• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Tbh, Fennekin's final evolution being a Fire/Psychic would be really nice to have, especially how it could use Psychic-type moves and all that. But I'm probably thinking it's just going to be a pure Fire-type, like Typhlosion was in Gold/Silver.

And I'm kind of thinking that the final evolution of Chespin would be a Grass/Dark-type, while the final evolution of Froakie would be a Water/Flying-type.

I could see Froakie being either Water/Fighting or Water/Dark honestly. The white stuff he's got going on behind him could be a thief's bag or something?

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Personally I'd like to see the starters end up being Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Dark once they're fully evolved. Give 2 of the 3 perfect type triangles to the starters, plus it could make for some really nice designs for the fully evolved pokemon, as well.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
If Audino got an evo., it better be available in the wild. Talk about how much Exp. you'd get from it :B It's pre-evo. would probably produce a decent amount, too, though not as much as Audino itself XD;

As for whether it'll happen, I honestly don't know ><;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I want Audino to be a stand alone Pokemon. XD I don't want an Audino2 haha. ...What if it gave even MORE exp though!?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The nintendo direct dude said why. There are lots of fans of Pokéon, and this time, you get to play it at the same time as your japonese counterparts.

I think the Nintendo Direct person you're referring to is Satoru Iwata.

Yep, which is why I'm really looking forward to getting both Pokémon X and Y at the same time as everywhere else in the world. It's great that finally Game Freak has decided to do an international release at the same time as Japan, like as with other franchises that Nintendo has, such as the Mario games.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Well Satoru Iwata said that they've always wanted to do it, they just weren't sure how.
Anyway, what was this feature I heard about? Something to make you feal like your playing with other real people? Was that a roomer or what? Serebii doesn't say nothin about it.

Years
WOW.I just watched the nintendo direct video.(In my opinion)it looks like it could have potential.I hope it has a bit of each region though.and the y mascot is great.(but I don't fancy the names though.Letters?Why?)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The letters can have specific meanings though. D=

A lot of people speculated that the letters 'X' and 'Y' could represent chromosomes, or perhaps a y-axis, and x-axis. I'm leaning more towards the former since... it can be science themed. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm leaning on the genetics thing too. I think it'd be easier to work with than the axis stuff. I don't wanna think about math anyway. XD Or maybe it's about both!

Platinum Lucario

Years
I'm kind of thinking that it could be both about chromosomes as well as width, height and depth. 'Cause if you think about it, Xernias is on the ground and seems like a deer of life going along the ground, where as Yveltal is up in the sky and can soar up and down and kind of represents an end of life vulture.

Platinum Lucario

Years
But wouldn't Z represent Yveltal if that were the case? not y? y is forward and backwar, x is left and right, and z is up and down.

I'm pretty sure Z represents depth, where as Y represents Height and X represents Width. So it's understandable that Yveltal is about Height, if we're talking about dimensions here. xD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

One thing that worries me though...given that children play this game also, isn't there a good chance that a majority of them would not understand the storyline at all if it was based off genetics? XD

But little kids aren't going to understand the XYZ axis either, so it's a lose-lose for them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't know a lot of kids that care or cared for the plot of Pokemon games, honestly. And I think that's a beauty in these games. You don't really have to understand the plot to play them, but if you can, more power to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back