• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
We all know that the PSP can emulate the gameboy (and the DS soon) and play those pokemon games, but i had the idea: Why not make a pokemon game specifically for PSP?
I mean, the graphics would be great, its an opportunity for skilled scripters to challenge themselves.
If I get enough people who are skilled at tile creating ( high graphic tiles ) mapping, scripting, music and anything else needed i would like to assemble a team and try to create a game.

Thoughts, comments?

xXI JOE IXx

Impossible, because its still a hack of a gba/ds game. Meaning you can't raise up the graphics

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
Who said this will be a hack?
I had the intention of making an actual game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Who said this will be a hack?
I had the intention of making an actual game.
Still nearly impossible, and really, to outshine DPPt you'd need to enter the realm of 3D, since already Pt runs on a 3D engine (albeit, an underused / dowright cruddy one). Coding that from scratch would at least require an insider's knowledge of PSP game development.

But if you want to make a hack that is playable through an emulator on the PSP, w00t?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Well I don't do hack dev, but I know that there are types that are 'patches' for files, but there are also stand alone files (.gba or something) that can be distributed. So I don't see why you couldn't use a hack that was a normal file that the emulator can handle.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ugh. PSP. Gross. Sorry, Vrai/Cirno/Manipulation if this is in the wrong section, but it ain't welcome in my section.

Moved;

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
wroung section this is not a rom hack
what you can do is A make a homebrew or B) hack a psp iso if you are good at ether one and get some good progessine PM me and I will sprite and make tiles for you animated or not.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Ugh. PSP. Gross.

Gross?! No way! It's awesome!

Anyways, no, it'll be impossible to have a Pokemon Game for the
PSP, reasons are:
1. Pokemon is a Ninendo Game
and Nintendo Games will only be in
Nintendo Consoles, meaning that
Golden Sun, Mario, etc. Will only
be in Nintendo Consoles.

2. Why would you want to PUT a Pokemon
Game in a PSP Emulator?
It just doesn't sound right at all.

That's it. All of my opinions and stuff.
Good bye.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
Using a psp to emulate a GBA is just like a PC right? Emulators on PC use a .gba file extension, so why wouldnt a pokemon hack work? Pokemon already works good on a PSP, so just clean a Fire red or Ruby hack, and start from scratch. Wouldn't be too hard.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Using a psp to emulate a GBA is just like a PC right? Emulators on PC use a .gba file extension, so why wouldnt a pokemon hack work? Pokemon already works good on a PSP, so just clean a Fire red or Ruby hack, and start from scratch. Wouldn't be too hard.

Because the thread starter wants a PSP Pokemon game, not a Pokemon hack run on a PSP.

Pikablu Lv.X

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2009
Cool story bro.

Due to a lawsuit, emulation capabilities are going to be removed off later models of the PSP.

So there.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
@SSS: I think I hate you o:< lol jk

Either way, I don't think we'll get a decent discussion out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back