• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventure: The Kanto Journey (Sign-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Pokémon Adventure: The Kanto Journey

Welcome to the world of Pokémon. This is a wonderful world filled with strange creatures called Pokémon. Humans and Pokémon have grown close over the years and are now anything from simple pets, to lifelong partners who would do anything for each other.
Although human's and Pokémon are so close, there are some people who think Pokémon are meant for the sole purpose of being minions, used in the sick plots of fiendish criminals.
You have been selected out of many other trainer hopefuls to begin your Pokémon Journey here in Kanto, under the supervision of world renowned Pokémon Professor, Samuel Oak.
You will meet many wonderful people and Pokémon as you travel across the beautiful Kanto Region, collecting Badges from authorized Gym Leaders in an effort to reach Indigo Plateau, where you shall face off against rival Pokémon Trainers all striving to be The Pokémon Champion.

Starters

Fire: Charmander, Vulpix, Growlithe, Ponyta or Magmar.

Water: Squirtle, Psyduck, Poliwag, Tentacool, Slowpoke, Seel, Shellder, Krabby, Horsea, Goldeen or Staryu.

Grass: Bulbasaur, Oddish, Paras, Bellsprout, Exeggcute or Tangela.

Electric: Pikachu, Magnemite, Voltorb or Electabuzz.

Ground/Rock: Sandshrew, Diglett, Geodude, Onix, Cubone or Rhyhorn.

Note – Once a Pokémon of a certain type has been chosen, no-one else may choose a Pokémon of the same type. But, every Pokémon that has been listed as a starter will be able to be caught later on in the Role Play.

Bold = Taken

~~~~~

Sign-Up Form

Name: First and last
Birthday: Day/Month/Year
Appearance: Describe what your character looks like and wears
Personality: How your character acts and whether they're friendly, grumpy, etc
History: Just a bit of a back-story, how/where your character grew up and things about family and friends, etc
Starter Pokemon:
Trainer Card:
RP Sample: Just to give me an insight as to how you RP

~~~~~

Trainer's (5):

Zeke Richards - played by Kevmysta

Ash Lightnin - played by Pika_Master414

Chris Evans - played by Rubii Naruto

Benny Bradley - played by Bigwig

Jarves Cortell - played by Loopy Legend

~~~~~

Note The Roleplay will begin once all 5 people have signed up, been accepted AND had their sign-up forms moved to the OOC thread.

Last edited:

Loopy Legend

A Living Loopy Legend
Years
Name - Jarves Cortell (Alias) - Loopy

Age - 16 (Do we gotta be 15 i love being a little older lol doesn't matter though.

Birthday - 4th of Feb

Appearance - Standing 1.56m tall with a medium build, Jarves has brown hair and blue eyes. Jarves wears dark red shirt with a symbol of a sun on it in bright orange, with a black zipper jacket with red lines down the sleeves. The jacket is most of the time unzipped and looks pretty dang cool lol. Jarves also wears long black trousers with dark red lines down them, with black shoes on his feet. He also wears silver bandanna on his head.

Personality - Jarves has a huge heart and is very kind, always cheerful and happy, Jarves likes to look on the bright side of life. He takes things 1 day at a time and is a little absent mined sometimes, specially when comes to a sense of direction.

History - Jarves grew up and lived like most normal kids going to school and having great times with his friends. Jarves works in the family restraint where he has learnt to cook, not just for humans as pokemon are allowed to eat at this restraint. Well known round town the Pokemon Eat Inn gets allot of business, as it is well known for great food and service.

Growing up with his best friend Growlith Jarves decided to go and chase him dream of becoming a famous pokemon trainer and famous cook. Before Jarves set out he got a necklace from his dad the family symbol of the sun, his dad said that its up to him to discover what the symbol means.

Starter Pokemon – Bulbasaur

Trainer Card - Will be in sig till i get 15 posts and can post ULRs

Rp Sample - Jarves was out on his morning jog with his pokemon Growlith, the sky was clear and there was just a little breeze to make this a fine day. Jarves and Growlith joged down the dirt track road just out of Viridian City, small dirt track through a forest. Glowlith stoped for a second and stared into a near by bush, Jarves stopped to see what Growlith had found in the bushes. "What have you found in that bush Growlith", Jarves said as he approuched the bush. Moving some leaves and branches out of the way Jarves saw a injured Oddish, Jarves picked up the Oddish and gave it a pat on the head. "Dont worry Oddish we will get you some help so you just hang in there", "Growlith lets head for the pokemon center fast." Jarves and Growlith ran down the road heading for Viridian city.

(ok try that)

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Loopy - If you must be 16 thats alright. The appearance, personality and history contain some spelling and grammar, there are a few too many for my taste. Trainer Card. Finally, the RP sample is way too short and i don't really like how you use colours to show speech, i'd simply prefer quotation marks.

Overall - Denied
But, don't give up. Just fix up the things that i've listed and you may get in.

Loopy Legend

A Living Loopy Legend
Years
Well you did say example of your way of Rping lol thats way i used to lol but no problem i can easly change.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Yeah, but i meant.. the way you describe what is going on in the RP. Not like, the different ways you colour code punctuation and stuff.

Loopy Legend

A Living Loopy Legend
Years
That example not what you looking for? And as for the trainer card you want me to make 1 with Glowlith on it?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
The RP sample is just... everything is too rushed and there's no description. *facepalm* The trainer card shows which Pokemon you've captured in the RP and since your starter is Growlithe that's who you put on the card, you'll add more Pokemon as you catch them.

Loopy Legend

A Living Loopy Legend
Years
So more detail in the sample? or am i going about it all wrong, i got about 4 years of Rping exp. But i not getting what your trying to say sorry.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
So you've done a Pokemon RP before, right? With 4 years experience you should be a lot better then you're showing in your RP sample. I have 11 months RP experience, Sims 2 for 6 months and Pokemon for 5 months, but i can strongly say i am much better than you.
You need to space out your writing and add more detail. I'm sorry if you're getting offended by any of this, but for 4 years you're obviously not showing me your full potential. And, if this truly is the best you can do, then i'm sorry but you musn't of learned much in your 4 years of RP.

Once again i'd like to stress the fact that i'm not trying to be mean. If it seems like i'm being harsh, then i don't think this RP is for you.

Last edited:

Loopy Legend

A Living Loopy Legend
Years
4 years but this is my first go at pokemon and i can do loads more detail but thing said a sample so i only did a short 1 lol. Now i getting what your trying to say let have a real go at it lol and no offence taken.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Sign-Up Form

Name: Ash Lightnin (lame, I know)
Birthday: April 14, 1993 ( i guess it takes place this year?)
Appearance: Ash has always looked intimidating to approach and talk to. Standing at 5'7, she is a little tall for her age. Ash always wears the same black hat and black shirt to match. She also wears red pants. She sometimes looks scary because of the fact that she never smiles and her sharp, serious eyes. It has always been something she could never help.
Personality: Ash has always had a complicated personality. She has always been shy and rude to people by accident because she doesn't know how to approach people with a greeting. This doesn't mean though that she is an extremely friendly person who tries to be nice to people who she even hates. Occasionally, you will see Ash do something extremely micheivously and crack a joke if she's just in the right mood. Ash hardly knows anyone or accepts anyone as her true friend, but when she does, they are extremely close and Ash treasures them more than anyone else would normally.
History: Ash was born and raised in Vermillion City living with her parents and two younger twin brothers. Ash discovered pokemon for the first time while exploring the beach when she was six. She slipped into the water and almost drowned until she was saved by a star-shaped pokemon called Staryu. Fascinated by these amazing creatures, Ash visited the beach everyday and played with the many different water pokemon that were on the beach.

Ash's only friends were the water pokemon until her parents sent her to pokemon school when she was 10. At first she complained, but her parents forced her anyway. There, she spent the first few days in the back of the class, isolating herself, until the teacher made an important announcement one day that changed Ash's life. She announced the arrival of a new student all the way from the Johto region, a boy named Andrew. At first Ash didn't care, but she changed her mind soon after.

After the first day Andrew arrived, Ash went to the beach as usual and saw a shape across the beach. Ash looked and saw an average sized boy dark black hair and a huge grin on his face. Ash saw that it was Andrew and he was completely surrounded by the same water pokemon. Ash saw that he shared the same love of pokemon that she did, so she gave both of them a chance and sat next to him. It turned out that Andrew was an extremely friendly and funny guy who made Ash laugh a few times for once. Just after that one meeting, Ash and Andrew became best friends and grew up together with the love of pokemon.

Five years later, Andrew came over and declared a huge challenge to Ash. He thought that they were both ready to become pokemon trainers and even had potential to become the most friendliest and talented trainers ever. He made an even bigger challenge then; he wanted them to become rivals and see who could be the best. Ash smiled and accepted his challenge.

Not long after, Ash got prepared for her journey along with Andrew. They both headed over to the lab, but Ash got left behind after a distraction. She headed over to the beach one last time and said good bye to all her pokemon friends. Then, one of the pokemon wanted to go with her. It was an extremely small krabby that Ash had always favored. Taking it with her, she headed towards Pallet Town. She was ready to start her journey and and be better than her best friend and new rival.
Starter Pokemon: Krabby

Trainer Card:
464166600b1870ab75a91add12b9d73b.png

RP Sample:

From the Johto Saga
"Pichu, what is this place?"

Gold looked around at his next destination. Just seconds ago, when he was walking through the gate, he figured that he would be coming to a town, but instead came to a place that looked like a wasteland.

Gold pulled out his PokeGear to check where he was. "Ruins of Alph…" he mumbled. He looked around curiously. This place was apparently some ancient ruins which meant maybe treasures and rare pokemon. "This place could be interesting after all," said Gold.

The two looked around until they came towards a cave. Pichu leaped off of Gold's shoulder and pointed at the cave while bouncing up and down. Gold looked over at his small electric pokemon and sighed. Looking at him reminded him of that time Poliwag was excited about the Dark Cave. It turned out to be horrible, but Gold figured that he never would have found Pichu if Poliwag hadn't talked him into going inside.

Gold walked over to Pichu and poked his head inside the cave and was relieved. It wasn't really a cave, but a small room, and it was lit up. Gold nodded at Pichu and walked inside to look around. There wasn't much that Gold saw at first but a large tablet. Then he saw the walls with a strange design on them.

"Pichu, look at this," Gold said in awe. He examined the walls carefully and saw a strange pattern on them. The looked almost familiar…

"Wait, I know what this looks like; the letters of the alphabet!" Gold exclaimed. He pointed to one of the pictures on the wall. "See, this looks like an "A!" And this looks like a "V!"" Gold paused and looked confused at the walls. "Wait, could these pictures be pokemon?"

"Pichu!"

Gold whirled around and saw his electric pokemon standing on the tablet. He leaped in the air excitedly. Gold walked over and looked at what Pichu was standing on. It looked like nothing more than a scrambled up picture.

"What is so special about this?" asked Gold. "It's looks like nothing more than-"

Pichu slid one of the pieces across the tablet. Gold looked astonished. "Hey, this is like one of those sliding pictures I used to play with all the time as a kid! Hey, Pichu, help me solve this. Maybe something will happen."

Gold and Pichu slid the pieces around starting at the bottom and then going up until Gold slid the final piece, solving the puzzle. The picture looked familiar. It was shaped like an "A" with an eye at the top.

"It's one of those letter things again," Gold said. He wondered what the whole point of the puzzle could be.

Then, Gold heard a strange noise coming from in front of him. He looked up and saw a strange event going on. The wall looked like it was dissolving into a purple light. Then something came out of it; a creature that looked like the letter "A."

Gold quickly pulled out his pokedex and held it up at the creature.

Unown, the symbol pokemon, read the pokedex. Shaped like ancient writing, it is a huge mystery whether the language of Unown came first.

"So, these letters are pokemon," said Gold. He pocketed his pokedex and pulled out a pokeball. He was curious how this pokemon battled. "Go, Bellsprout!" His new plant like pokemon appeared.

Unown focused up its energy and shot out powerful balls straight at Bellsprout. Bellsprout was hit by the attack and was sent slamming straight into one of the ancient walls. Unown prepared to do it again.

I think this is the only attack this pokemon can do, Gold thought. "Bellsprout, bat the attack away with vine whip!"

Bellsprout extended two long vines and used them both like bats to smack away the attack. Then Bellsprout extended the vines even longer to wrap them around Unown and fling it into the wall.

Unown recovered and sent out the attack again. Gold looked intense and was ready to end the battle with this round. " Bellsprout, use your vine whip as a spring and then attack!" Gold shouted. Bellsprout folded her vines together and just before the Unown's attack hit, Bellsprout shot herself into the air to dodge the attack. Then she swung her vine to slam Unown into the wall again.

Bellsprout landed on her feet and Gold waited to see what the Unown did. It slowly stood up and the wall turned a different color again. The pokemon dissolved into the wall after it looked at Gold one last time with a small bow. Gold nodded his head as he watched the ancient pokemon go back to its place on the wall.

Gold left the cave happy as he could be. He looked over at Pichu, who was on his shoulder. "Wow, Pichu, I'm really glad we went in there. It was really interesting to learn about the Unown. Just proves that there are lots of interesting pokemon out there." Pichu happily responded and Gold continued to walk through the ruins onto the next route.

ooc: Wow, that was long

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
(Remember me Kevmysta?)

Name: Christopher Evans
Birthday: 2/23/1992

Appearance: Chris is 5'7" tall and has light tan skin, from being in the sun just a little bit in his life. Chris's hair is a nice golden brown, and is a little spiky, but not too bad.His eyes are a nice brown, but there are streaks of red in them. He isn't very muscular, but isn't really too skinny. He always wears a black shirt with a logo that looks like three chains, each wrapped in circles, all next to each other in sort of a triangular pattern. The front of the shirt has another chain, but wrapped like a triangle, with the words 'better to be a triangle then a circle'. His pants are also black with the circle triangle on the left side, and a triangle on the right. His shoes are also black, but they have a very small writing that says "triangle= originality" and "circle= imitation".

Personality: Chris isn't the nicest person to meet, having grown up in the Pyrite Orphanage. He doesn't make jokes and treats people with disrespect. If someone gets to open up, which isn't likely then you would know that his personality was caused by the rich people in Agate. Chris just despises rich people, since he thinks that they think that they're better then him. Chris may be cold, but if you really get to know him, then he can really be a good guy, but no one knows that because they're afraid of him. He views the Snagem and Cipher members as 'rich class' and despises them as well.

History: Chris was born in Phenac City, on a full moon. The doctors were puzzled about his eyes, but thought nothing of it. After a few days his parents took him home and they lived in peace, for a month, when three bandits came in and killed Chris's parents. The bandits also stole everything and dropped Chris off at the Pyrite orphanage as an act of suposed kindness, but the years at the orphanage were not good at all. Chris was subjected to beatings from the other kids, and the management, for being the weakest, but also the most rebellious.

When Chris was thirteen, he ran from the orphanage and lived deep in Pyrite, so he wouldn't be taken back. Soon enough, Chris found three kids like himself, and started to make friends with them, but in a month, the same kids started to beat him up and throw him out. Chris had had it and had stolen a lot of water, food, and a big backpack from a store and went out into the desert on his own. His food and water rations were gone in a month, but that's all it took as he made it to Agate somehow.

But after getting to Agate, the kids saw him and made fun of him for being poor, but Chris dealt with it until he was nineteen. There he stole a few thousand from the rich kids and bought a hover bike and started riding around Orre, a month later Chris got bored with the Orre Region, and snuck on to a boat to Kanto, Chris had to leave the bike behind, but he didn't mind. In a month, he walked to Pallet Town, to get his first pokemon.

Preferred Starter: Pikachu​

RP Sample: Three days after falling through the trap door...​

Zane sat there, not really doing much. After all, he has to keep up his strength for an escape attempt later today.​

The door opened revealing a Cipher guard with a plate of French Fries. "Heheh, I bet you want this, eh?" Asked the guard, Zane just stared at the floor not listening to the guard, besides... he was allergic to potatoes. The guard started to frown before slamming his foot into Zane. "You listen to me when I say something!" Yelled the guard, but Zane didn't listen he was thinking of the Ralts from a few days back.​

'I hope you got away...Riku.' Thought Zane, but the Cipher agent slammed his foot into Zane's stomach once again. "Hey, don't you need to keep your 'experiments' at peak condition?" Asked Zane as he pushed off the guards foot.​

"Not with traitors." Said the guard before dropping a piece of bread. Zane tried to get it, but the guard stomped on it tainting it. "That reminds me... you haven't eaten since you got here, have you?" Zane just ate the smashed bread, ignoring the guard. "What!" Yelled the grunt before kicking Zane aside once more. The guard took the rest of the bread and flushed it down the toilet.​

"Heh, do you have water?" Asked Zane trying to keep his cool. The grunt sneered before walking out of the room. A minute later the guard came back with the water.​

"This is the last fluid you'll get until after the procidure." Said the guard giving Zane the glass. Zane gulped down the water, before tripping the guard. "Eh? Wh- what's going on?" And in a few minutes, the guard was lying in the cell, unconscious.​

"Well, well. Looks like you'll be the experiment." Said Zane as he sealed the door. After a few minutes, Zane saw a guard station. "Crap, how am I going to get around this." Hissed Zane to himself, but if the fox-girl got through then he would too. Zane took out a knife he stole from the guard and snuck towards the guard station. But when Zane got close, he saw that the guard was already dead, appearantly from old age because he was old.​

"How fortunate for me." Said Zane as he walked through the guard gate, but before he got through, he grabbed a map, and a flash bomb from the table. "The only way out for me is... the air ducts, but there is only one climbable air duct down here, and that is in the employee lounge." Lady Luck appearantly smiled on him as the employee lounge was only a floor above him.​

Zane ran down the hall, and got to the stairs, but that was when he was noticed. "Hey you! Intruder!" Yelled a guard, before pressing a button calling three more guards there. " Get him!" The three other guards ran towards Zane, all with knifes.​

"Shelgon, come on out!" Yelled Zane. Shelgon came out and threatened the grunts with his claws. "Let's go!" Zane returned Shelgon, before starting to run, but his belly was on empty, and he tripped onto the floor. The four guards easily caught up to Zane, but the man held them off with his knife.​

"Sneasel, come on out, and use Shadow Rush!" Yelled Zane. Sneasel popped out of the pokeball and slammed into the guards, knocking them out." Zane returned Sneasel before she could really do anything to him. In a minute, he got to the air docts, unscrewed the bolts, and climbed out of the dungeon, and the warehouse. But he was surrounded by Cipher agents.​

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" Asked the member in gold. Appearantly this guy was a captain.​

"Actually, yes... this was pretty easy." Said Zane before setting off the bomb, blinding all of the agents. Zane was able to get through the grunts, and out of the alley before they got their sight back.​

Zane ran down the street until he came upon the perfect place to hang out for now... the Krabby Shack.​

Trainer Card:
ebe12850a03874482ee63f7bf2ed5be7.png

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Name: Benny Bradley
Birthday: 20th of May 1993
Appearance: Benny has brown hair and brown eyes. Wears a white hooded top and brown shorts that has a pocket on his right leg. He also wears brown shoes.
Personality: Benny has a happy-go-lucky nature, but he was at one time such a shy kid until his parents and their Pokemon helped Benny overcome this, especially when he went somewhere.
History: Born in Vermilion City, Benny lived in a house not too far from the school he went to. Finding it easier to make friends now than in the early half of his life, he had two friends that he often was seen with in and outside of school thanks in part to what his parents did and most of all what Benny himself will do with his starter Pokemon in the near future.
Starter Pokemon: Charmander

RP Sample:
Martin eventually arrived at Olivine City where the S.S. Aqua was docked for the duration of the Pokemon Swap Meet event. He walked further into the room where many trainers were gathered to find a place to sit down. Moments later a boy trainer came running over. "Do you have an Houndour? If you have, I would like to trade it for my Quagsire" the boy said.

"I have a Houndour, sure." Martin said making their way to the machine that will do the trade. Picking out the Pokeball that had both Houndour and Quagsire inside from each of their backpacks, Martin and Timothy placed their pokemon onto the machine which quickly made the transfer, having the Pokeball that contained Houndour drop down in front of Timothy who picked up his newly-received Pokemon turning towards the person he had just traded with. "Thanks. Take care of my Pokemon." Martin said agreeingly as he took his pokeball from the machine, with Timothy replied the same with a nod as both trainers returned to the table that they had been sitting at when they both first had come aboard the ship.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Pika_Master414 - Ash Lightnin... what a creative name! Jokes aside, that was a great sign-up and i have no doubt that you'll do well in this RP. You're fantastic in Zimvee's Kanto Region and pieCakeyy's Johto Saga. Therefore - Accepted

Rubii Naruto - How could i forget you Rubii? You're one of my favourite RPer's, along with Pika_Master414 and Got-a-Plan-B. Great sign-up too by the way, but i did notice one little mistake. In the last paragraph of Chris' history you said, "but Chris dealt with it until he was nineteen." According to you Chris is only sixteen, i'm sure it was just a typo though. Anyways - Accepted

Bigwig - Hmm, where to start? Your sign up is substantially shorter than Pika_Master414's and Rubii Naruto's, and you have picked a Pokemon from the same type list as Loopy Legend. Although, i would like to get this RP underway, but i can only choose one person who has a fire starter. Out of you and Loopy Legend you are - Accepted (sorry Loopy)

I will now update the Trainer's list with your information, then we only need two more people to sign-up before the RP begins.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
No Loopy, you're not out. If you still want to be in this RP you must; change your Pokemon to a different (un-chosen) type and add a Trainer Card.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Loopy - Against my better judgement - Accepted

I have decided to take part in my own RP, therefore all 5 trainer spots have been filled. The RP will begin shortly.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
.... I see this is the original thread where your plot is located.

Please keep OoC and Sign-up threads in the same location. No need for two. <_<

And um, the plot you provided in this thread is way too short, so I would suggest making it considerably longer, if you were planning on submitting it. :/

-closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back