• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours & Fusions Thread

Years
Welcome to the new Recolours and Fusions thread where all your fusion-and-recolour-posting needs belong here! I decided to do some cleaning and wanted to start fresh with this thread seeing how the old thread was a couple years old.

Rules & Guidelines

Official Pixel Art rules apply

Official Pokecommunity rules apply
This means that regardless of what you post, it must be contain 4 words and 25 characters the very least. Try to make your posts constructive as well to help the artist. This also includes no bypassing the rules as well such as the repetition of a certain character:
4 words/25 Characters bypassing said:
The sprite is goodddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

Uploading
When posting your sprite, you can upload it to various websites such as TinyPic or Photobucket. Use IMG tags to help you post your picture (sprite); to do so, use the IMG bbcodes
Code:
[IMG]Picture URL here[/IMG]

Posting

Just to clarification this place is only to post sprite recolours and fusions. If you would like to post your scratch (meaning work produced without the use of other sprites and pixel art in our case) then do so in the Spriter's Showcase Thread. And any discussion about Pixel Art programs, Pixel Art, spriting tips, etc. can be done in the General Pixel Art Discussion thread.

Definition
Recolours can be considered a broad term for a type of sprite, but for clarification what examples that should be posted here are

• Flat out recolours like changing the palette, body colours and shades of an existing sprite. Note that it does NOT only have to be a Pokemon sprite and it could be a sprite from another game that is recoloured such as Sonic sprites. Seeing how it is a Pokemon forum, Pokemon is expected.
  • Shadow Pokemon, patterns, Retypes*, Outlines
  • And fusions included in this thread. Amalgamations* are allowed.
* an amount of detail and scratch work would be required to consider it as original work

-----
Having an all-in-one thread for fusions and recolours help prevent clutter here in Pixel Art. Recolours and fusions are great and all but showcase threads are mainly to show original work including scratch work-- we wouldn't want hundreds of threads containing just fusion/recolour work. Keep in mind if you want your own showcase you must contain 4 original/scratch work, after that you may post as many fusions and recolours you'd like in your showcase thread.

OP of old thread
Spoiler:

Keep pixeling!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Alright, to get the ball rolling, I'll post some of my old (emphasis on OLD) fusions here because these are the ones that need improvement and can bring out the critic inside fellow spriters.

Aggroswine_zps46ef2e4b.png

Arcecuno_zps69edfbce.png

Charulbasaur_zpsc266360c.png

Terrarsian_zpsf80d8fb8.png

Kerratoise_zps52a48ff6.png

Pilotomb_zpsd2f1a619.png

And the special:
Headreigon_zps6e4614e1.png

This one was my first actual fusion that involved spritework, so I myself see a lot of flaws in this. The idea is to stuff as many hand-heads as possible in Hydreigon's body.

Some of the above were made for fun, and others were intended to be actual beautiful fusions. In any case, blast away!

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Im not sure if this is the place for this, and if it isn't, then please tell me :D
So, I was watching Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and afterwards I had nothing to do, so I just started editing around on an Arceus sprite, and, well. these were the result of my boredom...... I would love some constructive criticism, truth and honesty. I can't get better if you lie about a sprite that's just a black block, saying its the best sprite ever......

Anyways

Arceus Enraged Form (Form, Forme, same thing.....)
tRqB4G5.png

And yes, if you look really closely, you can see a little white dot in the red stuff, I'm just too lazy to get rid of it.....

Arceus Enlightened Form
0zA47OX.png

And now the hardest, and probably worst, of them all, Arceus Genesis Form
trTvfLV.png

The idea of a "Genesis Form" came from the fact that he created everything. It didn't really come out the way I wanted it to, but it's 3:30 AM when i'm posting this, so I'm to tired to edit it.

So, I want your honest and truthful criticism, it and practice are the only way for people to improve. :)

Years
@Lockdown
We have a brand new thread where you should be posting those, and it's the Recolours & Fusions thread! :D
The Spriter's Showcase is just for scratch work, so I moved your post onto here.

Years
Your sprite fusions are quite interesting. It seems like you took time to think about which pokemon might go together well.

Years
Fusions belong in the fusions & recolours thread since you don't have any other sprites other than the ones mentioned. Merged with the fusions & recolours thread.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Geez, that magma Golem is really great! All of you guys are just awesome. x3

Here are some of mine. Ignore the URL on some of them. That was an old blog of mine that I ended up deleting.

A small tip I'd like to give you: Don't resize parts of other Pokémon to make them look bigger and leave it at that. The snout of Diglett in that Diglett + Wailord fusion is very detracting and doesn't look nice. So is the eyes. You must remember to make the outlines only one pixel long, and smoothen the shading. But you're on the right track. I'd suggest practising fusions of Pokémon who look similar first, though. Nice ideas you've taken for the 5th Gen retypes, too.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
so i've been screwing around with some sprites lately
voila, things
meelektrosstwo.png

mewtwo%20recolor.png

black%20shibirudon.png

aggrelure.png

mawtross.png

machile.png

blamachile.png

Last edited:
Years
@mucus
You're gonna have to include 4words/25characters as well with your post as that is one of the official rules of PC.

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
Years
A small tip I'd like to give you: Don't resize parts of other Pokémon to make them look bigger and leave it at that. The snout of Diglett in that Diglett + Wailord fusion is very detracting and doesn't look nice. So is the eyes. You must remember to make the outlines only one pixel long, and smoothen the shading. But you're on the right track. I'd suggest practising fusions of Pokémon who look similar first, though. Nice ideas you've taken for the 5th Gen retypes, too.

Thanks! I was actually doing the Digglet + Wailord one as a joke. It was a comment on how Digglet can be bred with Wailord in game due to the whole "Skitty on Wailord" meme going around. The Dorb and Dode one was based off of the Pokemon Fusions website. I saw a post on Tumblr that showed that, so I thought I'd do a proper sprite for it. Thanks again for the constructive criticism. ^_^

Uzamaki Nagato

Pokemon Master
Years
My Fakemons, right here and waiting.

Disregard the real sprites scattered throughout the image, please. The Fakes are in the centre.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to improve them? It would also rock if there's someone who could volunteer to edit the sprites I make (for hacking, hopefully) so they look better. Thanks in advance!

Years
Some Sacred mountain themed trainer sprites, though the kids feel off a bit. Suggestions are appreciated.

Spoiler:

edit: found the immediate problem with the kids and added a foreign monk to the group.
Image updated.

Last edited:
Back