Karrablast's little horns underneath the tree.
From that day on, Lance was in debt with his trainer and as so he does for his trainer what he once did for him: protect.
At the age of 17, Tate left his home and family to pursue his dream of becoming an ecologist and went to the Royal Academy of Pokémon Sciences, in the region oh Hoenn, to get a degree on ecology. Once the course was finished, he could finally return to his home and start finding a job in his home region: Johto. However, he wouldn't return to Azalea anymore, neither see his family again, due to a massive wildfire that burnt his home and town, killing both parents and his three brothers.
Tate, now being 21 years old, started to roam across the region of Hoenn, searching for a place he could set on, although he never found it. One year later, he received a letter from his mentor at the Academy, inviting him to assist him on his classes and eventually giving some by himself. He embraced the opportunity and for 4 years taught Pokémon Ecology at the Royal Academy of Pokémon Sciences. However, he wanted to explore other regions and so he traveled to Pallet Town, where he met Gary Oak who invited him to collaborate on his Pokémon Trainer Academy project.

Pokémon:

589.gif
Lance [Escavalier], Male, Lv. 35

Ability: Swarm | Moveset: Headbutt, Quick Guard, Slash, Twineedle

Personality: He's very protective with his trainer and assists him in the classes. However, he's kinda clumsy, because of his lance-like arms.

Dawn

Years
@codaq: Your SU looks great. Welcome to the RP. :P

@Everyone: Alright. Megaman suggested the idea of having 2 mandatory classes per day. On one hand, that gives more structure. On the other hand, that means that people have less freedom to do what they want. Teachers are already allowed to teach extra classes at will if student characters are interested. What do you guys think?

Years
@Yellow I think that it's a great idea! I think that having two classes a day will give the teachers more to do as well. It could be more of an option class though? So the first of the day is chosen by the GMs but the second one of the day is chosen by each individual. They could choose tue top 4 that they would eat to study and from that, providing that there is enough space per class, they could participate in one of the classes.
I know that it is fairly similar to what is in place already for the first class. But just an idea :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Yellow Yeah, I dig it too. Teachers will have more involvement and it would allow everyone to meet those they haven't interacted with yet.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
It sounds good to me, Although it may cause issues with those who have periods where they cant access PC for a few days.

Namely me, I'm away fri-mon most weeks.

Then again, the IC-days last for long enough so it may not be a problem.

About the classes themselves:
If we do decide on a system where our characters choose to participate in a certain class, but no one else does for that day, should we treat it as a one on one tutoring kind of deal, or just invent other classmates, or is either way viable depending on the posters preference?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Very great idea, Yellow! I'd give credit to Megaman first. It would give Kilik more options to do for the day then running around meddling in other's lives. :3

The 2nd class should be optional to RPers here, if they ask for one before the next day. I'd like to know what classes are available for the 2nd class so I can choose which I want Kilik to take.

Years
Hey everyone, I'm returning to PC and would like to return to PTA, day hasn't changed since I left so I'm going to be using my old character (SU Below) Looking forward to RPing with you all, new and old.

Spoiler:

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
hey, well i've decided to stop waiting for Rafael p, so now im gonna ask if anyone could please interact with Cecil in Oak Town.

Dawn

Years
@Codaq: There's no real need. Your character wasn't there for 'the story'.

That being said, most of what has gone on is character development I'm not going to attempt to summarize that because it's implausible. I will tell you that Team Rocket Spies are currently in the academy, entirely undercover because that's still relevant.

Years
Hey Yellow & Mega. I'd like to apply for a teacher spot. It's my current character's mother. Job would be Eggs and Breeding and all that surrounds those. SU is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

And if it's allowed I'd like her to be allowed to setup a daycare/breeding center near Oak Town seeing as, from what I can tell, the island doesn't have that service available.

Dawn

Years
@Kezius: Looks good! Your new character is accepted. Enjoy her!~ Also, about your question: Of course you can! With so many students, there's no particular reason I'd forbid multiple teachers of the same job.

@ShinyDiamond: Why would would Team Rocket take interest in someone for being serious? I don't even...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back