• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I feel so cheap for doing it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
Charizard y is faster then any rock user and all rock users are 1hko by him.

Base form Aerodactyl naturally outspeeds all versions of Charizard and is fast enough that it can use an Attack boosting nature and still be faster. Combine this with Char-Y's pitiful defense stat and it won't even survive a Rock Slide.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
So you are relying on stone edge which has a high chance to miss? Well I guess you would win half your games that way.

*80% of games that way. Stone edge is 80% accurate.

And with rock slide, because you don't need stone edge to kill a mega char y, who's so pitifully afraid of rocks he gets woozy watching little kids skipping them on a pond's surface, 90%.

And yeah, whomever mentioned Aerodactyl or M. Aerodactyl up above, hah hell yeah. They pretty much wreck M Char Y, outpseeding and ohko'ing.

git rekt son git rekt

30bp9oi.jpg

Last edited:

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
Nothing is unbeatable, you just have to be prepared and have a diverse team of pokemon who can handle certain threats that can wreck your team and luck as well as skill plays into these battles wheather it be a move hitting or critical hits and playing mind games as well as preserving pokemon who are the biggest threats to their team, like everyone says, even charizard can be beaten by throwing a rock at it or shocking it, heck I was in a rotation battle lost all my pokemon except my talonflame with gale wings and choice band against haxorus, mega garchomp low health, and infernape low health and I brave bird all of them and won, even in desperate hopeless situations, you can still win the battle.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Sounds like the biggest threats to your team (Dragons and Gliscor, as you said) are easily countered by azumarill. Waterfall, aqua jet, play rough, superpower and an azumarill wrecks shop.

Braxien

Banned
Years
I would recommend not following what everyone else does like a sheep when doing anything in life, even if it is competitively battling on a Pokémon game. I, personally, would stop using the Greninja and create a technique/strategy which can defeat other team's successfully.

Years
Well, the problem is that many Pokemon are just simply outclassed by others so they never see the light of the day in the competitive scene.

If you want to be unique and rely on the likes of Delibird, Castform, Lumineon, etc. to win battles for you then good luck, you'll get some brownie points, but practically you won't get anywhere with it against competitive powerhouses

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I would recommend not following what everyone else does like a sheep when doing anything in life, even if it is competitively battling on a Pokémon game. I, personally, would stop using the Greninja and create a technique/strategy which can defeat other team's successfully.
That's a nice thought, but it's much easier said than done. Like I said before, and like Aeroblast just said, not all Pokemon are created equally, so some are just terribly outclassed by others. It's not that its impossible to win with the "weaker" or less used Pokemon; its just a lot harder to do so, and requires far more skill and knowledge.....which the majority of competitive battlers don't have.

Braxien

Banned
Years
That's a nice thought, but it's much easier said than done. Like I said before, and like Aeroblast just said, not all Pokemon are created equally, so some are just terribly outclassed by others. It's not that its impossible to win with the "weaker" or less used Pokemon; its just a lot harder to do so, and requires far more skill and knowledge.....which the majority of competitive battlers don't have.

I suppose you're right. However, I look at life as if nothing is impossible. Something can always be done to make things better.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Lately, I have had a streak of wins. All I did was just follow the same formula as everyone else. Making a team of some of the cheapest pokemon along with my favorite Pokemon of all time: Arcanine!

My team has:

Gale wings Talonflame
Bullet Punching Mega Scizor
Adaptability Mega Lucario
Prankster Illumise
Life orb Greninja
Focus Sash Tyranitar
Choice Specs Jolteon
Choice Band Dugtrio
Multi Scale/Dragon Dance/Weakness Policy Dragonite

I mean, why the heck would we use any other Pokemon. When these CLEARLY were exclusively meant for combat (Sarcasm). All the other Pokemon were meant to be collected and NEVER used (Sarcasm). God I hate myself for using cheap teams.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
Greninja is weak sauce. My hitmontop's mach punch kills it every time unless they use mat block, which nobody in their right mind should use on a greninja set. Even then, it's just delaying the inevitable, seeing as how water shuriken, despite it's increased priority, does pitiful damage itself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Greninja is cool, but I imagine it will see a ban or restriction of some sort before next gen. Protean is a fantastic ability; but on Greninja it creates a niche that's hard to compete with. He is squishy; but with very good Special Attack and higher speed than a large percentage of the pokemon in the meta game, thr adaptability that protean gives is a massive game changer. This seems like an ability that belonged on a pokemon witb mid tier stats in survivabolity and offense across the board and a wide ability selection, to make it a viable damage soaker and a decent option as an adaptable check to missed niches. At current it creates a sweeper that OHKOs most of the metagame.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I was quite surprised to find how competitive Battle Spot was... well, the rated battles anyways. Whereas the unrated battles are frequently filled with ubers/starters, last I played.

An idea I would have liked: what if there was a Special Ladder that prohibited pokemon that were in the Top 50? Yes, this idea was influenced by the concept of tiers... I wonder whether people would like this idea, or feel like its a sellout.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Well I carry jolteon and mega charizard Y in my team and greninja gives me no problem. The one I do have a problem with is talonflame. Mostly of the time I use my focus band lucario and sword dance on the first turn and on the second turn I use extreme speed. No talonflame can survive this but if it is not their last pokémon they mostly switch out and mostly to pokemon with rough skin or something with rocky helmet and then I don't have any counters for talonflame. Talonflame is really overused and I don't really carry rock pokémon in my team. So I am considiring Armaldo because he is my favourite rock type pokémon and my second most favourite bug type.

Years
I don't really battle competitively, but as some people have said, it's about predicting what Greninja will do and knowing what move to use against it after it changes. But I vaguely recalled that it might be up for suspect testing with Aegislash...

Years
Well, you shouldn't feel cheap for doing this but if you don't like your team then, what's the point?

Right now, I don't use any Pokemon that's popular in rating battles (Double) (If you go to the Pokemon Global Link page you'll see the 12 most popular Pokemon)... I've won some battles and of course I've lost some. I could use a Mega Kang and a Garchomp but I don't like these Pokemon.

I care about points and I want to become my country's #1 player in rating battles but I don't want to do that using Pokemon I don't like. I think the Rating Battles system could be better. People had 1 battle, lost and still have more points than me.. It annoys me lol

Anyway, don't feel cheap for using Pokemon (and strategies) that are more popular than others. It's not your problem if the other is not ready to face you. Just have fun and use Pokemon you really like so you don't get bored! :)

Jarachie

Shocking, isn't it?
Years
I disagree with the idea of protean greninja, 1 its to OP, 2: it ruins the fact of it being a water type starter, I really hate that. Plus I don't really care if I win or lose (but if I lose over 9000 times in a row that's when I get angry) I just use the pokemon I like over or under used tier and try to beat up legendaries with em (my glaceon beat up a girantina before, my life is complete!)

Back