• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Here is a way to make the first gym battle (with Brock) a lot better than before if you haven't done it yet (I haven't tested the hack myself).
If you want to, you can make electric type moves do damage to ground type pokemon.
Check this tutorial for help: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83674

That's a very interesting tutorial, thanks. As many know, I've removed the Ground type from Pokemon like Geodude and Onix to make it more like the anime, but I also like this idea of changing how the Ground type is affected by electric attacks. However, I think there may have been times in the anime that electic attacks haven't worked.

According to bulbapedia:
Many times when Ash's Pikachu fights a Ground-type Pokémon, it uses an Electric-type move and it will cause damage.
Pikachu's electric attacks fluctuate between being able to affect Ground-type Pokémon (such as Brock's Onix and Roxanne's Geodude) and having no effect at all (such as Lisa's Quagsire, Rocky's Quagsire and Maurice's Torterra). The anime's explanation for this is that ever since Pikachu received a power up, it has enough power to override the immunity. However, no matter how much power it has, it shouldn't be able to affect Ground-types.

So I'll think about changing the properties of the Ground-type to not very effective when hit by electric attacks.

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
There's sometimes that's pikachu's electric attacks don't work in the anime
There was an episode that was part of the league I just don't remember if it was hoenn or kanto
Ash's Pikachu attacked a dugtrio and he said that Pikachu's electric attacks don't work on Dugtrio because he's ground type

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
That's a very interesting tutorial, thanks. As many know, I've removed the Ground type from Pokemon like Geodude and Onix to make it more like the anime, but I also like this idea of changing how the Ground type is affected by electric attacks. However, I think there may have been times in the anime that electic attacks haven't worked.

According to bulbapedia:

So I'll think about changing the properties of the Ground-type to not very effective when hit by electric attacks.

sounds kind of..idk.

but maybe you can insert an different onix into a place holder, and make it plain rock type or something. so it doesnt throw the entire game off balance

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
janik27

Really great job with the hack so far. really excited to play on. When will the next beta be finished and how long do you think it will take to at least complete the first season. Have you thought about making pikachu follow you like in pokemon yellow that would be awesome.

Also i think it would be great if you continued this into the johto seasons at least the first part of it, that would be great and im sure others would agree it woud make the hack feel complete overall.

Anyways these are just options. i really comend you for your hard work only wish gamefreak thought of doing this from the start, your hack is just more fun to play as you can fully experience the anime seasons.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2010
I don't know if anyone has reported this bug, but in the beginning, after Ash wakes up late, if you go downstairs and watch the tv it says something about the tournament or whatever (I wasn't paying much attention). Anyways after you're done reading it, your character can't move at all.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Really great job with the hack so far. really excited to play on. When will the next beta be finished and how long do you think it will take to at least complete the first season. Have you thought about making pikachu follow you like in pokemon yellow that would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about following on the last page. Something about people working on getting it to work for years but no one has.

Also i think it would be great if you continued this into the johto seasons at least the first part of it, that would be great and im sure others would agree it woud make the hack feel complete overall.

Why not just make a separate hack for that instead?

moonlight kitsune of the night sky

the guardian of the night sky
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 4, 2011
How far does this beta go? I just beat the kid with the farfetched and am stuck i can still move. but i'm a bit lost on what to do or even if i can move on.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
To be honest, Ground Types aren't supposed to be affected by electricity.
That's pathectic. I suggest that you DON'T remove Geodude and Onix's Ground Type.

How in the world is electricity supposed to affect Ground? Game Freak designed the
Pokemon games with a lil' bit of science, ya know. Electricity won't break up the ground ya know. It's supposed to be IMMUNE!

(The reason I said this in defense is because I like Ground Types and I don't want
my favorite types be removed.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
if you want to get around ground type use why dont you give pikachu iron tail.

moonlight kitsune of the night sky

the guardian of the night sky
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 4, 2011
thats a poor excuse and doesnt even matter at all.

I hope i'm not breaking any rules. I must point out this, AshGray is an anime hack, And a good one to boot. It follows the anime, That would be the reason not to give pikachu iron tail till latter in the jhoto or hoen league.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
pikachu has got slam thuder wave alot of game move from fire red and not iron tail which is also a fire red move.

Years
paras

when i battle with the girl at the herb shop and after I beat her paras the paras runs away and now i don't know how to find it because all the trees are empty...

help please!!! and a great hack :) waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than ash's quest or any other hack i've played.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
when i battle with the girl at the herb shop and after I beat her paras the paras runs away and now i don't know how to find it because all the trees are empty...

help please!!! and a great hack :) waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than ash's quest or any other hack i've played.

Keep checking. You can check the same tree over and over if you like. Paras will appear randomly - it's not in any particular tree.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2011
Hey Metapod23

when it says:
BETA 2.0

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden
Princess vs. Princess
The Purr-fect Hero

is that a indication to download beta 2.0 instead of 2.1?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey Metapod23

when it says:
BETA 2.0

Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden
Princess vs. Princess
The Purr-fect Hero

is that a indication to download beta 2.0 instead of 2.1?

No. Beta 2.1 is the latest version. Those 3 events will probably be a part of the next beta, which will be 2.2 I suppose, but were intended to be part of Beta 3.0.

I started working on Beta 3 and completed those three episodes for it, but had to stop after I applied JPAN's hacked engine to the game so I could update all the previous events - that's why they're crossed off, but they aren't a part of any current beta.

Years
Please would it either be possible to add a mart in between the cycling road and james's parents house? I can't catch an exeggutor for the hypnotist. Maybe he can give out pokeballs if you don't want to put a mart there

Back