• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
The quintessential question of all questions when new games are announced. Which version game will you choose?

Will it be X? Y? Both? Neither? You decide, and why?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I tend to get whichever version is the first part of the duo, like Red, Gold, Ruby, etc. So I'll end up getting X more than likely. If version exclusives come up ahead of time and Y has better exclusives from the looks of it maybe it'll change my mind though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
All my life i've been picking what version to get depending on the version exclusive pokemon/legendary.
This time I'll just go ahead and get both, problem solved

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the letter X but I prefer Y's legendary. I'm leaning towards getting both but if not only X. :)

Years
I will get both games, but the one which will be my main version will be decided by the version exclusives.

I do love both Xerneas and Yveltal though.

Years
I'm getting both, as I always do. And I may even get more copies than just two. Every set of games except FRLG and DPPT I have at least one extra copy. (I have more than one Red, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, SoulSilver, White, Black2, and White2.) Chances are that I'll end up with multiples of these games too. I guess which one I end up with more of will depend on the version exclusives. Since we saw lots of old Pokemon in the previews, and the even number generations tend to have old Pokemon anyway, I'm hoping to see some of my Hoenn favorites, since Hoenn is my favorite region with my favorite set of Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was going to say I usually get the second of the two games but that wouldn't be really true.

It was: Yellow, Gold, Sapphire, Diamond, White

For the first games I got from each generation, so it's more of a mixed bunch. It's too early to say really, it'll depend on the version exclusives (probably the locations because I can always trade for pokemon)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
For me, there isn't enough information for me to decide which game I'll be picking up. All I know is I'll pick up one of the versions at launch and hopefully my twin bro will pick up the other version like we mostly do.

Years
I've actually just came to the conclusion that I'll be getting both games. It'll be easier to complete my project that I've never done before, which is to collect every single Pokemon that there is on my Pokemon Y (which will be my main game) and I can just use Squirtle and Charmander as starters, which I've been doing since the Firered and Leafgreen days, then use Froakie on my Pokemon X version. :)

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
To answer my own question, I'm actually getting both. However, one will belong to me ─ not sure which version I'm getting just yet ─ while the other will be owned by my sister.

zebraskin

Um... I like pizza!
Years
I really wasn't quite sure, at first... I like both of the cover Pokemon a lot. Xerneas reminds me of Harry Potter for some odd reason - I think it's because it looks kind of like a stag - and Yvetal being a bird-like thing draws me toward it since I have five birds jacking my living space. So I'll probably buy both, since I'm horrible at making decisions (or rather just too lazy to think it through) although I'll start with Y, I think.

NINTENDO, WHY MUST YOU MAKE IT SO HARD TO DECIDE!?!? aslfj;aldkfj;

Back