• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Breeding

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
UPDATE!

This script is now compatible with Essentials v20.1 as part of my Legendary Breeding plugin. Refer to that plugin for the features found in this thread.

I've made a few changes that allows legendary species to breed. This is done by assigning genders to all the legendaries, as well as adding 8 new Egg Groups that are exclusive to legendary species. This keeps them special from regular species by separating them in their own groups, but still allows legendaries to have all the benefits of breeding. I'll be covering all current legendary species, but there shouldn't be any issues if your project doesn't include Pokemon from more recent gens.

First off, here are the new Egg Groups I've set up:

Skycrest
This group is primarily occupied by bird-like or winged species that dominate the skies.
Pokemon in this group:
144.png
145.png
146.png
249.png
250.png
380.png
381.png
488.png
641-s.png
646.png
717.png
785.png
792.png

Bestial
This group is primarily occupied by beast-like species that roam the lands. Most species in this group are quadrupeds.
Pokemon in this group:
243.png
244.png
245.png
485.png
638.png
639.png
640.png
645-s.png
647.png
716.png
721.png
787.png
791.png
807.png
888.png
889.png
892.png
893.png
, Calyrex

Titan
This is a small group made up primarily by large, hulking species.
Pokemon in this group:
382.png
383.png
486.png
643.png
644.png
645-s.png
718.png
721.png
800.png
809.png

Overlord
This is a small group made up primarily by Dragon-type species.
Pokemon in this group:
380.png
381.png
384.png
642-s.png
643.png
644.png
646.png
717.png
718.png
890.png

Nebulous
This group is primarily occupied by creatures with mysterious or cosmic origins. Most species in this group are bipedal, or align themselves vertically.
Pokemon in this group:
386.png
491.png
642-s.png
648.png
649.png
719.png
720.png
786.png
788.png
801.png
802.png
807.png

Enchanted
This group is primarily occupied by pixie-like species with strong ties to nature or other magical properties. Most species in this group are smaller-sized creatures.
Pokemon in this group:
251.png
385.png
480.png
481.png
482.png
488.png
490.png
492.png
494.png
648.png
716.png
719.png
785.png
786.png
787.png
788.png
801.png
, Calyrex

Ancestor
This group is occupied by the genetic ancestor to all other species. This group can breed with every other group in the game except for the Ditto and Ultra groups.
Pokemon in this group:
151.png

Ultra
This group is occupied only by Ultra beasts, or species with similar cosmic origins.
Pokemon in this group:
791.png
792.png
793.png
794.png
795.png
796.png
797.png
798.png
799.png
800.png
804.png
805.png
806.png

Special Cases
Some in-depth info on breeding mechanics for certain species.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
this looks pretty cool

do we need to have up to gen7 pokemon/moves/abilities/items added or will it just ignore them if there not there?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
if i put a pokemon in a normal egg group and a legendary egg group would the normal egg group work as normal
the reason for this is because i am making a game with fakemon and one of them is ment to be 75% legendary (it has a baby form)
Fakemon PBS code for refrence:
Spoiler:

in this case i have Skycrest and Water 1. would it be able to breed with Poliwag and zapdos
Also manaphy already has 2 egg groups (Fairy and water 1) so enchanted would technically be a third

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
if i put a pokemon in a normal egg group and a legendary egg group would the normal egg group work as normal
the reason for this is because i am making a game with fakemon and one of them is ment to be 75% legendary (it has a baby form)
Fakemon PBS code for refrence:
Spoiler:

in this case i have Skycrest and Water 1. would it be able to breed with Poliwag and zapdos
Also manaphy already has 2 egg groups (Fairy and water 1) so enchanted would technically be a third
I haven't tested this possibility, but I would expect that you would be able to breed it with both Water 1 and Skycrest species. However Ditto would not be compatible with it (because Ditto will fail to breed with any legendary combo). Mew, however, should breed with it just fine.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I haven't tested this possibility, but I would expect that you would be able to breed it with both Water 1 and Skycrest species. However Ditto would not be compatible with it (because Ditto will fail to breed with any legendary combo). Mew, however, should breed with it just fine.
good enough for me. i never understood how ditto can transform into a male of a female only species anyway or a female of a male only species
also you've missed Phione

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
good enough for me. i never understood how ditto can transform into a male of a female only species anyway or a female of a male only species
also you've missed Phione
I decided to keep Phione as it is. It was designed to be a bit weird in how it's obtained, and I'm ok with leaving it in the Water 1 group. I might add some kind of hold-item deal with Manaphy though, so that you can breed Manaphy eggs separately instead of always hatching Phione.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I decided to keep Phione as it is. It was designed to be a bit weird in how it's obtained, and I'm ok with leaving it in the Water 1 group. I might add some kind of hold-item deal with Manaphy though, so that you can breed Manaphy eggs separately instead of always hatching Phione.

My game lets it evolve using a water stone
Evidence:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Minor Update 4/21/18
I've now added Egg Moves to every legendary species under my PBS File changes in my installation instructions. These Egg Moves are based on all of the species' Gen 7 learnsets. I tried to keep all Gen 6 & 7 moves at the end of each Pokemon's move list (if any), so you can easily delete them if your game is not up to date to include those new moves.

I've also made some small scripting changes to handle how Manaphy and Phione work, so you can now successfully create Manaphy eggs independently from Phione. When breeding Manaphy, the mother must hold a Mystic Water to create Manaphy eggs. Otherwise, only Phione will be hatched.

Please let me know if there are any errors or oversights I may need to correct.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
sooo in my game is based on the zodiac (and im using the birthsign script) and i was wondering if the hatched pokemon can set based on its birthsign

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
sooo in my game is based on the zodiac (and im using the birthsign script) and i was wondering if the hatched pokemon can set based on its birthsign
Hmm what do you mean exactly? Are you asking if you could make the egg species change from what it would normally be based on what sign it inherits? I guess it depends on what you're trying to do, exactly. But I do suppose something like that would be possible, yes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
yh thats what i was meaning

Ok well, I tried playing around with it some. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any easy way to change the baby's species based on what sign it inherits...this is because Birthsigns are applied after the Pokemon hatches from the egg. While inside the egg, the Pokemon has no birthsign yet. So because of this, there isn't a way to really change the species beforehand without restructuring how the entire birthsign process works.

However, you can change the egg's species based on the parent's birthsigns.

So say for example, the mother species has the January sign, then you can code it so that the baby species it yields is different than it would normally be. You can even combine this with other factors, like what the current month is when the egg was created.

Here are some random examples I created:

Example 1
Code:
elsif isConst?(mother.species,PBSpecies,:PIKACHU)
    if mother.hasJanBirthsign?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:MARILL)
    elsif mother.hasFebBirthsign? && Time.now.mon==2
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:PACHIRISU)
    elsif mother.hasMarBirthsign? && PBDayNight.isDay?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:EMOLGA)
    end

In this example, whenever you breed a mother Pikachu, the species it hatches will change depending on various factors.
1) If the mother has January's sign, it will always yield Marill eggs.
2) If the mother has the February sign, it will yield Pachirisu eggs if bred in the month of February.
3) If the mother has the March sign, it will yield Emolga eggs during the day.
4) In all other cases, the mother will yield Pichu eggs like normal.

Example 2
Code:
elsif isConst?(mother.species,PBSpecies,:MEOWTH)
    if mother.hasJanBirthsign? && father.hasDecBirthsign?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:SKITTY)
    elsif mother.hasPartnerSign?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:GLAMEOW)
    elsif mother.hasRivalSign?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:PURRLOIN)
    end

Here's some more examples using Meowth as the mother:
1) If the mother has the January sign, AND the father has the December sign, then the offspring species will be Skitty.
2) If the mother has one of the Partner signs of the current month, then the offspring will be Glameow.
3) If the mother has the Rival sign of the current month, then the offspring will be Purrloin.

Example 3
Code:
elsif isConst?(mother.species,PBSpecies,:MEW)
    if mother.hasCurrentSign? && father.hasCurrentSign?
      babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:DITTO)
    end

In this case, if the mother species is Mew, and both parents share the same sign as the current month, then the offspring will hatch as Ditto.

Example 4
Code:
elsif isConst?(mother.item,PBItems,:JANZODICA) && mother.hasJanBirthsign?
    babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:PIKACHU)

In this case, the offspring will be always be Pikachu for ANY parent species, as long as the mother has January's sign, and is holding a Janzodica stone.

Play around with it for yourself using these examples, and see what works. Hopefully you can get results that work with what you have in mind. You can enter this stuff in the breeding script under the "baby species" section, right below where I have all the code to determine Regigigas' offspring.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I actually made an icon for the Berserk Gene a while back, since it never had one to begin with (as there were no item icons in Gens I and II).

If you want to include it, feel free:

914L3R2.png

*It's based loosely on the the DNA icon used for Mega Evolutions in Gens 6+.

EDIT: I also had a go at creating a False and Divine Plate just for funzies:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't need credit or anything, and you can do whatever you want with it.

Attachments

• item578.png
    item578.png
    477 bytes · Views: 749
  • item593.png
    item593.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,499
  • item594.png
    item594.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I actually made an icon for the Berserk Gene a while back, since it never had one to begin with (as there were no item icons in Gens I and II).

If you want to include it, feel free:

914L3R2.png

*It's based loosely on the the DNA icon used for Mega Evolutions in Gens 6+.

EDIT: I also had a go at creating a False and Divine Plate just for funzies:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't need credit or anything, and you can do whatever you want with it.

Thanks for the contribution. I'll use these.

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
i have two other legendary's i a dark arceus and different type of lugia how can i add them

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
i have two other legendary's i a dark arceus and different type of lugia how can i add them

If they're just forms you added of those existing species, then you don't have to do anything, since they'll work in the same way as the base species does. If you added them as completely new species in your Pokemon PBS file, then you'd have to assign them genders/egg groups/egg moves that you deem appropriate.

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
If they're just forms you added of those existing species, then you don't have to do anything, since they'll work in the same way as the base species does. If you added them as completely new species in your Pokemon PBS file, then you'd have to assign them genders/egg groups/egg moves that you deem appropriate.

ok thx for answering

Back