• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
i'm stuck on mount krystal. i'm walking in this abstract place with what looks like greyish-white clouds as the tiles? some you can walk on, some you cannot. its like having invisible walls everywhere. and theres also a TM there, but i can't reach it because i have no idea how to get there. someone please help? and i cannot play it on VBA. it just shows a black screen, nothing loads.

Try to get a good website to get a good Ruby Rom.

You must be bad patched the Ruby Rom.

But I won't tell you where to find a good Rom though! :badsmile:

mach8822

:O :O :O :O :O
Years
Eh, is the game suppsoed to be glitch city after you beat the four Dragon Gods?
One: When you return to the town, the man has been thrown back in time to the map where Rosa newly evolved.
Two: When you batte the four Elemental Guardians, they're all level 5 and unconcious Pokémon can battle.

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
hey Time, just found out about tis version, started it now, and got stuck at the Breatherna event, the events to the sides, trap you.

But, i got passed it eventually.

EDIT: then I find out that Groudon wont let you past.

EDIT2: Oh, I should have explored the rest of town first :D

EDIT3: (so many viewers, but noone posts) WHAT! are you serious, facing a team of Lvl 100s?

EDIT4: Sigh... also, in "Destiny" - the map lets you walk anywhere?
You can see where the Diark event is held.

EDIT5: Oh, and theres nowhere to train...

Last edited:

mach8822

Years
You can make anything a training platform as long as you have a Healing Plant or Healing Stone.
I leveled everyone up at least 15 levels so I could best the Dragon Gods.
And I was in the room right before the Dragon Gods at the time.

Years
I just finished the hack, and here are my thoughts to it.
I really like thishack. I prefer this to the actual mystery dungeon game. the sprites and tile sets aee nice. there seem to be too many 'heal plants' around, making the game a bit too easy. the opening title screen could use some work. same with pikachu's house tiles. they seem a bit GS style (old school style) instead of being nice and pretty like the rest of the tiles. I'd also like a chance to re-name the rescue team. I do however like the difference of personalities in Torchick and Chickorita. That's another thing I think I'd might like, being able to choose the two pokemon you begin with. I 'The World of the Dead' cute. I don't know why, but I found it funny. I found the fact that you just go and fight your fellow pokemon weird though. would all the 'wild' pokemon just attack you, or do they have some sort of reason? This also seemed a bit platformy... like most of the RPG elements were taken away. I think this, because you can't seem to catch your own 'wild' pokemon, you are stuck with the set pokemon the story gives you. and you can't seem to go to whichever area you want to go to on your own. I think my biggest qualm is the face that you can't catch your own pokemon.
some of the scenes... like when you are in the dream after being caught by the hunters, or when you are falling seem to be too long. if it wasn't for the turbo button, I would have quit right there.

but seriously, I really enjoyed this hack. good job!

Pokémonlegend222

Latias4Ever!
Years
OMG!

people, when you end the game, you can't go to the pc! and don't talk to eevee at the Square because you will be teleported to the forest AND WHEN YOU STEP DOWNWARD ONCE, YOU GET TELEPORTED TO DESTINY AND GIRATINA WILL BE THERE WITH CHAOMEGA, AND THE DRAGON GODS AND THEY ALL BATTLE YOU, THE WORST PART IS, THAT THEY'RE ALL LVL 100!!!! (the dragon gods are all except the one you chose to be with you) HELP ME, I CAN'T BEAT THEM!!!!

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Whoa!! never saw that coming.... all, you mean... all of them are lvl100?

and....
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible. Can't wait.

One tip, though: make Pikachu's sprite smaller. You must!
(He doesn't have the cuteness that a Pikachu deserves...)

actually, if you make it smaller, you can't actually see it... too small-too bad
and theres no more sprite space in the game, so stick with it

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Whoa!! never saw that coming.... all, you mean... all of them are lvl100?

and....

actually, if you make it smaller, you can't actually see it... too small-too bad
and theres no more sprite space in the game, so stick with it

Yeah, so that's why I'll have to use Savestates a lot of times to beat that thing!!

mach8822

Years
Hmm, I didn't see the 1.7 patch...
But even with it around, if still leads you to the glitched town.
So, you can really only go forward...
you should really give us a way to heal the Pokémon
It's hard to take on the four Guardians with just a Dragonite with half it's health.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
yea i completed it man those lvl 100 gods were hard now im walking to where all the mission were that the team has done and the texts come again but the fights dont is that a bug of also part of the game? anyways great hack cant wait for LOG

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Time, I'm glad RD-RR is on it's pre-final version now. You've worked hard to complete 2 hacks. I'm going to look foward to LoG.

~KuroDragoon3

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
uhhh i got a problem im at the tower of fate and im stuck at the tan rock right before the stair case i cant get to the stone that makes it dissapear and a green rock is blocking my way back help please

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
uhhh i got a problem im at the tower of fate and im stuck at the tan rock right before the stair case i cant get to the stone that makes it dissapear and a green rock is blocking my way back help please

I need a screenshot, if you don't mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back