• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
In my opinion, I see the shining charm as a thank you gift from gamefreak to all the players who have dedicated time to play the game and complete the pokedex, it's also a prize to reward the player's effort and make the player enjoy more the game.
I'm sure the creation of the item was because of the low probabilities of encountering/catching a shiny and because there are people who hunt these pokemon, after all there are people who like shiny pokemon for many different reasons, and that led to the creation of different shiny pokemon clubs like this one.

Well it's just my opinion.

By the way, congrats to all new catches.

Cya everyone and happy hunting.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome back, Le Krome! I don't remember you, sorry.

I'm fine with the addition of the charm. It makes it easier, but it's still not easy, and it's hard to get. It's unlikely that I will ever see every Pokémon in the Pokédex, so it's unlikely that I'll ever get it.

Litwick: 2,790

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I would like to join in this club.

Obtained Shinies

Magikarp:
Spoiler:

Currently Hunting: Shiny Tepig in Nuvema Town

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Im back from vacation (again) as usual
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 9113 SRs
Gulpin - 300 MMs
Viridian Forest - 260 REs
And about the whole Shiny Charm thing this is the only thing I'm gonna say about it... if you don't like it (like me and several others it appears) you don't have to use it you can still hunt shinies like we have been and it will all be the same.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
*drops in for monthly post* :pink_laugh:

*doesn't read posts mentioning BW2* :P

Not much new for me. I'm (still!) training a Kingdra to level 100 for my 4th gen competitive team hoping to find a shiny in Mt. Silver, and I encountered a negligible amount of Golett in Dragonspiral Tower.

It's a new month, and you know what that means!!

The July Monthly Quest!!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain one Fire-type shiny and one Water-type shiny. Get that Water shiny to cool you off during these hot summer months!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on August 1st, 2012.

Spoiler:

Congrats!

An extra congrats to Chr. Draco for completing the Unova starter set!

"lol" at Keruso getting two shinies in the same post! :cer_laugh:

Spoiler:

Welcome to the SHC! I wish the best of luck in your hunts!

Wow, surprised to see this still here... haha... Well, I dunno if any of y'all remember me, but if you do, I love you. If you don't. Hi. And I still love you. But yeah. I'm back into this charming little game. I've actually been playing it a lot lately and have been shiny hunting again for a while now but haven't gotten anything even though I've been into it again for at least a month. Right now, I'm mainly going for Dialga because I haven't had a chance to use the other DS in my house to go for either Kyurem or a shiny HGSS starter. I'm also saved in front of Articuno in LeafGreen but haven't touched that for quite some time. Whatevs. So how've y'all been?

Welcome back!

Someone motivate me to continue till Snivy shines!!!

I love your FMA theme! Go for a Fire-type in honor of Roy Mustang! :)

It counts for the monthly quest, too!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
To complete this Quest, you must obtain one Fire-type shiny
Well awesome, I've done that part! :D I have gotten this on the 2,317th soft reset:
Spoiler:

I used a master ball cause I completely freaked out :P And yes, I love not saying what shiny it is and making you have to open the spoilers. Lol. Sorry for not including a picture of the initial encounter, I wasn't home at the time and I only got a really blurry picture of it in my phone (shaky car pictures ftw). I named it "Arco Iris" which is Spanish for "Rainbow".

Last edited:
Years
Well awesome, I've done that part! :D I have gotten this on the 2,317th soft reset:
Spoiler:

I used a master ball cause I completely freaked out :P And yes, I love not saying what shiny it is and making you have to open the spoilers. Lol. Sorry for not including a picture of the initial encounter, I wasn't home at the time and I only got a really blurry picture of it in my phone (shaky car pictures ftw). I named it "Arco Iris" which is Spanish for "Rainbow".

All my grats b/c I love that shiny.

Eh, I suppose if you're gonna have a contest that includes two of the three starter types I might as well be EZmode scum and switch back to the Johto Starters in HG/SS. I wouldn't be surprised if I got Chikorita though, because a) Why would I get the type that the contest calls for b) why wouldn't I get the one shiny starter I had before again and c) why wouldn't I get my least favorite of the three? tl;dr, I want a shiny soon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-07-01213510.jpg

2012-07-01214041.jpg

2012-07-01214059.jpg

Found this last night, but my phone was having an issue with sending to Photobucket, which i then fixed

FINALLY!!!! Now i dont have to see Chargestone cave for a while...... I really wanted Tynamo, but i'll take Joltik. i already moved to Route 10, hoping for either Bouffalant or Rufflet

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I swear keruso is either lucky or a complete hardcore hunter.

Nothing new here... Driving me mad. Spiritomb is just never going to shine.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
2012-07-01213510.jpg

2012-07-01214041.jpg

2012-07-01214059.jpg

Found this last night, but my phone was having an issue with sending to Photobucket, which i then fixed

FINALLY!!!! Now i dont have to see Chargestone cave for a while...... I really wanted Tynamo, but i'll take Joltik. i already moved to Route 10, hoping for either Bouffalant or Rufflet

Are you freaking kidding me?

Bulbasaur is currently on 580 MM.
30 Litwick MM, but I've put it on hold.
Almost a year of SRing the Johto starters. I've decided to MM a team for SoulSilver until it shows. Anyone suggest a good Fire or Electric shiny?

Years
Congrats on the shiny Joltik!

I am further being scum by switching from Articuno to Moltres in LeafGreen. Although I was wondering - how exactly does the RNG on FR/LG work? There's no clock you set like in Ruby or Sapphire, and I know it starts once you hit A/Start on Charizard/Venosaur, but I'm not sure as to how it exactly works. Does it repeat frames or if I just constantly press B to skip history then mash A for the encounter will I be good? I don't want to do what some people did in Emerald by constantly trying to get a shiny with no such luck, so yeah...

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I just beat the 1st elite four and wanted a shiny charmander. But i went to the G.T.S and couldn't find any shinies. I have found one legit shiny but forgot to save. I do not have any shinies and not really anything to trade, but I really want a shiny charmander please help me. Thank you.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Freedom! Hello welcome back my missing power because of storm.

I admit no news on the shiny front, three days with no power to cause distractions... and of course I hadn't charged up my DS and couldn't even play that. *sighs*

Welcome to new people, did we get any... I hope so.

Congrats on every-ones new shinies... and on a side note, gah, that Joltic is so cute! *coughs*

Going to toss in my opinion of the Shiny Charm on B2/W2, I agree that it takes a great deal of work to even get it onto your game (though if it were available on B/W then I'd have it on Black already) I will be getting the item (oh the pain of all that transferring again...augh) on one copy, and use it... I still haven't seen any shiny on the 5th gen games. I might finally get the Litwik once I have the Charm. Because really 100% chance of encounters... and still no shiny.

Have a happy 4th to all who are celebrating!

- - - LDD

Shiny Litwik hunt OVER! (sorry don't own a camera)

Male
Hardy nature
Hatched (thank you Matsuda method)

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans!

Congrats on the shiny Joltik, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Litwick, Lady Demoonica Darkmoon!

Welcome to the club, midnightclub 324!

I finally beat the Elite 4 (post story) on White after 700 hours of gameplay. It took me a long time to get around to it. I have three level 100 Pokémon on my team, so it was easy. As for my Pokédex, I only have two more Pokémon I plan on adding to it, hatching an Azurill and using a Thunderstone to get Eelektross. I have to clear space in the PC to MM again.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Oh my god, I used to be in this club ages ago when dinosaurs walked the earth. Guess I should rejoin.

I own no shinies but the Pidgey I found on a ROM whom I forgot to save the game with. I'm currently hunting Cobalion and Suicune, both whom have over 100 SR's.

Shining charm looks awesome.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Flying type hunt? I better finish up Suicune and get on to Articuno/Zapdos.

[imghttp://oi45.tinypic.com/29vxlx0.jpg][/img]

This is really cool. In Japan, they're making shiny plush of the Unova starters. Only 1000 of each will be made. The Snivy is so cute!

Flying type hunt? I better finish up Suicune and get on to Articuno/Zapdos.

29vxlx0.jpg

This is really cool. In Japan, they're making shiny plush of the Unova starters. Only 1000 of each will be made. The Snivy is so cute!

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I'm sorry that i haven't been on in a while but i was on vacation for two weeks. I found the shiny deino after 7,789 RE's. I'll try to be more active.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I'm sorry that I haven't been active on here lately, but that's been because I haven't had any shinies. I'm happy to report that that has changed:

mii5p1.jpg

I got a shiny Piplup in my Platinum game today after 10.5 MONTHS of SRing (I started this hunt in August 2011). Unbelievable, I'm still freaking out about this! He has a Bashful nature and I'm naming him Napoleon. This is officially my longest hunt ever!

More pictures:
Spoiler:

I will be moving on to SR Giratina next.

As for my other hunts, I'm at 6.5 months of SRing for Snivy in Black (hoping he'll take a hint to HURRY UP from Piplup), 1 month of SRing for Registeel in Sapphire, 1199 Ponyta eggs and 1192 Blitzle eggs in White, and about 3 months of REing in Pokemon Tower for my LeafGreen badge quest (though that is a low priority right now).

Congrats on all of the shinies that have been posted since I was here last, and good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Back