• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Neo Team Plasma

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Did you like their dramatic shift from seemingly helping the Pokemon, to trying to take over the world using the power of the legendary Pokemon Kyurem? Did you like the new Plasma boss, Colress?

In my opinion, Plasma were a fairly different team when I first heard of B/W. They looked like they were on the good side, trying to help Pokemon get away from bad trainers. Then, you see a completely different side when you see them take away some Pokemon. In B/W2, they turned into a generic team - Take over, steal Pokemon, ???, profit. What do you think?

Discuss.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
Years
I really liked Neo Plasma, because their drastic shift from pseudo-humanitarians to outwardly evil-centric antagonists coincide with N and N's false ideals being absent and Ghetsis completely taking over. And if I recall correctly, on the frigate in BW2, there are many members that mention that they know what they're doing is wrong, but feel that don't have much of a choice. Team Plasma has so much more depth than say, Galactic or Aqua/Magma, so I didn't feel that they were generic in any way. They were significantly more cruel than the previous evil teams have been, and their hypocrisy adds a different level to their iniquitous nature.

Colress was a great character, and not just because of his amazing battle theme. He's not a "bad" guy, despite working alongside the bad guys. He doesn't necessarily side with the protag or Plasma, as he is only interested in science and acquiring knowledge, doing whatever he believes is necessary to further his personal agenda. He's multifaceted, which is something we've never really seen.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
The dramatic change was due to Ghetsis's change in plans, or rather in the way he was pursuing said plans to conquer the world. The only difference was that in BW, he was hiding his true intentions by fooling N and using him, while in the sequels he just... goes crazy, literally. As for the grunts, I guess they too were fooled, and while some are now trying to redeem themselves, i.e. Rood's followers, the others chose to stay with Ghetsis and Zinzolin.

As for Colress, I love how he isn't siding with anyone ever, he's only interested in his scientific goals. I feel like his character has quite some depth, like N (whom I would've liked to see a lot more in the sequels), and even Ghetsis and the sages.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I myself quite liked Colress, the way he was actually neutral, how he doesn't care about Plasma's plans, and was only focused on his scientific efforts. It's sad that they kind of butchered his personality in the anime, as he just became a generic mad scientist.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I liked Neo Team Plasma better than the original Team Plasma. Neo Team Plasma is more evil and scheming as compared to the original Team Plasma. I do prefer the B2W2 Plasma battle theme to the BW Plasma theme, it's like more of an epic remix of it. Sadly, you can't hear it anymore in the aftergame :(

Also, I liked Colress, not just his battle theme but also his depth of character and how he actually disliked Ghetsis when he joined Team Plasma. He was only focused on his scientific talent rather than siding with anyone.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Neo Team Plasma's change from the original Team Plasma, as it shows Ghetsis' slippage from sanity. I also like how Colress was a surprise boss towards the climax of the game.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Team Plasma "Classic" had a more original plan than the usual bad boys, but the new team plasma was just ruthless and evil in a traditional way, so i guess i like them both. I really liked though how in B2 there were ex-members that now worked for the "good side" and were against neo team plasma, i think this was a neat detail

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I like them both, Just played through white before I start black 2 but I kinda feel for some of the members of plasma

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I have to admit, I kinda saw it coming. I mean, Team Plasma started out trying to save Pokemon, only to have Ghetsis reveal his real plan at the League. If that wasn't the biggest hint for a split, I dunno what is. And that's not to say I knew there'd be a White 2 and Black 2, but.. yeah..

Back