• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create A Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
That sprite honestly looks incredible, I'm sad to have not been a part of it! I had no idea the game had restarted haha. There's nothing I could add to improve it though, so let's start on a new sprite.

HUdNSUh.png

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
Years
This is how they should create new Pokemon.
Get about 20 to 30 artists together.
Draw a random scribbly line.
And tell them to get to work.
They each add on, pass it down the line, and when it's done, have some other artists screw up the colorings but keep it looking nice.

Throw out half of them after a week's work, and BAM!

Generation VII!

Years
This should be my last edit for a while, so others can get in on spriting.
Leaves, petals, fluffy fur tufts, fins? It's all still up in the air
tr7e.png

Oops, that's weird, the canvas size was increased, please reduce it back to 96x96 please. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

FluorescentMunchlax

(aka Joltiikk)
Years
Someone needs to make a game with these in it once we have a lot!

You know this is a great thread when someone with art skills as bad as mine can still help.

This is how they should create new Pokemon.
Get about 20 to 30 artists together.
Draw a random scribbly line.
And tell them to get to work.
They each add on, pass it down the line, and when it's done, have some other artists screw up the colorings but keep it looking nice.

Throw out half of them after a week's work, and BAM!

Generation VII!

I know right!

The actual thing
I dont even...
View attachment 69791
Tried to spice things up a bit and make it more interesting... I guess its like a pot belly...

Sorry for double post but it wouldnt let me put new attachmetns onto the old post, so here is the thing ive been working on.

SNEAKPEAK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
I'm not sure about 96x96, it's big right ?. I use 32x32 grid in PS , brush : pencil 1px -> start drawing and saving by index color , png format

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Umm... Added more to the lower body, gave it some wings and some wrist spikes, also does somebody wanna to do some feet, I'm not good with feet.
tBxJugR.png

Starting to look like a Grass/Dragon
Needs expanding on the legs

(124x80)

Last edited:

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
^ Dude, I think you added too much. Also try to keep it in the 96x96 grid.

4GqWS.png

I took a shot at the feet, although someone can change it if they don't like them. Also, do we need to remove stuff and make it 96x96 again?

Years
Yes. Please keep it 96x96 for consistency. This sprite can continue, but from now on no canvases larger than 96x96. And 96x96 is the current (if not 100x100) sprite size for the Black and White 2 games.

Anyways, here's the first .GIF:
smbxxh.jpg

Completed by:
FluorescentMunchlax

also, the current sprite reminds me of a mother-style mob. ahaha :D

ps. try to keep your extra posts like game screenshots apart from here unless you include a contribution. You can also use
IMG*] (remove *) tags to post images instead of attachments, but that's just an alternative.

Last edited:

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
4HPPi.png

I tried to touch up some of the details, and I thought that the viney hands would look cool.

Honestly, I'm not liking this sprite too much :/ could someone experienced give some suggestions?

Years
Deleted Anything that went outside the 96 by 96 canvas.
Moved Wings to fit canvas.
Simplified jagged lines with trying to keep the essense of the pokemon intact.
Tried to make it editable for others.

note: Next time someone adds too much especially when it goes outside the parameters, revert to the previous poster's addition and moveon from there. It ruins the fun for everyone else when the game is hijacked.

erger_zpsd24a9925.png

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Ok Small Edits, small minor edits

Such as fixing those hands which are for questionable intentions, also gave it a little thing... I don't know what to call it, it's the bit in the middle just under the petal collar.

ThRqNMd.png

Also it is still in the 96x96 Grid, and do we want to consider adding colour soon or leave that till later

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Fenneking and Serperion just made this sprite look waaaaay better than it did before :D

I don't see anything that couldn't be fixed with a bit of color, so is it color time?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Just waitaminute I altered the perspective a bit to make it look more like a battle sprite. Also minor outline changes.

ThRqNMd_zps2b351950.png

Yeah add colour now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back