• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Café Rouge | Kalos Adventures | OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Here it is. I'm not sure if the time frame is alright (since I haven't played X and Y I'm not sure of when it takes place). Please let me know if it needs any changes.

Character form:

Name: Victoria "Vicky" Powers
Task Force: B for Assault
Badges gathered: 3 – Cliff, Psychic and Grass Badge
Appearance: Although Victoria's love for the outdoors may make people think that she is the kind of person who wears sport or outdoor clothes almost all the time, she greatly dislikes that type of clothing. She would rather wear a fancy outfit, consisting of a dark green cocktail dress and a black overcoat she'll put on when it gets chilly, usually accompanied by a black woollen scarf. Her shoes are dark green as well, to match her dress, and sometimes a bright green ribbon can be seen adorning her wavy, shoulder-length, chestnut hair, which is cut and styled by none other than herself.
As for, well, the other part of her looks, Victoria's height is about average, standing at 5 feet tall. Her build is slim, as she has been keeping fit by training with her Pokémon and travelling. Under her piercing brown eyes, however, there are some heavy bags, which come from her lonely, reclusive upbringing and have failed to disappear. She will use some dark green shades to hide them in certain occasions, such as when there is someone she fancies or when she is at meetings.

History: Victoria is not from Kalos. She was born in Goldenrod City, Johto, and moved to Lilycove City in Hoenn when she was five. Her father was a judge at the Contests that were held in the city's famous Contest Hall, and she grew up being very fond of Pokémon Contests and Coordinators. It all changed however, when one day, in Sootopolis City, a legendary battle which caused the weather in Hoenn to go berserk between Groudon and Kyogre took place. Young Vicky was greatly disgusted by the whole turn of events, and upon learning that two evil teams -Team Aqua and Magma- were to blame for the incident, she lost all interest in contests, and instead decided to pursue strength, so as not to allow any evil team to affect nature's balance ever again. While her ambitions were big, she was not old enough to be a Pokémon trainer, and her desire grew into what someone would call an obsession.
Years went by, and Victoria's mind had not changed a bit. Although there was peace in Hoenn, she continued to worry about evil teams that would upset nature's balance. Her parents even prevented her from getting a Pokémon, considering that their girl's mental state would only bring problems to the Pokémon and herself. Teenage Victoria was forced by them to stay in her room, against her will, for most of the day, in an attempt to 'cure' her; however, this only fuelled the girl's desires and dreams. At nights, she began to sneak out of her room while her parents slept, and during that time she befriended and secretly adopted an Oddish.
By her sixteenth birthday, her mental condition, according to her parents, had worsened. She had become more estranged, and the few friends she had in the early childhood were no longer her friends. The Powers didn't know what to do about their teenage daughter, and were still unaware of her Oddish. After some discussion, they resolved to hire a psychiatrist that would watch her every move. Victoria overheard this and, completely against having someone onto her 24/7, snuck away one night with Oddish and never returned. The runaway girl had finally started on her own journey, and roamed the world with her Pokémon on the lookout for any suspicious teams that would threaten nature.
Time passed, and Victoria had arrived at the region of Kalos, having drawn there by its beauty. She roamed the region, challenging many trainers and looking for any people that could be suspicious of being part of a group like Team Aqua or Team Magma. She even managed to gain some badges from local Gym Leaders. During her travels in Kalos, a group of individuals who dressed in orange suits and shades drew her attention, and instantly grew suspicious and obsessed about them.

Pokémon form:

Species: Vileplume
Nickname: Hope
Estimated level: 50-55
Moves: Petal Dance, Sunny Day, Solarbeam.
History: Victoria found an abandoned Oddish and adopted her as her own Pokémon at the age of eleven. Having finally obtained a Pokémon of her own in spite of her parents being against it, she was named Hope because it symbolized the hope that Victoria had in leaving home and starting her journey. Hope evolved into Gloom shortly after Victoria arrived in Kalos, and later into Vileplume when she was exposed to a Leaf Stone, after her trainer earned her Grass Badge.

Species: Floette
Nickname: Letts
Estimated level: 25-30
Moves: Wish, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind.
History: Victoria came across a Flabébé when she was at an orange flower meadow and instantly fell in love with her. She caught her without hesitation. Being the newest member of the team, Letts is not as strong as Buzz or Hope but can hold her own in battle with her attacks. She evolved during Victoria's battle for the Cliff Badge, and was a key component in taking down Grant's Tyrunt and weakening his Amaura.

Species: Ninjask
Nickname: Buzz
Estimated level: 35-40
Moves: Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Double Team.
History: The first Pokémon that Victoria caught was a Nincada that she named Buzz. He evolved during Victoria's journey through Kalos, and after evolution she had trouble handling his powers, but after defeating Olympia she earned the Ninjask's respect and he became a vital part of her team.

Sample Roleplay:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Victoria is accepted, Mick Fizz :) Feel free to post in the IC thread.

Pacifist, your sign up still needs a bit more development. Your history is very brief and reads more of a list of battles/places visited rather than really defining your character and how their past has shaped them. I'm also finding your roleplay sample quite hard to read due to the lack of paragraphing and the fractured grammar/punctuation usage.

Let me know when you'd like me to take another look at it, keep editing for now :)

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, but I was curious if I should post again for later in the day? I know people have important things to do outside of PC, and I respect that, but the last couple of RPs I was signed up for died before leaving the starting gate because some people didn't post in time :/ .

Again, I don't want to seem impatient or pushy, I just don't want this thing to die. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A lot of people are still to get intro posts up, but you're right. I think it's best if you push on with your posts. There /will/ be an update later in the week.

*depending on how long PC's downtime lasts*

Last edited:

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Ok i understand, looking at it it was actually a really bad developed character and history that dint really went the way i wanted it to do, so i decided to create another character this time a girl since i noticed this RP lacks girl characters.
Oh and i added a Personality section to my SU just to show some features about her that i had difficulties to fit at the History section, hope you don't mind

Character

Name: Ao Tezuki
Task Force: Team B
Badges gathered: 1 badge, the Bug badge
Appearance: Ao has long, wavy and ginger hair that looks really well treated, she is taller than the usual for her age and lean with deep brown eyes and a medium sized chest, she normally wears a plain magenta shirt and a white jacket with jeans and shoes of different colors, always shoes never sneakers.
Even though Ao has an unfeminine way of dressing her face looks really pretty and feminine.

Hair(Please notice, thats not Ao its just an example of her hair):
Spoiler:
History: Ao was born in the Kalos region at Shalour city, but she was born blind, after discovering that her parents abandoned her at the Reflection cave, she was still really young she had practically no chance to survive but at the Reflection cave she met a Mime Jr who carried her to the nearest town, Geosenge town, Mime Jr didn't know what to do so he wandered around the town clueless until an old man noticed Mime Jr and decided to help, that man was the one Ao always called dad even though that she knew that he wasn't her real father, Mime Jr stayed with them too and he made a strong bond with Ao, but Ao still was sad, not about her Parents because the old man and Mime Jr are a family for her, but about her blindness she really wanted to discover what the world looked like, this was when she was about 7 years old, noticing that Mime Jr started to train his psychic abilities, he trained them to a point where he could give Ao vision, not really vision but something like it, using its psychic powers Mime Jr could transmit some information to Ao's Brain so Ao can see silhouettes and have a brief notion of color at the start Mime Jr could do it 1-2 hours a day, now days he can use it 7-8 hours non stop, but it wasn't her vision it was Mime Jr's vision, because of that Mime Jr is always at Ao's shoulder, Ao was really happy and when she made 15 years she decided to go on a journey to explore Kalos and meet new Pokémon since her bond with Mime Jr also made her love other Pokémon, she had no interest about gyms but she battled the first gym just to see what it was like, Ao likes to battle overall but she has no interest in becoming the champion, she explored the Kalos region during 2 years and met many people and Pokémon and she knows almost every place from Kalos.
Personality: Ao is always happy and the kind of person that always seems to get along with life, always very active she loves to explore and battle and its the kind of person that never stay quiet when something bothers her, she isn't good with technical stuff and such she likes more to do than to think, that sometimes gets her on trouble, shes very willed and when she wants something she always do her best for it, at the other side if she doesn't really want something shes almost useless so she dislikes obligations and such.
Pokémon
Species: Mime Jr
Estimated level: about 45
Moves: Psybeam, Role Play, Substitute
Note: Mime Jr is never used in-battle since its more of a Pokémon to support Ao than to help her in battles

Species: Murkrow
Estimated level: about 45 too
Moves: Wing Attack, Assurance, Roost
History: Murkrow was caught at route 16, Ao really wanted a Murkrow but since Mime Jr's only offensive move cant hit it she just tried her luck and threw a pokeball at Murkrow, since then Murkrow is Ao's only battling Pokémon. they have a very strong bond and Ao always trusts him, Murkrow really respects Ao even though sometimes their thoughts differ they both always seem to solve the problem.
Roleplay Sample:​
Spoiler:

Quick note: even though Ao shows more of her comical potential at the RP sample she has a lot of possibilities at a more serious side too and i plan on using those, if you accept me of course :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's improved, certainly. However I think we have a problem for the sample roleplay.

Your first sample was in a much better style, I don't really want posts written in 'script' style as it cuts out so much information. Try rewriting what you have, but in paragraphs.

Years
Sorry guys but I think I'm going have to drop this role play. I just can't find the inspiration to continue with my character.

I wish you all the best though! :D

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
It's improved, certainly. However I think we have a problem for the sample roleplay.

Your first sample was in a much better style, I don't really want posts written in 'script' style as it cuts out so much information. Try rewriting what you have, but in paragraphs.

Ok but i will take a little bit to write another sample since im going to travel today, im pretty sure that it should be ready until Tuesday so if you could reserve a spot at the Beta team that would be very much appreciated.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'm gonna make a post about Victoria arriving at Lumiose City on Wednesday-Thursday, school is cramming this first half of the week with stupid final exams so I have little to no time for being creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back