• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Thanks Jet, Ill be waiting for your Cyber Dragon. Anyway Alexial I wanted to ask if its ok if I focused more on doing sprites instead of designs, its just that theres more artist now and only 2 spriters, you and Slenderman. Eventually there will be way too many designs and since trying to do a sprite myself I realized it does take time. I would probably start doing the earlier designs if thats ok.

EDIT:

Here are two sprites I made today, I was gonna do the third evolution this morning but I fell asleep.

2uyt4zr.gif

10z8z7d.gif

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm back! x:
BeefTaco, only thing I can suggest is to add more shading and highlights to the sprites. (:

Okay. I was sketching what was originally to be a feline. I wasn't exactly trying hard to make it turn out well, so the muzzle ended up pretty funky. I erased it, then decided to run with it.
I hardly was thinking, but, in under 5 minutes, I the lineart of a new Fakemon. I'm going to fix it up now, of course, and add details. It also is only a sketch right now.

Sorry about somewhat ditching this project. s:
On the upside, some offline problems aren't going on right now, so I actually will be up to drawing/spriting. Speaking of, I hadn't realized until I seen the above post that only a few spriters are around. I'll start a sprite soon, after I finish the art of my new Fakemon.

Edit:
Okay. Here's a sketch.
Spoiler:

I haven't added details yet.
Opinions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Sure thing Slender, I still have a lot to learn about sprites but I'm getting there I think. Also nice design Slender what type are you thinking of making it?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
ABSOL PRE-EVOLUTION PLZ

Sorry, I absolutely had to say that. Slender, that looks like a perfect Absol pre-evolution.

Also, I love, love, love those sprites Beefy. They're so great. On top of what Slender said about the highlights / shadows, I'd like to see that base grey lightened up a bit on the second evolution. Right now, it kind of makes the design muddy looking.. and I think if that grey is a touch lighter, the whole thing will pull together. As it stands though, I think the grey/orange combination is fantastic, so definitely keep that. It really makes the orange pop. And, actually, now that I see it as a sprite.. I really get the feeling that it's a pokemon. I couldn't be happier with both them. 10/10

Anyone want to do shiny variants?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for the tips Alexial. I need to check my computer screen because when I check the designs on my Ipod they have a different tone.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
here are the Cyber dragons finally. Tell me what you think

mbpkit.jpg

The first is Cyber then second is cyber/dragon

dgsa9z.jpg

Here is the final evo which is again Cyber/dragon

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ohhh I hadn't even realized it had that potential.
How about a split evolution line? Perhaps a Dusk stone for Absol and something different for another Pokemon? (I have an idea for a Steel/Psychic evolution.)

Also, I was thinking...aren't there a few too many Pokemon with multiple heads? It's a cool idea, but it seems like it'll be overdone in this Fakedex.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I think your Cyber Dragon would be a better Hydra fake than the one I have :D

And Alexial, I think that we should remove my blue dragon guy because I just realized how similar it was compared to Salamance. And, it was more of an idea than a full-fledged design :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@ Slender : I think the most common trends in this project are quadrupeds and three-headedness. :p Anyway, yeah, I'm all for a split evolution line. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

@ Jet : Make your drawing look less like YGO's work. I know your a fan, but I will not have any ripoffs or "too close for comfort's" in our fakedex. It's okay to be inspired by certain designs; but if you reference anything in your drawing, please post the picture with it so we know. Not trying to reprimand you, just informing. :)

Thank you, SwiftSign, for bringing that to our attention.

@ Fort : Yeah go for it! If you can work with sprites than by all means, do it.

@ Sunny : I'll go ahead and take 'em out of the main dex for now, but I'll put them back in Uncatalogued Pokemon so we still "have" the design. We can go back to it or remove it completely at a later date. Sound good? Feel free to work on a replacement though. I think we still need our Dragon type pseudo-legend. :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
I can take a crack at the pseudo-legend dragon if youd like?

Also are we aloud to do evos for existing pokemon?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Of course! You may draw whatever you like, be it a preevolution, new evolution, split evolution. The only limit is your imagination, pretty much. n_n;

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah like Alexial said, just go all out and feel free to design anything you wish :D

That hydra thing I had was more of an idea really, and technically was the Water Starter to someone else's game I designed for. But it wasn't used, and somehow ended up as a pseudo-legendary here :P
And since it's now being removed from its status, I really want to see someone else attempt a psuedo-legendary rather than me!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I like them a lot fort. I gotta finish up the fire starter sprites :/ but my brother has been using the computer all day.

Back