• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Just so you guys know, you are awesome; and I am a complete moron when it comes to GBA accessories.

I just got the link cable in the mail last night and spent about an hour and a half trading things. Thanks for your help everyone! :D

Glad to hear it :)

Then what do I do with the Eevee? Who do I evolve it to?

And who should I replace to put Lapras and the eeveelution?

Evolve Eevee into Vaporeon like others said, and teach it Ice Beam or something. It will help you in the Elite 4.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Hey! i'm new to Pokecommunity and i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. I like playing hacked pokemon rom on my psp using gpsp test 2 build 132 and i can't play pokemon crono...... it won't load i'v also tried pokemon light platinum.... SAME THING! but pokemon shiny gold 5X works! if anyone could help me that would be great :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry, but you'll have to ask in the Emulation section. This one here's only for the official games.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I was wondering if when you restarted the game all the secret bases from other people got deleted or not. Thanks in advance for your help!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was wondering if when you restarted the game all the secret bases from other people got deleted or not. Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you asking if your friends secret bases in your game would be gone, or if your secret base on your friends game would be gone?

I'd imagine when you delete the game, the secret bases you acquired from friends in your games would be gone.

But if you mean if that the secret base that you gave your friend in thier games, I think your base would still be there regardless if you deleted your file.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question correctly, lol.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Are you asking if your friends secret bases in your game would be gone, or if your secret base on your friends game would be gone?

I'd imagine when you delete the game, the secret bases you acquired from friends in your games would be gone.

But if you mean if that the secret base that you gave your friend in thier games, I think your base would still be there regardless if you deleted your file.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question correctly, lol.
No, you gave a working answer.

Also have their ever been Battle E-Cards for emerald that were released? I've got some for ruby, but I'm not sure about emerald.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
No, you gave a working answer.

Also have their ever been Battle E-Cards for emerald that were released? I've got some for ruby, but I'm not sure about emerald.

E-cards were discontinued in the US at the time of Emerald, so no. Only in Japan im afraid.

Years
Well, I felt like checking on my copy of Pokemon Sapphire and guess what popped up when I started the game.

"The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur."

At this point, I'm stumped on what to do. I've been looking around in this thread because somebody said that this question was answered a lot of times, but I haven't found a 100% straight answer.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can't very well help you since you haven't really asked a question. If you're asking what it means, it means all clock based events won't happen anymore (Shoal Cave tides, sales events in the post-game, berry growth). And if you're asking if it can be fixed, then I'm pretty sure it can by hooking up (lol) with Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen. And the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc should fix it too. This is starting to be a real problem lately, I've noticed. :( Like when GSC batteries started dying.

Maybe this can help more than I can? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_glitch

Years
Can't very well help you since you haven't really asked a question. If you're asking what it means, it means all clock based events won't happen anymore (Shoal Cave tides, sales events in the post-game, berry growth). And if you're asking if it can be fixed, then I'm pretty sure it can by hooking up (lol) with Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen. And the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc should fix it too. This is starting to be a real problem lately, I've noticed. :( Like when GSC batteries started dying.

Maybe this can help more than I can? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_glitch

I did look at the article there before you recommended it to me. The glitch happens after over 100 hours of playtime has occurred or if you've own the game for over a year. My playtime in Sapphire is around 60 hours and I've had that game since 2003. But this little paragraph is what is confusing me.

"Games afflicted by the glitch will not display the following message upon start up: "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." This message is displayed when the internal battery has run dry. "

I got that exact message when I start my Sapphire game. If I got this glitch, why is that message showing when I select my save file?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Then that just means the internal battery has run dry. And I guess when the actually battery runs dry, it's not just the berry glitch, it's the battery. My Ruby was patched, but I got that message back in December when I went back to play it for something.

So because of the battery, you can't use the patches to fix it anymore, you'd actually need to replace the battery. That's how I'm looking at this all at least.

Years
It is the battery in my Sapphire game. If I did have the Berry Glitch, I wouldn't be able to draw a lotto ticket at the Lilycove Department Store. I did that and I did get a lotto ticket. I don't have the Berry Glitch. I did check out my other GBA Pokemon games and they are all fine for now.

Since my battery is running dry, will transferring my important Pokemon to the Gen IV games via Pal Park be an issue?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It is the battery in my Sapphire game. If I did have the Berry Glitch, I wouldn't be able to draw a lotto ticket at the Lilycove Department Store. I did that and I did get a lotto ticket. I don't have the Berry Glitch. I did check out my other GBA Pokemon games and they are all fine for now.

Since my battery is running dry, will transferring my important Pokemon to the Gen IV games via Pal Park be an issue?

No it shouldn't be a problem. The same thing happened to my Pokemon Ruby and it hasn't effected my Pearl or HeartGold one bit. I'm pretty sure you could try replacing the internal battery but you might delete your save file so I say just live with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I suggest trading them to another adv gen game with a working battery and then migrating, if you're worried about the time on your Sapphire messing around with your migration timing. But HGSS don't have that stupid timing thing from what I understand, so if you migrate to one of those, the clock on your Sapphire shouldn't matter.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Would Slakoth be a good option to consider on my team on Sapphire?
(I figured it would be better to ask here instead of S&M because it's just one pokemon)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Would Slakoth be a good option to consider on my team on Sapphire?
(I figured it would be better to ask here instead of S&M because it's just one pokemon)

I'd keep it at Vigoroth though; since we all know of Slaking's ability.

But yeah, Viggy has high Speed + Attack.

Yes.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
I searched the thread and nothing came up, so I'm going to ask it here: How does Hustle work in 3rd gen? Is it still only Physical attack that is raised or does it effect Special Attack as well because all the description reads is "Trades Accuracy for Power."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back