• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
I kinda stopped watching after the GS era ended :/ I guess thats about when I didnt have time to watch after school every day anymore.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Yep, I stopped watching around midway through Gen 4 story. I just felt like there was soooo much side stuff and smaller plotlines. I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT!

B-L-A-Z-E

リズ
Years
I used to watch it everyday up until around the end of Johto. Seems I find myself watching it less and less as time progresses. I've been trying to get back into watching it regularly though.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I watched Pokemon for the first time on 7/11/2004.

In that time up to now I had never watched all the anime since I was in school and never had the time to watch all of it. In spring of 2009 I enrolled in a Chemical Science Program at my local university and in 2011 was awarded with a Diploma in Chemical Science (L5). In those two years of study I never watched Pokemon once and forgot about it - which was the best thing at the time for me.

Now I am on a break from school (the first one in like 7 years) I have watched Season 1 2 and 3 and going to start on 4 tonight.

I got the episodes from .......... and I'm guessing a lot of users here know what I am talking about ;)

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I still watch it, you know what was wierd. On Jetix, there once was a rerun from the 1st gen anime. Which is wierd cause it's really old.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I watched most of Indigo League through Advanced as it aired on Kids WB and then sorta dropped off... watched maybe two episodes and a movie from the entirety of Sinnoh online [the maid café episode and the Zorua movie and something else]... started watching Best Wishes, stopped at around episode 50... NOW I'M BACK and keeping up with my favourite team. :D

Years
I stopped watching the anime around the time of nimbasa. Up until then I had basically marathoned it from the beginning, watching every episode except the special ones, and one about some train in Sinnoh. I just got kind of tired of it I think, as watching all of it in a short timespan makes the anime feel verrrrry repeptitive etc. Also how it took like 200 episodes between gyms in Sinnoh or something. >_> And I think that just made me get tired of it, so I gave up. (Also at that point I had caught up so I had to wait a week between episodes which I wasn't a fan of haha :P)

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
It's one of the fews things on TV that is still going well...so I always watch just started watching it from the beginning recently Ash this is how you used to be lol

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I watched i think until half of the Sapphire/Ruby Arc, then i kinda grew out of it.
But i've restarted to watch it from the very beginning (:

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I started to get bored during the battle frontier and stopped watching it until the end of sinnoh. Seeing some of Ash's old Pokemon during the sinnoh league got me back into the series.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I loved the anime until around halfway through Gen IV, where my interest dropped quite a bit, I was finding the channel here which aired them, were repeatedly playing episodes instead of releasing the new ones and after a while I got tired of it. Other than that I used to adore watching the anime at any possible chance, although I still watch Best Wishes sometimes and catch up on what has happened so far. :x

Years
I originally watched it until Diamond and Pearl, then stopped watching it.
However, I've started to watch it again via the Pokemon TV app on my iPad, though I've mainly been watching episodes from Kanto and Johto and not even one episode of Black and White. (To me, it wouldn't be the same with Ash being the only original character that remains)

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
I stopped watching the anime after the current writers made Ash 10, and his Level 100 Pikachu lose to a ****ing lvl 5 Snivy. For long time fans this was a slap in the face.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I just wanted to add, it will be a wile before I "stop" watching Pokemon.

And I so wanna fly this beautiful Boeing 747-400

pikachu_All_Nippon_Airways_wallpaper.jpg

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I stopped after the Orange League, I just got pissed as Ash's horrible battle skills.
I'll probably marathon it, just to say I've seen it all.
The same way I did with Naruto, Shippuden and One Piece

Years
I still watch it and must say the current Unova season is the coolest of all due to many things. Cool story going, graphics improvement, animation is also super cool. I watched few episodes of previous season of Sinnoh and it was way bad. I also have all the English episodes of Unova Season

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2015
For me pokemon the anime died near the end of diamond and pearl. Tries watching a few episodes of black and white but ash being a complete moron again annoys me far too much. Most of the new characters suck(in my opinion).

Back