• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need serious tech help!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Right now I'm typing this on my 3DS. I have Internet on it, but there's things I can't do and I have no idea why. I can't connect to the E-Shop, I can't get into that Nintendo Pass thing, I can't do anything but go on the browser! This means I can't trade Pokemon or battle with people across the world, right? What do I have to do to get all that stuff? I'm dying here, guys! I'm a dinosaur with technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

AntimatterAsh

Antimatter thing.
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Try updating the operating system in the settings. I had this problem. If it doesnt work, you need to power on while pressing L R, A and Up on the dpad, at the same time you need to power it on, while still holding the buttons, so push and hold all the buttons first, then get someone else to tap the power button for you, and wait till the update screen comes up.

Hope this helps!

Snowdrop

Years
My system is already updated. When I go to the main start screen of my DS Pokemon games and mess with Wi-Fi settings, it seems to want me to have a WEP security code instead of my WPAK2 (AES) security. So since all my Pokemon games are for the old DS, is my Wi-Fi too updated for it or something? Can I get a WEP security code or will I need, like, a new router?

Snowdrop

Years
If I configure my router to WEP, will I lose my WPAK2 AES setting? Wont I lose connection to the Internet on my 3DS and Wii if I do that? I'm so confuzzled >_<

Back