• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Yeah, I use the "cool" site. It doesn't work. I just get an error if I try to patch the story patch or whatever. I just give up, meh.

Use a different patching program?

I patched roms using windhex32.

Or, don't patch it at all. Just make sure automatic patch loading thing is set on VisualBoyAdvance and then name the gold rom to the same as the patch and it will work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2023
Is it possible to evolve pokemons like Onix, Scyther, Haunter, etc??

Asking before i start training one of them :asd:

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
What are Pumbloom's and Missingno.'s base stats, out of curiosity? They're a part of my team no matter what (Pumbloom is adorable, and Missingno. is a classic - and it would be remiss not to use a pair of unique mons like them), so I'm not asking for /that/ sort of reason. Pumbloom's stats seem all-around low - perhaps to make up for its decent learnset? Missingno. seems the opposite - stellar stats (especially defense and special defense) but shallow movepool.

For anyone curious about the learnsets, these go up to lvl 55. Pumbloom seems to learn a move every 5 levels, and Missingno. every 10 levels.

Pumbloom (Grass/Poison) learnset
Spoiler:

Missingno. (Water/Flying) learnset
Spoiler:

Both of their TM learnsets are pretty shallow (Missingno.'s is certainly nowhere near as broad as the actual Missingno.'s TM set was in RB); the only really good compatibility that I've found is that Missingno. can learn Blizzard. Of the HMs, Pumbloom learns Flash, and Missingno. learns Fly, Surf, and Whirlpool (and maybe Waterfall, though I'm not sure if it's in the hack (have just defeated Mauro, so pre-Elite-4)).

---

I really liked Missingno.'s place in the story, by the way (and since it's relevant to that: Flynn was a great fight!), though it would have been neat if some folks in Cinnabar mentioned them too (it's possible that Missingno. are the reason why the eastern shore is walled off, but that could just be the remaining lava flow from GSC's Cinnabar map, plus I didn't find any NPC who talked about it).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
What are Pumbloom's and Missingno.'s base stats, out of curiosity? They're a part of my team no matter what (Pumbloom is adorable, and Missingno. is a classic - and it would be remiss not to use a pair of unique mons like them), so I'm not asking for /that/ sort of reason. Pumbloom's stats seem all-around low - perhaps to make up for its decent learnset? Missingno. seems the opposite - stellar stats (especially defense and special defense) but shallow movepool.

I found this in my notes for Pumbloom:
Base stats
hp: 100
attack: 65
defense: 65
special attack: 70
special defense: 70
speed: 45

Missingno:

Base stats
hp 106
attack 90
defence 154
special attack 110
special defense 130
speed 90

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I found this in my notes for Pumbloom:
Base stats
hp: 100
attack: 65
defense: 65
special attack: 70
special defense: 70
speed: 45

Missingno:

Base stats
hp 106
attack 90
defence 154
special attack 110
special defense 130
speed 90
Hm, interesting. Pumbloom has Dunsparce's stats, except switching attack & defense with special attack & special defense (not much of a change, due to the only 5 point difference, but it's there).

Missingno.'s stats are the same as Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-oh, but rearranged - probably most similar to Lugia, who is also defensively-oriented, but in the opposite way as Missingno.

Anyway, though we may be missing out on Missingno.'s RB TM learnset, at least we're also missing out on Missingno.'s RB stats. Poor thing had base stats of 33 hp / 136 attack / 0 defense / 6 special / 29 speed.
(Yes, zero defense. It was weird.)

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
@Freako: Can leaf stones be found anywhere in the hack? They're not for sale in Brandeis like the water/fire/thunder stones are. Oddish and Exeggcute aren't available in the hack anyway, but Bellsprout can be found on Rts 1 & 4 (and was in fact the first mon I caught). I also didn't find any moon stones, which would be unfortunate for folks who trained one of the Nidorans (F is on Rt 7, and M is on both 7 & 8).

(I mean, I guess I could gameshark-code a leaf stone in for my Weepinbell, but the hack really shouldn't require that to be done :/.)

EDIT: A moon stone can be gotten from the Pewter City science museum (accessible after 8th badge).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
where to get HM surf?
Ive got 4 badges and im stuck in the cave where you have to find the caveman's wallet.

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
where to get HM surf?
Ive got 4 badges and im stuck in the cave where you have to find the caveman's wallet.
There's a man in front of the Brandeis pokemart who will entrust the wallet to you once you beat the Brandeis gym leader (always talk to NPCs!). Return it to the man in the cave in exchange for Surf.

(Also, use the search thread function. This question has already been answered.)

EDIT: Since it hasn't been mentioned in the thread already, I'll note that Fly can be obtained by delivering the package from the Gamboge post office to Prof Oak in Pallet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Is Pumbloom the only Fakemon, and what are their typings and base stats? What are its base stats?

It's a great hack, just would like to know more about fakemon since i dunno if they are worth using or not.

Back