• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[OOC]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Essentially, you're going to have to take a prison guard's weapon. Or if you have some other suitable way of finding a weapon, then feel free to do that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Creating a post that will form the groups and then we can finally get this started (unless anyone still wants to post their character falling asleep, but it's not mandatory).

Also, heads up, I'm giving lacoste one more day before opening SUs again.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Im ready to go, whenever you're ready I say go for it. Also, just a heads up. I may not be as active as I have been in the past. My internet is off and I only get WIFI at my school. :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Okay, so EliteBeats is leaving the RP scene, and lacoste's time is up. Which means SUs are open! I'm only accepting two, so try and make your SUs the best it can be.

Meanwhile, another post will be up soon before I go to sleep, and the newcomers can meet up with the groups soon (or just 'be there' if we are still in the meeting phase.).

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Can I get 24-48 hour reservation? I'll definitely have my SU by then, just want to make sure I'm not left hanging due to my sleeping schedule.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
There's really no point in a reservation seeing as how I will just pick rather than first-come. But I don't think it should pose as a problem as I won't accept anyone until I have at least 4 or 5 SUs (unless there's only you, in which case you'll probably get in lol).

Colony

Years
Ah, okay. Well, like I said I should have it in a day or two. Is there any elements that are off limits at the moment (specifically dark, 'cus that's what I would prefer to make character, though fire could work)?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
The only elements off limits are those that are already taken by two characters (I think it's only lightning, so you should be okay with either dark or fire).

Oh yeah, I just posted. Sorry it's so short, but if I think that this would be a nice short post to let the others catch up a little bit without pelting them with too much info.

Colony

Years
After evaluating a few things I decided that I will have to pass on this RP. Thank you for keeping up to date, and sorry that I wasn't able to take part.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I'll work on my SU tonight and submit it for your approval tomorrow morning. I have to work all day today.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

siiadams

Years
I hope this meets with your approval. If there are any problems or discrepancies, please let me know.

Name: Gaston Ceruleus

Element: Fire

Appearance: Gaston stands at 6' 2" tall, is very fit with a slight muscular build. He has long black hair down to his shoulders, green eyes, and wears a mask to cover his forehead and cheeks. The mask is colored red and black and his clothing reflect that color scheme as well. He wears a sleeveless shirt, black pants, black boots, and wears two wristbands, one on each arm. One has a symbol of a sword and the other has a symbol of a bow and arrow.

Personality: Gaston is very closed off to the world at first. Through the work of his only friend, Thoromir, his disposition has improved some, though he had never been tested in a group of people. He seems very melancholy, but his mission in life is to pay back Diaz for what he did to him, his village, and his life. Any orders given to him will be followed to the letter for fear of not being let back into the group. He will lay down his life for whoever he's around, determined to not let the same mistakes happen again, which he believes to be his fault.

Hometown: Originally from the village of Celino, but since staying with Thoromir just outside of Autican City.

History: Gaston grew up in Celino, a small farming village far from normal cities. Since Celino was far from other towns, it became an expedition of sorts to go and gather supplies for them to use. His father taught him the importance of hard work and how to take pride in your accomplishments. He grew up and quickly took over the family farm himself since his father grew too old to help in the fields. Everything was peaceful and calm and there were even rumors of Gaston soon being able to take a wife! Yes, it was a wonderful place...until the war came through their home.

Diaz and his men stormed through their village at night and started slaughtering everyone in sight, the talk of spies and assassins spewing from their lips as they passed. Gaston, at the behest of his father, hid inside the house while his father went out to meet them, which ended in him being horribly slain. Soon after, the soldiers started burning down their homes. Gaston didn't know of the fires until the flames engulfed his home. He tried to get out, but the flames grew too fast and had him trapped. Before he knew it, the house started to collapse, trapping him inside as the flames scarred his face permanently. Before long, though, he burrowed his way out and tried to run away. However, he ran into a powerful mage who was under Diaz's thumb. The mage, though, had very little mana left to use a death spell or something of that nature, so he resorted to a curse of silence. It hit Gaston in the back and rendered him incapable of speech until another mage of same skill level or higher to break the curse. The mage, not having enough energy for a fight, sent a small group of soldiers to attack him. Gaston quickly took refuge in a nearby forest until the soldiers were called back to Diaz's side. It was morning before Gaston went back to the remains of Celino. He was sorrowful of the devastation that was right in front of him. He felt, though, that it was his responsibility to repair what he could...

Three days later, a mage named Thoromir came to Celino to see what Diaz had done. As he approached, Gaston came forward with a pitchfork in hand, ready to fight whoever this was. After introducing himself, he had a very one-sided conversation with Gaston about what had happened. Soon Thoromir had realized that he couldn't speak. He tried to nullify or dispel the curse, but to no avail. The mage pulled out a slip of parchment and handed it to Gaston, saying that it would write out whatever he wanted to say for others to understand. Overjoyed about finally being able to communicate, at least, Gaston was more friendly and accommodating to the man. Soon, Thoromir invited Gaston to stay with him at his house, which he readily agreed.

For three years, Gaston stayed with Thoromir and learned more about magic and combat, primarily wanting to exact vengeance on Diaz for what he did to his home. Soon, he found that he could create a powerful burst of flame that damaged its target and those close to it. Thoromir helped Gaston control his new-found magic skills, but he knew it wouldn't be enough to fight Diaz. Thoromir created and enchanted a pair of wristbands that would summon a flaming katana sword and a fiery bow that could shoot magically-created fire arrows. Accepting these gifts, Gaston would soon be ready to find and eliminate Diaz and his minions...once and for all!

Weapon: He has no physical weapons on his person, but his wristbands allow him to summon two specially-created weapons which doesn't tap into his own mana reserve. The wristbands can only be activated by an overabundance of body heat, usually only produced by Gaston himself. The sword wristband calls forth an enchanted katana sword of flames that doesn't break or dull. The sword delivers not only normal damage but a little extra due to the flames. As it gets stronger, the physical damage will improve, but the elemental damage will improve only half as fast.

The bow and arrow wristband produces a bow made entirely of flames and will damage anyone that touches it besides the holder. Pulling the string back will create a flaming arrow that causes physical damage as well as elemental damage. Since the arrows are magic-based, they can be fired quicker than normal arrows, but still only one can be fired per turn. The arrows disappear upon contact and cannot be misdirected by natural means (wind, rain, etc.). As it gets stronger, accuracy will increase until the bow reaches maximum distance (150 yards) and then can produce multi-shots (5 maximum). Elemental damage will steadily grow, as well as physical damage at the same rates as the sword.

Note: If either weapon is disarmed from him, it will dissipate within 10 seconds to return to its wristband. If anyone else tries to pick up his weapons, it will cause fire damage to the would-be thief.

Magic: Flame Burst (Fire) Similar to Pokemon move of same name. A fireball explodes on contact, damaging other foes next to target.

Other: Gaston carries the parchment around with him at all times to use for communication. Its quicker than writing, but it does get cumbersome in a battle situation so he won't use it.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I hope this meets with your approval. If there are any problems or discrepancies, please let me know.

Name: Gaston Ceruleus

Appearance: Gaston stands at 6' 2" tall, is very fit with a slight muscular build. He has long black hair down to his shoulders, green eyes, and wears a mask to cover his forehead and cheeks. The mask is colored red and black and his clothing reflect that color scheme as well. He wears a sleeveless shirt, black pants, black boots, and wears two wristbands, one on each arm. One has a symbol of a sword and the other has a symbol of a bow and arrow.

Personality: Gaston is very closed off to the world at first. Through the work of his only friend, Thoromir, his disposition has improved some, though he had never been tested in a group of people. He seems very melancholy, but his mission in life is to pay back Diaz for what he did to him, his village, and his life. Any orders given to him will be followed to the letter for fear of not being let back into the group. He will lay down his life for whoever he's around, determined to not let the same mistakes happen again, which he believes to be his fault.

Hometown: Originally from the village of Celino, but since staying with Thoromir just outside of Autican City.

History: Gaston grew up in Celino, a small farming village far from normal cities. Since Celino was far from other towns, it became an expedition of sorts to go and gather supplies for them to use. His father taught him the importance of hard work and how to take pride in your accomplishments. He grew up and quickly took over the family farm himself since his father grew too old to help in the fields. Everything was peaceful and calm and there were even rumors of Gaston soon being able to take a wife! Yes, it was a wonderful place...until the war came through their home.

Diaz and his men stormed through their village at night and started slaughtering everyone in sight, the talk of spies and assassins spewing from their lips as they passed. Gaston, at the behest of his father, hid inside the house while his father went out to meet them, which ended in him being horribly slain. Soon after, the soldiers started burning down their homes. Gaston didn't know of the fires until the flames engulfed his home. He tried to get out, but the flames grew too fast and had him trapped. Before he knew it, the house started to collapse, trapping him inside as the flames scarred his face permanently. Before long, though, he burrowed his way out and tried to run away. However, he ran into a powerful mage who was under Diaz's thumb. The mage, though, had very little mana left to use a death spell or something of that nature, so he resorted to a curse of silence. It hit Gaston in the back and rendered him incapable of speech until another mage of same skill level or higher to break the curse. The mage, not having enough energy for a fight, sent a small group of soldiers to attack him. Gaston quickly took refuge in a nearby forest until the soldiers were called back to Diaz's side. It was morning before Gaston went back to the remains of Celino. He was sorrowful of the devastation that was right in front of him. He felt, though, that it was his responsibility to repair what he could...

Three days later, a mage named Thoromir came to Celino to see what Diaz had done. As he approached, Gaston came forward with a pitchfork in hand, ready to fight whoever this was. After introducing himself, he had a very one-sided conversation with Gaston about what had happened. Soon Thoromir had realized that he couldn't speak. He tried to nullify or dispel the curse, but to no avail. The mage pulled out a slip of parchment and handed it to Gaston, saying that it would write out whatever he wanted to say for others to understand. Overjoyed about finally being able to communicate, at least, Gaston was more friendly and accommodating to the man. Soon, Thoromir invited Gaston to stay with him at his house, which he readily agreed.

For three years, Gaston stayed with Thoromir and learned more about magic and combat, primarily wanting to exact vengeance on Diaz for what he did to his home. Soon, he found that he could create a powerful burst of flame that damaged its target and those close to it. Thoromir helped Gaston control his new-found magic skills, but he knew it wouldn't be enough to fight Diaz. Thoromir created and enchanted a pair of wristbands that would summon a flaming katana sword and a fiery bow that could shoot magically-created fire arrows. Accepting these gifts, Gaston would soon be ready to find and eliminate Diaz and his minions...once and for all!

Weapon: He has no physical weapons on his person, but his wristbands allow him to summon two specially-created weapons which doesn't tap into his own mana reserve. The wristbands can only be activated by an overabundance of body heat, usually only produced by Gaston himself. The sword wristband calls forth an enchanted katana sword of flames that doesn't break or dull. The sword delivers not only normal damage but a little extra due to the flames. As it gets stronger, the physical damage will improve, but the elemental damage will improve only half as fast.

The bow and arrow wristband produces a bow made entirely of flames and will damage anyone that touches it besides the holder. Pulling the string back will create a flaming arrow that causes physical damage as well as elemental damage. Since the arrows are magic-based, they can be fired quicker than normal arrows, but still only one can be fired per turn. The arrows disappear upon contact and cannot be misdirected by natural means (wind, rain, etc.). As it gets stronger, accuracy will increase until the bow reaches maximum distance (150 yards) and then can produce multi-shots (5 maximum). Elemental damage will steadily grow, as well as physical damage at the same rates as the sword.

Note: If either weapon is disarmed from him, it will dissipate within 10 seconds to return to its wristband. If anyone else tries to pick up his weapons, it will cause fire damage to the would-be thief.

Magic: Flame Burst (Fire) Similar to Pokemon move of same name. A fireball explodes on contact, damaging other foes next to target.

Other: Gaston carries the parchment around with him at all times to use for communication. Its quicker than writing, but it does get cumbersome in a battle situation so he won't use it.

I like this myself. Could the next SU be a woman? We lack them I think.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
OH. MY. GOSH. This is my third time trying to upload this, so hopefully it works.

Name: Malik Augustus

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Malik is a natural teacher and leader, as a result of having a large knowledge base about the world and its people. He comes off to be cold and distant, but among friends and allies he quickly warms up and becomes the life of the party. At least, he's the life of the party as far as he's concerned, and no one has ever told him otherwise. Malik is quite the character, making jokes and wisecracks whenever possible. If you made a mistake in front of Malik, he will most likely immediately point it out. And will probably make fun of you for it later.

However, Malik has a brooding side and can often be seen mumbling quietly to himself when an idea enters his head. He also has a serious side and when a situation gets tough, the amount of jokes he makes goes down. Not that it ever goes away mid you. Malik is a good ally and friend, and enjoys nothing better than enjoying an ale with friends at the local pub. Especially if his friends are buying. (Nudge nudge wink wink.)

Hometown: Ephinea, a large trading city on the Northern Coast.

History: Malik grew up in Ephinea, a town of bustling trade, large buildings, both great wealth and great poverty. Malik was one of those unlucky souls who resided on the impoverished side of the social scale. Malik never got angry or upset because of his poverty however. It was just one of those facts of life that couldn't be changed by ranting, only by hard work. And Malik did hard work, finding whatever jobs he could in order to assist the support of his mother and two younger sisters, Sophia and Nina.

Malik had a strong love of books and learning, viewing education as something that could help his family arise from poverty. He went to great lengths to obtain books on whatever subject he was interested in. Despite a lack of formal tutoring, Malik entered his adult life with a large amount of knowledge in his head, and had taught himself the skills necessary to live such as math.

However, disaster struck when Malik was seventeen years of age. His father fell ill, and Malik's family could not raise the money to buy the medicine that could cure him. His father died in his arms, shaking Malik to his very core. Though never voiced openly, he blamed himself for his father's death, and vowed to never let the rest of his family down.

Following this mantra, Malik joined the army. Ephinea had always operated as a free city-state, free to regulate its own trade agreements and laws. However Diaz's reign of terror brought a very real threat to the cities well-being. When Malik was examined, it was noted that he had an unusually large mana reserve. The higher -ups noted this and had him trained in magic by experts. His affinity for fire was the most obvious thing that was noted, and he was trained in the creation and control of conflagrations.

Because of his ability to focus and control his thoughts so well, Malik was given a Bladerang, a special weapon designed and made for the Ephinean army. He had great proficiency with the weapon, and was quickly advanced in rank. However, when the full might of the opposing army fell upon the city, not even skill with a blade could save the ones he loved.

Diaz's army rampaged through the city, burning the entire lower -wealth section and billing all of its residents. They then held the richer portion under siege for many days. Malik fought tooth and nail with his foes, but in the end found himself too weak to summon the might he needed. He watched helplessly from the top of a tower as his home and neighborhood was burned. The tears that he shed that day left a stain on his soul, and he almost committed suicide because he had failed to keep his vow.

However, just as he was going to pitch himself off of the tower, a friend stopped him. He consoled and rallied him, telling him that the best way to keep his vow was to swear vengeance on Diaz and his great army. Malik did so, his eyes blazing with a newfound fire. Revenge.

Malik and his companion attempted to flee the castle, to escape into the surrounding countryside. They were discovered as they made their way to the exit by Diaz's men, who attacked them. Malik's companion defended Malik with his life, slaying seven of his opponents before being brought down by a knife in the back. Malik watched as his companion fell, yelling at him to run, to save himself. And Malik did.

Malik wandered the land for many days, raging and crying at the cruelty of life. But eventually his tears dried, and his jovial attitude returned. At his core remained a spark of fury which never burned itself out. He found his way to resisting towns and assisted wherever he could, training his magic and his blade for the time when he could use them to slay Diaz himself.

Weapon: At first glance, Malik's weapon appears to be a large cleaver. And, to those not skilled in weaponry, it is. However, a skilled individual can discern that his weapon is in fact a Bladerang. A heavy throwing blade, the Bladerang has the capability to return to its owner's hand after being thrown. Another ability the Bladerang has is that the thrower can manipulate the flight path of the blade nie on freely. Manipulating the blade requires concentration however, and though the weapon does not burn Malik's mana reserves, it does mean that he is unable to cast spells whilst controlling the blade. Though the returning of the blade is automatic and requires no concentration, merely an open hand, the blade will not return to him if it is forcibly taken. It also cannot be "summoned" in any way, and must be thrown to activate its abilities.

Magic:
  • Photon Burst (Fire): Malik summons a small sphere within about a ten-foot radius. After a brief delay, the sphere explodes, sending flames out about one and a half-feet outwards from the epicenter. Note that this is Malik's weakest attack, and uses the least mana.
  • Air Pressure (Wind): When used, a small circle appears under the target, creating a large burst of air that crushes all enemies within its range with immense pressure. The spell can also be utilized to pull objects towards the target.
  • Blazing Hearts (Fire): When cast, the spell causes two bullets of fiery energy to appear and join together beneath the enemy, creating a glyph of fire in the form of a cross. This is Malik's most powerful spell that he knows, and takes large amounts of concentration and mana to cast successful.
Other: Just to clarify, Malik's friend will never be named.

Note: Due to lots of issues, I will be uploading this one piece at a time.

Edit: Finished!

Last edited:

siiadams

Years
Ok, I can do that.

Instead of Gaston, she'll be Gracelyn.

She'll be 5' 4". She won't be scarred or wearing a mask. Her attire will be the same, however.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Alright, done! Finally. If there's anything you want me to change just tell me!

siiadams

Years
Well, after thinking more about my character, I don't think I can play a female and do the character any justice. I would like to resubmit my character as I originally posted, if thats ok with you.

Back